Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Lined Up For Offensive Fireworks

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Watch the video and tell me Maliata's not a RB or TE;

GL packages could be good. Gotta remember in League they have build up speed. Especially his position he was playing. Dont take much from the competition though. Thats U20s and in Australia.

15 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Not really ... I would just after his legs.   They don't do that in rugby.  One shot to the legs and he will understand its a different sport.   Never saw a guy who ran a 40 slower than 5 seconds actually return the ball...lol.    The mind is wandering here... doesn't need to because the actual football players here are really good.   Again... using two 7th round picks, they got TV time...and then were able to go sign Sproles before having to go work on the UDFAs... I like it.    If this guy can make the PS in 2019, then I will be pleasantly surprised... but its all a bonus, I liked that getting him will help us end 2 drafts earlier  and start sginging UDFAs.    

Hey Joe! This dude is not going to run the ball. Well maybe at the goal line, but that is not why he was drafted. The dude is a physical specimen and is really receptive to coaching per Stoutland. Can he make it at Tackle? Probably not, but this was not a publicity stunt. He has real potential and they felt was worth an extra pick. As far as UDFA's, I doubt they waited for his pick to start making phone calls. I imagine they started after the 6th round. Good thing is that we are the champs and more appealing than other years. We signed some good players from what I can tell. If placed on the PS, I doubt other teams pick him up. If he is not good enough to play this year, why would any team use up a roster spot for him? I personally like the pick. Even if he does not make the team, it is showing "Outside the Box" thinking...

10 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

lol MJK, yes, this is some good tape, but against Rugby players, not in a football game. His speed was clocked at 5.1. Tell me that is gonna translate into a running back. As the freak said, maybe at the goal line....  But I still love this guy. Not sure where he fits in, but he seems hungry enough to give it a real honest effort. We will know better when PS starts...

Could possibly cut some weight off him without sacrificing strenght,work on more speed training and see what happens-MLB???? He would be a run stuffer.Will be interesting in camp to see what they try him out as.I hope someone can keep reporting on him and what they are trying with him

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Could possibly cut some weight off him without sacrificing strength,work on more speed training and see what happens-MLB???? He would be a run stuffer.Will be interesting in camp to see what they try him out as.I hope someone can keep reporting on him and what they are trying with him

12 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Maybe a FB,I see sheer strength but not the speed needed to get open as a TE.Besides,in this vid he's playing vs guys 1/2 his size,not to hard to look dominant.They must have had other info other than this vid

13 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

MMQB: Why, Howie?

Roseman: "He a fascinating prospect. He’s 6'8", 345 pounds, he can run, he can bend. Our line coach, Jeff Stoutland, went to his workout and came back raving about his work ethic and his athletic ability. We saw this guy had rare athleticism and was physical and violent. Traits of that body type and that athleticism are hard to find. We understand it’ll be a process. He’s 21.”

MMQB: Strange to draft a guy who never played football?

Roseman: "Maybe even stranger to trade two picks for him. I thought [owner] Jeffrey Lurie said something interesting about him: ‘With a lot of these guys, you can see what they’re going to be. With this guy, we don’t know his floor, and we don’t know his ceiling.’ With this guy, we’re molding a piece of clay.”

MMQB: Why use two picks on him, though? Why not try to get him as a free agent?

Roseman: "Then the question is, after the draft, does he pick us? We had no idea. We’d be kicking ourselves if we lost out on him because of a seven. He’s with us now, and if he fails, we can sleep at night. We had 11 picks for next year, so we felt it was something we could afford to do.”

https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnfl%2F2018%2F04%2F30%2Fbaker-mayfield-cleveland-browns-draft-mmqb-peter-king%3A23TDTNrUd3G-CVUHdocnozVKZNo&cuid=1018988

Good reasoning.A 7th is no biggie when we have many picks next year.Love this FO's thought process and ACTING on those thoughts,using logic and business expertise to outclass everyone else

17 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Not really ... I would just after his legs.   They don't do that in rugby.  One shot to the legs and he will understand its a different sport.   Never saw a guy who ran a 40 slower than 5 seconds actually return the ball...lol.    The mind is wandering here... doesn't need to because the actual football players here are really good.   Again... using two 7th round picks, they got TV time...and then were able to go sign Sproles before having to go work on the UDFAs... I like it.    If this guy can make the PS in 2019, then I will be pleasantly surprised... but its all a bonus, I liked that getting him will help us end 2 drafts earlier  and start sginging UDFAs.    

Well steamrollers aren't fast either,but try to stop a runaway one HAHA

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well steamrollers aren't fast either,but try to stop a runaway one HAHA

BTW they did NOT give up 2 7ths,they only gave up the ONE next year,they simply moved up this years 7th,they didn't give that away

44 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW they did NOT give up 2 7ths,they only gave up the ONE next year,they simply moved up this years 7th,they didn't give that away

GBFL... read my post again ... "using two 7th round picks"    USING ... that's this years and next year's.   

See how it's working already???  When was the last time a 7th round pick got this much conversation???   It's an attempt to be the smartest person in the room.  And the fact that this "league or rugby"  ... (or Asian instead of Japanese or Chinese, whatever makes Freak feel better)  ... I could care less about his "whatever sport tape" its against little dudes who can't tackle him by diving at his legs.  The tape has nothing to do with playing OL.  For that I would simply trust Stoutland.  Absolutely practice squad this year because nobody is going to put him on their 53.  

This is Joe Banner, Chip Kelly, Andy Reid  type influence on Howie ... not Joe Douglas.  Ultimately even though I think nothing will come of it, who cares, take the chance because its a 2 to 3 year project at a position where you already have guys there to play.  So he has time to catch up and pass a prospect that is ahead of him now.  

16 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Hes not Rugby! lol Hes a League kid. Man its like calling a Japanese a Chinese

Lol sorry Genetic just go back what the media has been saying which is he played Rugby hence me calling him the rugby kid....I not look that much into him lol 

NFL top 100??  Jenkins 96 and Lane 95?  LOL.... there you go, no need to watch the rest of the list.  But keep our guys underrated, and hopefully Dak gets a high spot... pay the man Jerry!!!!   LOL

Mike Wallace is flying under the radar. Clearly an upgrade over Torrey. I believe he will be more productive statistically than Torrey was. But it’s how he will open everything up for the others that is tough to tangibly measure.

On 5/8/2018 at 5:00 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

Mike Wallace is flying under the radar. Clearly an upgrade over Torrey. I believe he will be more productive statistically than Torrey was. But it’s how he will open everything up for the others that is tough to tangibly measure.

Gonna be a tough call at WR now with Wheaton in the mix.I hope it doesn't cost Hollins a roster spot

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Gonna be a tough call at WR now with Wheaton in the mix.I hope it doesn't cost Hollins a roster spot

Come on now.... lol.   Hollins is locked in at #4 Wr/ST ace at worst.   Wheaton will fight with the other guys to make the roster.

15 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Come on now.... lol.   Hollins is locked in at #4 Wr/ST ace at worst.   Wheaton will fight with the other guys to make the roster.

Wouldn't that depend on Wheatons impact? We play who gives us the best chance to win.Hollins still on rook contract,so if we didn't want the competition,why would we even sign Weaton?