Sign in to follow this  
iladelphxx

Jason Witten Announces Retirement

17 minutes ago, Boss Hawg said:

Damn a lot of Cowboys getting football announcing jobs. Aikman, Romo, Witten, Johnston.

This should annoy me but I actually like all those guys. :lol:   Definite Hall of Famer. I wonder how his career would have unfolded had the Eagles drafted him and not LJ Smith. ^_^

Dang this sucks. He didn't really fit the mold of these new age TE's that are athletic and can help stretch the field, but he did things the right away and was hard worker. Leadership will greatly be missed. This sucks. Time to get a TE who is once again an offensive threat.

So now the Cowboys have gone from Romo, Murray, Dez and Witten to Dak and Zeke....

He wasn't what he was, but still, seemed like a good dude, and I'd rather he not be playing for Dallas anymore.

Thought you guys would enjoy this quote from Cowboys reddit:

"If you told me two years ago Romo, Dez, and Witten would be gone and the Eagles would win the Super Bowl I would’ve jumped off a Fing bridge."

11 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

This should annoy me but I actually like all those guys. :lol:   Definite Hall of Famer. I wonder how his career would have unfolded had the Eagles drafted him and not LJ Smith. ^_^

Then he would have had a ring to go with his gold jacket :excited:

20 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Dang this sucks.

At least he did it before the end of the draft, but what sucks for the Cowboys is that he didn't do it before free agency. I'm not sure what TE's were out there other than Trey Burton, but they'd have had a shot at him and any others that might have been available.

LOL this is too funny .  Thsi has to screw with the draft board now . Witten despite age still had good hands and good blocker.  He was just quoted saying he wanted to play until he was 40 .   I bet this messes up the ET trade if there was one . Now other teams know the Cowboys have to address  TE as well . Its kinda like Karma for Pokes releasing dez at end of FA .  THere was a few good TEs in FA this year too.  Cowboys Have Rico  but I dont think they have been happy with him .  IF Witten would of stayed and the Pokes got a decent TE to go along side of him .  I think Dak and Zeke could of been dangerous in some two TE sets

Should have retired 3-5 years ago was basically an extra offensive tackle on the field towards the end. Had to pad those stats for Canton. Zero super bowls. LOSER! SAD!

Wow. Surprised at the timing. 

Say what you will, he was no LJ Smith

2 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

"If you told me two years ago Romo, Dez, and Witten would be gone and the Eagles would win the Super Bowl I would’ve jumped off a Fing bridge."

:towel:Eagle_smiley.jpg

I know he is not what he used to be but still a leader of the team, it's a loss for Dallas... what is odd is the timing.

1 hour ago, paco said:

Wow. Surprised at the timing. 

Say what you will, he was no LJ Smith

Lol, you got that right. :lol:

On 4/27/2018 at 12:50 PM, iladelphxx said:

I would like this 27 times if I could.

Jerrah is a scumbag and he just got served.

I think the Cowboys are destined for last place this year. Their WR and TE situation is pretty bad and Dak needs all the help he can get.  That offense is going to be Zeke or bust.

Everything I've heard (radio, tv) and read (online) would indicate that he's wavering with the decision to retire.  Either way is fine, he's not an elite TE these days.  I'm not sure this drastically impacts Dallas's win/loss totals for the upcoming season.  

On 4/27/2018 at 12:31 PM, Boss Hawg said:

Damn a lot of Cowboys getting football announcing jobs. Aikman, Romo, Witten, Johnston.

I actually like Romo announcing

cant blame Witten ... would you have trust in a guy liek this ? 

Related image