Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Wentz-Foles Relationship Sets Tone For Eagles

Everyone is watching Carson Wentz as his recovery from knee surgery moves along and we creep closer to September. The questions remain the same: Are you still hopeful to play Week 1 against Atlanta? Will you change the way you play the game? What is your relationship like with Nick Foles? ...

View the full article

It's not just the Wentz-Foles relationship, it's the attitude of the entire team. I was pretty fascinated when 2 guys I thought would be a bit prima-donna-ish - Blount and Jefferey - rooted their fellow players on while they were on the sidelines. To top it off, Jefferey extended to a reasonable contract. Joe Douglas and his team how important team culture is.

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

It's not just the Wentz-Foles relationship, it's the attitude of the entire team. I was pretty fascinated when 2 guys I thought would be a bit prima-donna-ish - Blount and Jefferey - rooted their fellow players on while they were on the sidelines. To top it off, Jefferey extended to a reasonable contract. Joe Douglas and his team how important team culture is.

Well lets face it Jefferey was a workhorse in Chicago.I'm sure he enjoys playing with not only a winner,but not having to carry the whole team by himself.And he's also never had the caliber of QB'ing we have here now 

Love this entire staff and team.NO BS,NO agenda's,NO trying to spite other players to get ahead.It's so refreshing to see a TEAM that works as a team for the common goals we all want and have achieved.Unselfish "I'll do whatever they want me to do,whenever they want me to do it".NO hosilities,open love for other players,the city and the fans alike.I can't say enough about what a job Pederson and the FO have done.Little things, like Howies learning to be a "football" guy,not just a stuffed shirt in an office doling out checks,Ped listening to his players DURING the game and making their recommended adjustments and play calls(Philly special was a thing of beauty),to the hard working players who all want to be a part of this organization and understand the best man gets the job,but be ready to fill if if need be.IMO this is the BEST Eagles team I have ever seen and I am proud.I swore I wouldn't die until we won a SB,so when that time comes,I can pass with a smile.Great job top to bottom.Love this team,it's AWESOME  

I mentioned Douglas because during the draft pressers Howie said that a prospects' attitude and how they handled themselves off the field were something Douglas graded so highly -  it shows! Hey, if guys can't stay clean off the field or get along in the locker room, how are they going to work together?

If Merril and Ike ever retire, may they be replaced by Akers and Kelce

9 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I mentioned Douglas because during the draft pressers Howie said that a prospects' attitude and how they handled themselves off the field were something Douglas graded so highly -  it shows! Hey, if guys can't stay clean off the field or get along in the locker room, how are they going to work together?

If Merril and Ike ever retire, may they be replaced by Akers and Kelce

If so they'd better have the bleeper at the ready.

Dunno what we're signing guys with - cheesesteaks? Last I heard we only had 1.9 mill. The only reason I read about the Callahan signing was to see who we cut - nobody.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/5/7/17328712/joe-callahan-eagles-two-year-contract-details-green-bay-packers-philadelphia-wesley-college-delaware

4 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Dunno what we're signing guys with - cheesesteaks? Last I heard we only had 1.9 mill. The only reason I read about the Callahan signing was to see who we cut - nobody.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/5/7/17328712/joe-callahan-eagles-two-year-contract-details-green-bay-packers-philadelphia-wesley-college-delaware

mjk...remember... not ever signing counts against the cap.   I read something yesterday, only 3 picks counted against the cap.  I believe the 51st spot of the top 51 contracts makes like $619k.  so anyone signed below that won;t count.   Goedert counted like $400k vs the cap, adn the 4th round picks like a combined $50k .... peanuts.  

image.png.de9630d566b0e7d4abdbb578aab33eff.png

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

image.png.de9630d566b0e7d4abdbb578aab33eff.png

Like this alot!!!(concept)

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

mjk...remember... not ever signing counts against the cap.   I read something yesterday, only 3 picks counted against the cap.  I believe the 51st spot of the top 51 contracts makes like $619k.  so anyone signed below that won;t count.   Goedert counted like $400k vs the cap, adn the 4th round picks like a combined $50k .... peanuts.  

Yeah I doubt we paid this guy much at all