Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Cleaning Out The Draft Weekend Notebook

Also it is only 1 year away on Foles decision end of this 18 season.....He doesnt seem to have any desire to retire either even starting in an interview that he wants to be starter again though he knows that isnt likely in philly and respects his role.....Foles is a class act and truly wish him the best and hope he does get a 2nd shot at being the starter 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We don't know that.perhaps he will rete anyway,but I rule nothing out 2 years into the future.What if Wentz gets hurt again? 

Also feel like you only read pieces of my post or you would have read the "unless something serious happens with Wentz" part.....

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We do know what Foles contact option is it is 20m to retain him in 2019....we dont keep him at that to be a backup 

What if Wentz, god forbid, gets seriously hurt? At that point Foles could be a starter HERE,so once again I say we DONT KNOW what will happen in 2019 

Also feel like you only read pieces of my post or you would have read the "unless something serious happens with Wentz" part.....

OK I'll buy that then

Also it is only 1 year away on Foles decision end of this 18 season.....He doesnt seem to have any desire to retire either even starting in an interview that he wants to be starter again though he knows that isnt likely in philly and respects his role.....Foles is a class act and truly wish him the best and hope he does get a 2nd shot at being the starter 

Last I heard(awhile ago) he wanted to join the ministry? IDK

I think we may have a blessing in disguise with the Jernigan situation.  

1.  We give the young guys more snaps and reps over the spring and summer... one of them should get some snaps early in the season.    

2.  WE have Jernigan basically on a 1 year deal now.  He ain't getting $11 mil for average or slightly above average play... time to step up Timmy.   Add to the fact Graham could be in the same situation, its nice to have hungry players, I especially like that on my DL.

3.  We could give Graham the big contract or use some of Jernigan;s money to help offset, any extra we pay Graham.  Lets be honest, the Eagles paid Jernigan that nice deal trying to jump on it early.  When combined with Cox its actually not that bad when you consider the ages of the DTs and combine the cap hits ... as compared to some of the other big DT contracts.  But we would have 2 guys instead of 1.  Well, if he does just Ok, nobody is going to pay him the big money, now we have leverage to redo the deal and make him earn it again (this is after this season if he doesn't perform at a top notch level.)  

I just like not being tied down by the money and cap space issue if possible.  I understand give it to the young guys, DL is a priority position.  But nice to be able to have choices down the road.  Also nice gesture by not cutting him.   And I love that he needs to play hungry.  

It's nice to not have any player complaints... at least legit ones.   Everyone nervous about Graham, relax a little.  He may not be back, but interviews and logic tells us he is ok to play the last year of his deal and try to prove he deserves to be paid elite money.   The Eagles seem to be ok with that too.  Living locally and hearing the reporters talk about it, that's the vibe.  

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Last I heard(awhile ago) he wanted to join the ministry? IDK

Down the road ...after football.   The idea that he wants to do it ASAP has taken on a new life on this particular site for some reason???     Dude is a young guy.   Thought of retiring after things looked bad for him.  New life now.   He just said he would love the opportunity to lead a team, but knows its not going to be here.    This was just like a week or so ago.  

I understand a lot of people put their own wishes and thoughts into things and can spin things their way after hearing a half of a sentence one time.   It would be great if every player just holds the Eagles in such high regard and woud take 4th string roles and little pay to play here... that's not real life.  

38 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Down the road ...after football.   The idea that he wants to do it ASAP has taken on a new life on this particular site for some reason???     Dude is a young guy.   Thought of retiring after things looked bad for him.  New life now.   He just said he would love the opportunity to lead a team, but knows its not going to be here.    This was just like a week or so ago.  

I understand a lot of people put their own wishes and thoughts into things and can spin things their way after hearing a half of a sentence one time.   It would be great if every player just holds the Eagles in such high regard and woud take 4th string roles and little pay to play here... that's not real life.  

Thanks for the update,I don;t know who said that,but I remember it being posted sometime

Eli Manning: You have to get used to playing in Philadelphia - 247 Sports
Eli Manning wasn’t exactly prepared for his first road game against the Philadelphia Eagles and what the fans might say to him. Over time, the New York Giants franchise quarterback got used to the Eagles fan "treatment” and learned to tune it out. Having said that, to this day, he considers his annual road game against the Eagles as one of his most highly-anticipated matchups of the regular season. ”Philly, you just gotta get used to,” Manning said in an exclusive interview with Steiner Sports when asked about what teams he most looks forward to playing against. "It takes a little while to get used to in Philly because you’re not used to seeing a 9-year-old cursing at you and talking about my mom and stuff. Once you get used to it, it’s fine. It just takes a year or two. Now, he’s 24 (years old) and training his four-year-old to curse at me.”

This cracks me up!  Since Manning has been the Giants starting QB starting 2004 his record in Philly is 5-9 in regular season games but his record is also 5-9 against the Eagles in the meadowlands during that same time frame. Must be the 9 year old Giants fans doing the cursing at him there. LMAO