Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] At CB: Talent, Depth, And Great Competition

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

As for Foles.... who do you think would trade for him at this point?    Barring serious injury to their starting QB?    I don't see it.   I think the trade boat has sailed .... unless an inury, then I would ask for a 1st rounder.  

Oh no no I think it would need to be a Bradford situation for sure. A team would need to lose their starter and then in comes Howie to fleece them.

Teams in need of a QB ... not having a young guy or a vet in place for now.    NFC EAST.. .nope... NFC South ... nope ...  NFC North ... nope.   NFC West ... nope.    

AFC Teams .... East ... maybe Miami?    South .. Nope ..... North ... Cincy?      AFC West ... Nope. 

So ... barring injury .... Wentz is healthy and ready to go ... does Miami or Cincy offer us a 2nd round pick for Foles?   With Tannehill and Dalton already in place?   IDK, I would lean towards no.  But I believe the right injury to a starting QB and we can get a 1st rounder.  Otherwise, Foles will be here in 2018.  Nothing to do with Wentz or contract.  Just the situation around the league.  All changed after FA and the draft.

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So ... barring injury .... Wentz is healthy and ready to go ... does Miami or Cincy offer us a 2nd round pick for Foles?   With Tannehill and Dalton already in place?   IDK, I would lean towards no.  But I believe the right injury to a starting QB and we can get a 1st rounder.  Otherwise, Foles will be here in 2018.  Nothing to do with Wentz or contract.  Just the situation around the league.  All changed after FA and the draft.

Cinncy for some inexplicable reason seem to be tied to Dalton so it isn't going to be them. I guess Miami could but it's very unlikely. So yeah it needs to be that someone goes down with an injury but that happens... 

I think we could put Foles on the market now for a 2019 3rd round pick, and probably not have any takers?   Maybe New England?  But an injury and watch that 1st round offer come in.   BTW, I don't think Howie fleeced Minn.  They were a good team, looking to go really far.   Bradford played well for them to start, their OL and Pederson injury killed them.  Last year you saw just with decent QB play they were really good.   So I think at the time, Minn needed to make a move.  I can't blame them.  Neither will I blame a team if it happens this year... well, depends on which team, it needs to be a team that thinks they can contend. 

3 hours ago, stine said:

I wonder who Howie can pick up for LB Depth... Anyone have a clue?

Think we are likely set at LB for now....Got Worrilow he has been a solid player in this league for little while now has starting exp. to be a backup, Nelson who will compete for a starting role but will likely be a backup...Then we still have Nate Gerry who I could see making huge strides in year 2 have a full off-season as a LB will be huge for him....Gruger-Hill is still around also who we love on STs 

51 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think we could put Foles on the market now for a 2019 3rd round pick, and probably not have any takers?   Maybe New England?  But an injury and watch that 1st round offer come in

This is my thought process exactly.....We are not looking to trade Foles but we set him up that he can still be easily traded.....Only takes one injury(ie Teddy Bridgewater) and teams will coming knocking offering way more then the players worth......

The only way I see us trade foles is a playoff caliber team loses there QB and they come asking for Foles.....Jags could be a really nice fit if Bortles were to go down in camp.....No I don't wish injury on any player but it is the nature of the game some team will likely lose there QB early......Colts could be another interesting spot with Luck and his shoulder 

3 hours ago, stine said:

We certainly have enough ammo with the 10 picks for 2019.

Thought we were set to have 11 picks in 2019 already from what I have read....9 picks confirmed extra 2nd and 7th plus our original 7 picks.....Plus it looks like we should be in line for at least 2 comp. picks....I would expect this number to grow 

15 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Thought we were set to have 11 picks in 2019 already from what I have read....9 picks confirmed extra 2nd and 7th plus our original 7 picks.....Plus it looks like we should be in line for at least 2 comp. picks....I would expect this number to grow 

We did have 11 but traded away one of our 7th rounders for the Rugby star...

I see where Reid is suing the NFL for Collusion. All I can say is "Good Luck". He has every right as a person to protest during the Anthem. But what he does not understand, is this is a business. As a business owner, they can hire or fire whomever they choose, regardless of union. Now if he was under contract and was treated differently for this, he would have a case.

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Eagles signed Marcus Wheaton.....

Should provide good competition not sure I see him making the team though 

I wanted this kid Wheaton last year when I thought that Agholor was going to be a bust. Now maybe he becomes Agholor's backup. LOL  

4 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I wanted this kid Wheaton last year when I thought that Agholor was going to be a bust. Now maybe he becomes Agholor's backup. LOL  

I like having the proven guy come in to push the bottom tier roster guys Gibson/Ward other WRs we signed to compete.....If they can't beat out Wheaton or play close to his level then do they really deserve a roster spot???? I still see it highly unlikely he makes the 53 unless he has a great camp and is willing to play STs 

I pretty much see it as the top 4 WRs are locked in already...Alshon/AG/Wallace/Hollins are going to make the team 

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

I like having the proven guy come in to push the bottom tier roster guys Gibson/Ward other WRs we signed to compete.....If they can't beat out Wheaton or play close to his level then do they really deserve a roster spot???? I still see it highly unlikely he makes the 53 unless he has a great camp and is willing to play STs 

I pretty much see it as the top 4 WRs are locked in already...Alshon/AG/Wallace/Hollins are going to make the team 

I think Wallace is also a punt or kick off returner so maybe competition for Sproles and Pumphrey as well.

I know some do not like these type of signings they question why we bring in older guys....But I love them....Get a cheap proven player in this league to compete.....If our young WRs can't beat out a guy like Wheaton for a roster spot do they really deserve a spot then I don't think so....I see it similar to Richard Rodgers at TE if Billy Brown or another TE can't beat him for a job then I don't think they deserve the roster spot....Don't hand these youngster a job make them EARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Callahan Sucks. I also do not want Wheaton. He is a "Me" player, and is sporadic. Drops allot of balls, thus why he was let go. I see nothing but distractions with this dude.

Callahan was 3rd string for GB, so I saw him play. He is terrible and does not stand a chance to make the team. Sudfeld is heads and shoulders above this dude and we already have Foles as #2... Just a camp arm....

1 hour ago, stine said:

Just a camp arm....

Both are camp bodies ... I don't even consider these moves.  Similar to when we signed a Villanvova RB to be our 9th RB on the 90 man roster a few years back ...and GBFL said we found the Sproles replacement ...LOL.    Wheaton may push the young guys ... for WR 5 or 6.... they get to tackle and block on special teams.

2 hours ago, stine said:

Callahan Sucks. I also do not want Wheaton. He is a "Me" player, and is sporadic. Drops allot of balls, thus why he was let go. I see nothing but distractions with this dude.

Callahan was 3rd string for GB, so I saw him play. He is terrible and does not stand a chance to make the team. Sudfeld is heads and shoulders above this dude and we already have Foles as #2... Just a camp arm....

Your over thinking the moves lol.....Wheaton's likely doesnt make the team and of he sucks youngsters should have no issues beating him for a job......As for Callahan just need a guy to throw the ball while Wentz is out....Our QB room is set Unless a guy gets traded and then we likely keep someone younger to develop and they might end up on PS not even a 3rd QB on roster 

"ESPN reports that Jernigan and the Eagles have agreed on a revised contract. Jernigan will still be guaranteed $3 million for the 2018 season, but will no longer have $11 million in guaranteed money coming his way in 2019. The final three years of the deal — the $12 million a year Jernigan was set to earn in 2019 and 2020 was never guaranteed — will now be option years."

Seems like the Eagles have an easy out for Jerrigan now....I would not be shocked to see him gone in 2019 now.....Even more likely if some else steps up to fill to the void at DT......

Oh yeah... he didn;t have any leverage, he could have just been cut.   This way, he keeps his $3mil.... with the opportunity to try to show he is worth the bigger money later.  Good gesture, smart business by the Eagles.    Keep dangling that carrot, you know these players just want the opportunity to show they are worth the money.  I would love to see hm come in halfway through the year and play like he did early last season.   Otherwise, they cut him to save $5 mil in 2019 and a boatload more going forward.