SBorBust

Ben Doesn't Know Why Steelers Went QB

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/04/ben-roethlisberger-isnt-a-fan-of-using-a-third-round-pick-on-a-quarterback/

Does a more annoying human being exist on planet earth? The guy who openly talked retirement three years ago now openly complains about using a value pick on QB.

Oh, yeah. He also made it clear that he doesn't want to help the kid.

Its easy to see why the Steelers have underachieved recently. Their best players are punks.

Ben has an awful lot of sand in his Axe Wound, for someone who said he ”didn’t have it anymore” during last season, and has threatened to retire multiple times ala Brett Favre.

Interesting . . . there may not be an ' i ' in team but there is in the word  TIME  as in: time to go.

Dude's been around for 14 seasons . . . surely he must know he's on the back end of his career.

I wonder how well this dynamic would play on our Eagles?? Answer: it wouldn't.

But then, I don't think this would ever happen on our team . . . at least, I hope not.

There's also an  ' i '  in  'p r i c k' . . .

"I was surprised when they took a quarterback because I thought that, maybe in the third round, you know you can get some really good football players that can help this team now,” Roethlisberger said. "And nothing against Mason. I think he’s a great football player. I don’t know him personally, but I’m sure he’s a great kid. I just don’t know how backing up or being the third guy, well, who knows where he’s going to fall on the depth chart, helps us win now.

"But, you know, that’s not my decision to make. That’s on the coaches and the G.M. and the owner and those kind of things. So if they feel like he can help our team so be it. But I was a little surprised.”

He really didn't pay much attention to the Super Bowl Champions this year, did he?

4 hours ago, CountBlah said:

Ben has an awful lot of sand in his Axe Wound, for someone who said he "didn’t have it anymore” during last season, and has threatened to retire multiple times ala Brett Favre.

Exactly, they kept giving into Brett farve and his not knowing what he is doing every year. So they finally get sick of it and draft someone and Farve those a temper tantrum over it and wouldn't even talk to anyone in Green Bay for the longest time. 

The team was there before them and they will be there after them. Some of these guys need to get over themselves

He's been somewhat cancerous in the last several years. He's called out coaches, Antonio Brown and now this in the media.  He has no regard for the fact that the organization was loyal to him during the rape accusation. It sounds like he isn't going to try to help Rudolph. So, that could be a toxic QB room.   I'm surprised that the Steelers haven't been more aggressive in terms of trying to move on from him sooner.  

42 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

He's been somewhat cancerous in the last several years. He's called out coaches, Antonio Brown and now this in the media.  He has no regard for the fact that the organization was loyal to him during the rape accusation. It sounds like he isn't going to try to help Rudolph. So, that could be a toxic QB room.   I'm surprised that the Steelers haven't been more aggressive in terms of trying to move on from him sooner.  

That's cause ben wanted to ditch the formula that made that franchise successful for decades . Defense and running the ball was what worked and what got him his 2 Superbowls. Now he thinks he is an elite passer that can sling it 40 times a game. Which he is pretty darn good but, not that good

I swear Big Ben is just non stop drama, his retirement talk, how he reacted after the first Jax game, throwing coaches and teammates under the bus. I mean damn dude, this is the NFL not the NBA. Enough with the drama.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:02 AM, CountBlah said:

Ben has an awful lot of sand in his Axe Wound, for someone who said he ”didn’t have it anymore” during last season, and has threatened to retire multiple times ala Brett Favre.

Seems as though every time Ben plays the Eagles, he later talks about retirement lol. This year the Eagles play the Steelers in the preseason, but I doubt he'll get roughed up enough to make an outcry.

On 5/5/2018 at 6:56 AM, SBorBust said:

Does a more annoying human being exist on planet earth?

No. He's the worst of the worst. He's the type of guy that can go joy-riding a motorcycle without a helmet, get into an accident, and walk away. When that happens to a good guy, he's seriously injured or dead... Ben will play 10 more years just to annoy us. 

Wasn't it said that he was contemplating retirement, not that long ago? Any good, smart football front office would be looking to the future and if they see a piece that can potentially become their future, draft him. It's stupid of him to even not understand that.

It's about lighting a fire under him. he can either respond to the challenge, quit football, or be replaced. What he can't do is what he's been doing.

11 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

It's about lighting a fire under him. he can either respond to the challenge, quit football, or be replaced. What he can't do is what he's been doing.

Big Ben has never been the same since he took a header on his motorcycle early in his pro career.  He's been very good, but before that motorcycle accident, he was on the verge of greatness. Ben lost his edge. 

I can see what Ben is saying in that a QB doesn't help them win now. But at the same time this is a guy who was going to retire so the organisation have to look to the future. He's saying he's taking it year by year so they can't rely on him to stay around for years to come. 

And really if that's his feelings then he should keep them to himself. It doesn't do him or his team any good. 

If the steelers want, I'll go over to his house with hand puppets and explain it to him

45 minutes ago, paco said:

If the steelers want, I'll go over to his house with hand puppets and explain it to him

Now I cant get this out of my head ....

Related image

49 minutes ago, paco said:

Now that I want to see... 

Roethlisberger's toe nail clippers are more of a man than punks like Bill Reiter (don't really care how he spells his last name)

That moron was all upset because he took Tommy Maddox's job and now he is not laying down to have his job taken.

There are 11 QBs in NFL history that have won multiple Super Bowls and Bad-Take Bill thinks he can compare one of them to Tommy Maddox or Mason Rudolf?

On 5/9/2018 at 12:39 AM, Iggles said:

Big Ben has never been the same since he took a header on his motorcycle early in his pro career.  He's been very good, but before that motorcycle accident, he was on the verge of greatness. Ben lost his edge. 

Since the windshield year Ben is 106-52 with a 95.2 rating.

He has won a Super Bowl and barely lost another because his RB fumbled.

I'd hate to see what he would have done with his edge.

On 5/10/2018 at 8:26 AM, paco said:

While you’re at it, stop by Bobby’s house. There’s a few things he still needs explained, and hand puppets are the one thing not yet tried. 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Wasn't it said that he was contemplating retirement, not that long ago? Any good, smart football front office would be looking to the future and if they see a piece that can potentially become their future, draft him. It's stupid of him to even not understand that.

I'm sure he understands the move.

It's stupid of him to openly question the move, given his recent history.