Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Make Move For Now, And The Future

Recommended Posts

At 11:30 p.m., exactly as planned, the Eagles went on the clock with the 32nd pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and … did pretty much was everyone expected: Keeping in mind the present and the future, the Eagles dealt the 32nd pick and a fourth-round pick ...

View the full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2nd next yr was the kicker, we made a deal we couldn't refuse! Expected the move back and didn't stay up - nice job FO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent moves. Nothing mind-blowing but decent. Wish I hadn't stayed up. Couple players went down that I was hoping would slide to us, but whatever happens next will work out.  There's still a few others that i'd be more than averagely excited to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Swoop, started thinking that way as well after finding out it was a trade of 4th rds, originally read that we picked one up there. Thinking that way is misleading tho as there's value in later rds in this draft then next yrs' 2nd rd when we'll be cap poor again.

Cap poor w/ expiring contracts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

Decent moves. Nothing mind-blowing but decent. Wish I hadn't stayed up. Couple players went down that I was hoping would slide to us, but whatever happens next will work out.  There's still a few others that i'd be more than averagely excited to get.

I think really the key is that the plan seems to be to add talent this year and next that can form the core of this team. Not necessarily top top players but good important pieces to restock what we will undoubtedly lose. Well done to Howie, Joe and the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't disagree. I'm confident they're going to do what works best in both short term and mid-term. I'm not saying i'm disappointed, just saying there wasn't much to be excited about. lol :)

You guys all beat me to the conversations regarding other team's picks. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  thinking WE SHOULD NOW LOOK AT  RB, LB, OL or S in that order for next pick. Whichever is BPA. Still feel we can grab a TE in the later rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ripping these names from various BGN threads, but here's some encouraging news. One of these guys is bound to be available for us when we do pick:

Will Hernandez, Guard,
Derrius Guice, Running Back,
Maurice Hurst, Interior Defensive Lineman
Harold Landry, EDGE
Courtland Sutton, Wide Receiver
Josh Jackson, Cornerback
Connor Williams, Offensive Tackle
James Washington, Wide Receiver
Ronald Jones, Running Back
Mike Gesicki, Tight End
James Daniels
Justin Reid
Jessie Bates
Ronnie Harrison
Sam Hubbard
Donte Jackson
Brian O’Neill
Tyrell Crosby
Nick Chubb
Dallas Goedert

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

Will Hernandez, Guard,
Derrius Guice, Running Back,
Maurice Hurst, Interior Defensive Lineman
Harold Landry, EDGE
Courtland Sutton, Wide Receiver
Josh Jackson, Cornerback
Connor Williams, Offensive Tackle
James Washington, Wide Receiver
Ronald Jones, Running Back
Mike Gesicki, Tight End
James Daniels
Justin Reid
Jessie Bates
Ronnie Harrison
Sam Hubbard
Donte Jackson
Brian O’Neill
Tyrell Crosby
Nick Chubb
Dallas Goedert

You know I was going to highlight the players that I'm especially excited about... And then I realised that would be pretty much all of them so was rather pointless! :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

We do have need for a blocking TE. There's this guy named Celek available

Sounds like he'd be a great fit to replace some guy we won the Super Bowl with blocking at TE.

Honestly, I can't believe he hasn't had teams call. For many reasons, I hope he comes back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You know I was going to highlight the players that I'm especially excited about... And then I realised that would be pretty much all of them so was rather pointless! :roll:

lol   not bad, right? It isn't guaranteed, but one of those guys SHOULD be available!!  And same for me, i'm happy with any of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swoopin' said:

Sounds like he'd be a great fit to replace some guy we won the Super Bowl with blocking at TE.

Honestly, I can't believe he hasn't had teams call. For many reasons, I hope he comes back.

You can see it happening though can't you... I mean he's not got a team yet. He knows that he has a role on this roster and since he was released Howie has created more cap space. 

1 minute ago, Swoopin' said:

lol   not bad, right? It isn't guaranteed, but one of those guys SHOULD be available!!  And same for me, i'm happy with any of them.

And given how the draft has gone so far? Let's just go crazy and say most of them will be!!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why can't they just let me skip to the ridiculously obvious True / False quiz at the end.. 30 mintues of blah blah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You can see it happening though can't you... I mean he's not got a team yet. He knows that he has a role on this roster and since he was released Howie has created more cap space. 

And given how the draft has gone so far? Let's just go crazy and say most of them will be!!! :D

Yeah, for sure I could see us resigning Celek. I don't know what the savings would be between him on a vet deal versus a newly drafted rookie, but i'd rather dedicate the newly drafted rookie towards a different position. To be totally honest, i'm not 100% "in" that we need to pick up a TE at all. Ertz, Brown and Rodgers are enough for the two other TE roles, and we could just put Seu or Big V in for that blocking when needed. I know they can't catch but it doesn't seem that the threat of Celek being thrown to even existed anymore since, well, since we never threw the ball to him anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reviewed the trade chart and Howie got very good value for the 32nd pick. I also love the switching of 4th rounders so we could get into a better position to draft that linebacker they are looking at.  Next year we are going to have to reload on some positions due to contracts so getting an additional 2nd round pick is huge. Good moves HR!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stine said:

Just reviewed the trade chart and Howie got very good value for the 32nd pick. I also love the switching of 4th rounders so we could get into a better position to draft that linebacker they are looking at.  Next year we are going to have to reload on some positions due to contracts so getting an additional 2nd round pick is huge. Good moves HR!

Hi Stine, pick 32 was worth 590 points and pick 132 was worth 40 points for a total of 630 points. The 52nd pick that the Eagles got was worth 380 points and the 125th pick was worth 47 points for a total of 427 points. The extra second round pick they got for next year will be worth at least 270 points even if the Ravens win the Super Bowl. LOL More than likely that pick will be in the middle of the second round which would be worth around 400 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Whitten retiring is sounding true. I'll clarify what I said earlier as he's not a guy to BS. He's supposed to meet w/ JJ today and if JJ believes he needs Whitten for another yr ( as dullass has other needs ), then JJ may sweeten a last yr for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this