DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

In any case(back to the topic) I like Rypien.Maybe others don't,but in time this kid will do some damage somewhere.And he has a pretty nice uncle as a mentor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WAY early WR draft prospects- the 2 I am looking at are Jeudy(bama) and Higgins(Clemson).Jeudy is a BEAST,but will probably go before we pick,so that leaves me with Higgins,who could be a round 2,3 depending

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GBFL, no video, seen him live many, many times.  Maybe he turns out to be something. I see him as a career backup at best. Arm strength to throw the deep out vs NFL corners...not there.  Trust me.  Maybe he can develop into an NFL QB. I just didn't see it from his time at Boise State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK Brady/Manning/Brees never do/did damage with their legs? Wentz/Rodgers/Mahomes same IMO although I COULD equate Mahomes style as closer to Wilsons

Rodgers has nearly 3k rushing in his career avg. over 5 yards a carry how did he not do damage with his legs????

Wentz 2017 healthy ran for 299 yards in 13 games avg. 4.7 yards a carry???? Has 600 yards in 4 years

 

 Brady in his 20 year career has 1000 yards rushing 1.7 avg.

Brees 758 yards rushing like 1.6 avg.

Mahomes if you consider him in the realm of Wilson had 272 yards last season in 16 games. Wentz did more damage with his legs in 3 less games in 2017 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Rodgers has nearly 3k rushing in his career avg. over 5 yards a carry how did he not do damage with his legs????

Wentz 2017 healthy ran for 299 yards in 13 games avg. 4.7 yards a carry???? Has 600 yards in 4 years

 

 Brady in his 20 year career has 1000 yards rushing 1.7 avg.

Brees 758 yards rushing like 1.6 avg.

Mahomes if you consider him in the realm of Wilson had 272 yards last season in 16 games. Wentz did more damage with his legs in 3 less games in 2017 

OK so Rodgers is not a pocket passer,got it.So out of 3,000 yards LMK how many of those were designed runs.Like I said anyone will run with a 350 pound lineman chasing you,so in the event  your oline stinks you are automatically no longer a pocket passer.ok I got it now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

GBFL, no video, seen him live many, many times.  Maybe he turns out to be something. I see him as a career backup at best. Arm strength to throw the deep out vs NFL corners...not there.  Trust me.  Maybe he can develop into an NFL QB. I just didn't see it from his time at Boise State.

Well you saw him all I have are vids and scouting reports,so I go with what I can find

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

GBFL, no video, seen him live many, many times.  Maybe he turns out to be something. I see him as a career backup at best. Arm strength to throw the deep out vs NFL corners...not there.  Trust me.  Maybe he can develop into an NFL QB. I just didn't see it from his time at Boise State.

Apparently his worst asset,drawback is his small hands,so yeah thats an issue going forward,but not real sure when you say he doesnt have the arm strength because vids and scouting reports say otherwise.So whatever,he's not here so it's all moot anyway.But as a 3 I would take a shot.JMO  which obviously is not your op lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. No worries.  Boise State is not QB University for sure. I actually thought the best one was Ryan Dinwiddie, and he played a little in the CFL was all. Kellen Moore is very smart, but he didn't have the NFL arm.  Doesn't mean they can't make it and make it great in the NFL.  There are LOTS of intangibles that can't be measured in some great NFL QBs.  Drew Brees is amazing and I don't see him as having tremendous arm strength. But he is a very, very intelligent defense reader and so, so accurate.  He is one of the very few that can throw a WR open.  So who knows.  Maybe Rypien finds his way and get a true opportunity somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Yeah. No worries.  Boise State is not QB University for sure. I actually thought the best one was Ryan Dinwiddie, and he played a little in the CFL was all. Kellen Moore is very smart, but he didn't have the NFL arm.  Doesn't mean they can't make it and make it great in the NFL.  There are LOTS of intangibles that can't be measured in some great NFL QBs.  Drew Brees is amazing and I don't see him as having tremendous arm strength. But he is a very, very intelligent defense reader and so, so accurate.  He is one of the very few that can throw a WR open.  So who knows.  Maybe Rypien finds his way and get a true opportunity somewhere.

Yeah I read alot on him and seems he has those intagibles.He's young,time will tell.We really don't toss major bombs,so thought he would be a "fit" in our offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OK so Rodgers is not a pocket passer,got it.So out of 3,000 yards LMK how many of those were designed runs.Like I said anyone will run with a 350 pound lineman chasing you,so in the event  your oline stinks you are automatically no longer a pocket passer.ok I got it now

Why do they have to be designed runs lol....If a QB can hurt you with his legs it doesn’t have to be a design run.....we didn’t design a ton of runs for Vick was he a pocket passer then lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahomes isn’t a pocket passer but ran the ball 60 times in his line full season.... Winston somehow isn’t a pocket passer but most he has ever ran the ball is 54 times most yards he has ever had was 281 but yea he is a mobile QB

But Wentz runs the ball 64 times in 17 has 299 yards in only 13 games but somehow a pocket QB

Rodgers constantly runs more then 54 times a year usually around the 300 mark in yards but he is a pocket QB???? 
 

I don’t understand you logic at all on how you define a pocket QB vs a mobile QB???? Clearly your only a mobile QB if you run designed QB runs....

So only mobile QBs in the nfl are Lamar Jackson Kyler Murray and Cam when healthy....Only three teams that run consistent designed runs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stine said:

  There are other teams Trini. Giants did it with a back up QB Hostetler. I agree the Eagles have managed to weather the storm, But all teams deal with injuries every year. Do we have more than normal? Probably, but I still do not give anyone a pass. Just how I feel.

I’ve been reading your insights for years... Respect. I especially tune in to your financial insights...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

 

Great news!!! THX for sharing

I didn’t take that as very good news necessarily. Was hoping he already was cleared by Dr. just waiting on PUP timeline. So this means he’s still trying to get over that injury. A bit troublesome this many days later that he still hasn’t been cleared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagining what this game would be like if gnats were healthy - missing 65% of their O, their D's playing pretty well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting blurb on Bleeding Green Nation about Howie’s inquiries about Odell’s Beckham availability from Cleveland.It treated like Howie dotting his I ‘s and T’s..

I hate the Patsies...Dislike yet respect Tom Terrific... still would rather have a Giant loss. Could help us down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn’t take that as very good news necessarily. Was hoping he already was cleared by Dr. just waiting on PUP timeline. So this means he’s still trying to get over that injury. A bit troublesome this many days later that he still hasn’t been cleared.

He may be ready for Dullaz and thats a bad thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, senhorcook said:

EagleTD123 - your video of the little kid falling flat on his face on the couch "related to watching soccer" was hilarious! I mean hilarious!

Glad you enjoyed it! Sense of humor is a must if you are to survive. Glad the guys (you included) on here have one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, trini said:

I’ve been reading your insights for years... Respect. I especially tune in to your financial insights...

  Trini, I am just voicing my opinion as does everyone here. We are not right nor wrong. It is just how we feel. I also respect yours and Joemas's(as many others) opinions. Anyway, as far as financial, I now own 150,000 shares of PURA. it is a penny stock so don't go thinking I have all kinds of loot!  LOL  But I really believe that this stock will take off for the patient investor. Once the "Day Traders" stop messing with it and people realize that this company has a very sharp CEO, It will start its upward climb. I read one optimistic article that stated they felt this has the potential to rise over $7 before 2025! Now that would be something, but I will be content with $.20-$.30 per share. This company did 1 million in sales last year. They forecast 4 million this year and 8 million next. Not sure what some think, but I think they are going places. They are ahead of the curve and have a solid hold on the market. CGC and others are just now trying to get into this product line. That, in itself, shows there is a vast market for their product.

   My thoughts are, toss in a few hundred and see what happens. Not much of a gamble IMO.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

He may be ready for Dullaz and thats a bad thing?

GBFL- Most on here are acting like Mills is the Answer. Don't get me wrong. He may be better than Jones, but he still got burnt on double moves last year multiple times. He is not the best CB around IMO.... Eagles need to do a better job of grading the DBacks in the draft next year. We need to get a solid Corner and another safety, as ours are getting up there in age.

  Douglas seems to be getting better though. I firmly think he is our Best CB. Maddox may be the answer in the slot, but he struggles on the outside...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

He may be ready for Dullaz and thats a bad thing?

I was closer to assuming he would be ready to go for Dallas. But this update says he still hasn’t been cleared by a Dr. I guess the point was just thinking he was actually further ahead than he is. If he hasn’t been cleared by a Dr at this point I really don’t see him playing against the Cowboys. It’s been a year. So I thought the PUP designation was the only thing holding him back at this point. Come to find out his recovery still isn’t completed. Makes me think he has a month until being in game shape still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stine said:

  Trini, I am just voicing my opinion as does everyone here. We are not right nor wrong. It is just how we feel. I also respect yours and Joemas's(as many others) opinions. Anyway, as far as financial, I now own 150,000 shares of PURA. it is a penny stock so don't go thinking I have all kinds of loot!  LOL  But I really believe that this stock will take off for the patient investor. Once the "Day Traders" stop messing with it and people realize that this company has a very sharp CEO, It will start its upward climb. I read one optimistic article that stated they felt this has the potential to rise over $7 before 2025! Now that would be something, but I will be content with $.20-$.30 per share. This company did 1 million in sales last year. They forecast 4 million this year and 8 million next. Not sure what some think, but I think they are going places. They are ahead of the curve and have a solid hold on the market. CGC and others are just now trying to get into this product line. That, in itself, shows there is a vast market for their product.

   My thoughts are, toss in a few hundred and see what happens. Not much of a gamble IMO.....

 

Thank you for your insights... I recently ran across some of their CBD products that PURA promotes... its a good bet with some Major chains like Walgreens carrying their products...Yea...they’re gonna keep trending up....Thanks again and please keep these tips coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now