Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Lined Up For Offensive Fireworks

It’s called "13" personnel – one running back and three tight ends – and how much you see it this season in the Eagles' offense remains to be seen. The fact that head coach Doug Pederson can dial it up, and do it with players who are going to create matchup nightmares for defenses, is why he’s so excited ...

View the full article

Goedert was such a nice pickup, can't wait to see what he can do. WR corps battle will be interesting, would like to get down for a practice

Im wondering if he will be good enough to be put on IR at the end of camp.   Our team is stacked.

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Im wondering if he will be good enough to be put on IR at the end of camp.   Our team is stacked.

Hmmm,another SB stunt up Ped's sleeves??? Rugby at the GL on a flare PASS-TD birds!!!!(the opponent will be geared up to stop the run HAHAHA I love this!!)

Dude will never touch the ball ... probably never make the team.   I know its offseason and the mind wanders ... this was a publicity stunt.   Who cares, the team is stacked everywhere else.   The football team, not the rugby team.    Different sport, different skills.   At that point, making the deal ended the draft ten got them on the phone to finish the Sproles deal... and then get a head start on the UDFAs.    To me that was the key part of moving up at the end there.  All while occupying TV time...lol.

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Dude will never touch the ball ... probably never make the team.   I know its offseason and the mind wanders ... this was a publicity stunt.   Who cares, the team is stacked everywhere else.   The football team, not the rugby team.    Different sport, different skills.   At that point, making the deal ended the draft ten got them on the phone to finish the Sproles deal... and then get a head start on the UDFAs.    To me that was the key part of moving up at the end there.  All while occupying TV time...lol.

Never say never.Who thought Big V could fill JP's shoes? Who thought Clement would be a SB star? They didn't draft him for "air time" lol

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

At any rate,in camp he will put the hits on our guys and they will be ready when the season comes HAHA.maybe a PS body for a year or 2,but who knows what other skills he has that are yet to be discovered?

IDK,I would hate to be a defender on kick off's when this freight train gets a head of steam(lets see do we kick to Sproles or rugby-pick your poison lol)

Not really ... I would just after his legs.   They don't do that in rugby.  One shot to the legs and he will understand its a different sport.   Never saw a guy who ran a 40 slower than 5 seconds actually return the ball...lol.    The mind is wandering here... doesn't need to because the actual football players here are really good.   Again... using two 7th round picks, they got TV time...and then were able to go sign Sproles before having to go work on the UDFAs... I like it.    If this guy can make the PS in 2019, then I will be pleasantly surprised... but its all a bonus, I liked that getting him will help us end 2 drafts earlier  and start sginging UDFAs.    

The thing with Mailata is hes still young. 20 years so he is still a sponge and hasnt settled in any habits. Easy to mold. Hes athletically above average and thats without much preparation with football movements. So the 40 doesnt mean much either.

Another thing the kid played League. Rugby League. Not Rugby Union. When i see peeps say he played Rugby im like nah its a different code you talking about. Even saw a writer say he plays Ruggers which is the slang for Rugby. Rugby = Rugby Union. League or Leaguies = Rugby League. Mailata was a League player.

I think he gets red shirted this year. You dont use a pick to move up for him or even waste a interview on the kid pre draft.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I don't know Joe! The kid is here because Stoutland wanted and endorsed the pick. I have to wonder whose decision it was between Chip Kelly or Stoutland to cut Alejandro Villanueva in 2014? Of course we all know how that turned out. He is now the left tackle for the Steelers. Villanueva was never drafted even though he did play mulitple positions in college. This kid from Australia was drafted and no one likes to waste draft picks. This guy reminds me of Villanueva mainly because of how big he is and most importantly because he has only 10 percent body fat just like Villanueva. Not many 350 pounds guys get down to 10 percent body fat.

I would really like to see him pound the rock. Stoutland helped him in his training and found him very coachable.

26 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I don't know Joe! The kid is here because Stoutland wanted and endorsed the pick. I have to wonder whose decision it was between Chip Kelly or Stoutland to cut Alejandro Villanueva in 2014? Of course we all know how that turned out. He is now the left tackle for the Steelers. Villanueva was never drafted even though he did play mulitple positions in college. This kid from Australia was drafted and no one likes to waste draft picks. This guy reminds me of Villanueva mainly because of how big he is and most importantly because he has only 10 percent body fat just like Villanueva. Not many 350 pounds guys get down to 10 percent body fat.

Yeah i dont believe the 10% body fat at that weight and the position he was playing. 

The rugby kid has a tough climb....Eagles clearly liked something in him so we drafted him.....Stout is a great coach and should help him a lot....odds are we aim to stash him on PS will have to truly impress to crack the 53 

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

PS10. 

Book it.

Wonder if Josh Adam's comes down with the mystery injury this year placed on IR.....Pump got it last year and he seems really hungry in year two.....Smalls seems to just be odd man out has to stay healthy and have a great off season to have a chance......I could see him as a late TC trade for a guy likely not going to make his team either

Either pump or Smalls goes away.If Adams plays like I think he can(see Clement),then he may be the last roster RB and maybe they (Pump and Smalls) both get traded away

16 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Wonder if Josh Adam's comes down with the mystery injury this year placed on IR.....Pump got it last year and he seems really hungry in year two.....Smalls seems to just be odd man out has to stay healthy and have a great off season to have a chance......I could see him as a late TC trade for a guy likely not going to make his team either

We have no clue if he's hungry,camp hasn't even started yet.SAYING your hungry and proving it are 2 different things

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

The rugby kid has a tough climb....Eagles clearly liked something in him so we drafted him.....Stout is a great coach and should help him a lot....odds are we aim to stash him on PS will have to truly impress to crack the 53 

Hes not Rugby! lol Hes a League kid. Man its like calling a Japanese a Chinese

If Eagles feel high on him i think they red shirt him this year and IA next year on 53. PS good chance he be signed off there by another team. Especially a team who had him targeted before Eagles traded up.

49 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We have no clue if he's hungry,camp hasn't even started yet.SAYING your hungry and proving it are 2 different things

I said he seems hungry from the things I read....giving him benefit of the doubt now everyone knows he has to prove it just like the rest of the guys smalls and Adam's 

52 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I hope Adams is hungry coz his lower body look like twigs lol Still plenty of time to beef up though. So im not too worried.

Pump last year looks like he had dead leg from being used to much in college. 

Clement deserves to be no.2 on the depth chart after Ajayi. The rest can fight for spots including Sproles.

MMQB: Why, Howie?

Roseman: "He a fascinating prospect. He’s 6'8", 345 pounds, he can run, he can bend. Our line coach, Jeff Stoutland, went to his workout and came back raving about his work ethic and his athletic ability. We saw this guy had rare athleticism and was physical and violent. Traits of that body type and that athleticism are hard to find. We understand it’ll be a process. He’s 21.”

MMQB: Strange to draft a guy who never played football?

Roseman: "Maybe even stranger to trade two picks for him. I thought [owner] Jeffrey Lurie said something interesting about him: ‘With a lot of these guys, you can see what they’re going to be. With this guy, we don’t know his floor, and we don’t know his ceiling.’ With this guy, we’re molding a piece of clay.”

MMQB: Why use two picks on him, though? Why not try to get him as a free agent?

Roseman: "Then the question is, after the draft, does he pick us? We had no idea. We’d be kicking ourselves if we lost out on him because of a seven. He’s with us now, and if he fails, we can sleep at night. We had 11 picks for next year, so we felt it was something we could afford to do.”

https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnfl%2F2018%2F04%2F30%2Fbaker-mayfield-cleveland-browns-draft-mmqb-peter-king%3A23TDTNrUd3G-CVUHdocnozVKZNo&cuid=1018988