DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

4 hours ago, senhorcook said:

Dang it! I thought Corey Clement was going to be a good player here for a few years. Doubt it now.

It is a shame showed so much promise his rookie year....Wish he could have stayed healthy he built on that. 

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

It is a shame showed so much promise his rookie year....Wish he could have stayed healthy he built on that. 

Who do you think we trying to bring in before the Trade Deadline. I like Clement...at least we didn’t just cut him.

23 minutes ago, trini said:

Who do you think we trying to bring in before the Trade Deadline. I like Clement...at least we didn’t just cut him.

It’s hard to say where Howie will go at the deadline...Would not be shocked to see a CB, WR or a DL added at or before the deadline. Names are starting to heat up on who could possibly be available...Howie is a master trader as well.

#Eagles run defense in Weeks 1-5: * YPC allowed - 1st (2.81)

* Yards per game - 1st (47.8)

* Gains of 10+ yards - 1st (4.7%)

* Runs stopped for zero gain or loss - 1st (31.8%)

These are fantastic numbers for our rush D.  

Total yards is such a broken stat really hate that is how Ds are generally ranked. 

17 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Total yards is such a broken stat really hate that is how Ds are generally ranked. 

Surprising stats considering our injuries didn’t think Akeem Spence and Hassan Ridgeway would impact the D in such an exceptional way. The perfect runner is here to challenge that #1 ranking this week... damn I got Dalvin Cook on a couple of my Fantasy Teams . I might have to bench him, our D is gonna shut him down....I like it....EAGLES Baby.

I am gonna put this out there tonight ... I expect us to take at least 5 out of the next 6 games. Carson wants to get out of Shaggy aka Nicky Foles shadow. I expect him to kick a$$ and take names. I am ready for him to show he is the best. Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if we won the next 9 straight. Health is always  my only concern.

15 hours ago, stine said:

Trini, I am just voicing my opinion as does everyone here. We are not right nor wrong. It is just how we feel. I also respect yours and Joemas's(as many others) opinions. Anyway, as far as financial, I now own 150,000 shares of PURA. it is a penny stock so don't go thinking I have all kinds of loot!  LOL  But I really believe that this stock will take off for the patient investor. Once the "Day Traders" stop messing with it and people realize that this company has a very sharp CEO, It will start its upward climb. I read one optimistic article that stated they felt this has the potential to rise over $7 before 2025! Now that would be something, but I will be content with $.20-$.30 per share. This company did 1 million in sales last year. They forecast 4 million this year and 8 million next. Not sure what some think, but I think they are going places. They are ahead of the curve and have a solid hold on the market. CGC and others are just now trying to get into this product line. That, in itself, shows there is a vast market for their product.

My thoughts are, toss in a few hundred and see what happens. Not much of a gamble IMO.....

Anyone for some "High Test Gatorade?" You could be right about this Stine. The CBD biz is going to be huge. And the transition from all of the products that established the market to the drinks is seamless. Thank you for sharing! (no pun intended lol)

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Even though the Jet's O may have padded these figures a tad……still outstanding stats. 

9 hours ago, stine said:

OK, First I think Scandrick is better than all but Douglas. So not sure you would call him guy off the street. Darby suited up 3 of 5 games, Douglas suited up all 5, Maddox suited up 4 of 5 games and Jones suited up 4 of 5 games. This is according to your Stat experts. So this is terrible? It looks like they only had real issues for one game and against the Jets we need to worry? 

Now, you are going to say, how much did they play in those games. My answer is how much did the GB Packers play? Saying a player starts is not saying they played 1 minute or all 60.... It works both ways.

Right  ..  just like Green Bay only had issues in that one game... the SB where they gave up 25 with their 2nd string... not guys that were 7th and 8th off the list.  And a big difference between Scandrick and James practice time vs your nickel and dime guys having to go in during the Superbowl ..  the 20th game as they were practicing and playing all year. 

Again... specific to the injuries and the extent to one specific position... add them all up.  And look at the limited practice time and the results ... we haven't given up 30 points yet.  Not to shabby.  Not great, but not bad.   More important is how they improve as they get healthy.  That is when " not bad" isn't going to be enough.

8 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

With only 2 healthy RB's on the roster, I'll pose this question.

Would you sign Jay Ajayi and put one of Sproles/Clement on IR, or would you bring Boston Scott up from the PS?

Boston Scott...lol

6 hours ago, EaglesFanNoDak said:

Ah, good to know. I didn't know that and had assumed a shovel pass was considered an incomplete pass if dropped.

5 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I just hope Scott shows he can be a great return man...We need a return man. Anything he adds on top of the return game to me would be a bonus 

What happened to Clement? Or is it just they figure he's not coming back this year?

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Even though the Jet's O may have padded these figures a tad……still outstanding stats. 

IDK about padding,we still had to stop BELL,thats not super easy to do.Of course their O line is pretty bad too lol

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

It’s hard to say where Howie will go at the deadline...Would not be shocked to see a CB, WR or a DL added at or before the deadline. Names are starting to heat up on who could possibly be available...Howie is a master trader as well.

Think he's talking about a FA RB here

PLAYER (31 OF 28)
POS.
TO
YRS
DOLLARS
AAV
TOTAL GTD
GTD AT SIGN
2019 CAP
Marshawn Lynch RB 33 OAK TBD -
Jonathan Stewart RB 32 NYG TBD -
Corey Grant RB 27 GB TBD -
Chris Ivory RB 31 BUF TBD -
LeGarrette Blount RB 32 DET TBD -
Spencer Ware RB 27 IND TBD -
Jacquizz Rodgers RB 29 NO TBD -
Doug Martin RB 30 OAK TBD -
Fozzy Whittaker RB 30 CAR TBD -
Benny Cunningham RB 29 JAC TBD -
Kapri Bibbs RB 26 GB TBD -
Alfred Morris RB 30 DAL TBD -
Stevan Ridley RB 30 PIT TBD                        FA RB's -
Travaris Cadet RB 30 CAR TBD -
Charcandrick West RB 28 IND TBD -
C.J. Anderson RB 28 DET TBD -
Javorius Allen RB 28 NO TBD
Edited by GreenbleedinFL

53 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK about padding,we still had to stop BELL,thats not super easy to do.Of course their O line is pretty bad too lol

Ok then……touched up lol. Point was that the Run D stats were also nice pre-Jets. 

If anyone is interested I got this thing in called InfinityKloud.It's a BU for your comp.Super small(and they say easy to use) Will try it tomorrow

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If anyone is interested I got this thing in called InfinityKloud.It's a BU for your comp.Super small(and they say easy to use) Will try it tomorrow

Along the lines of doing things in the cloud, looks like our buds at Microsoft will have us doing everything in "the cloud". Instead of us owning a copy of Windows, it will be in the cloud and we'll have to pay to rent it.

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

What happened to Clement? Or is it just they figure he's not coming back this year?

He got placed on IR

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Think he's talking about a FA RB here

CJ Anderson is still on the market as a FA...But he mentioned the trade deadline hence the positions I talked about though 

I prefer giving Scott a shot, over someone off the street. Clement may have played his best game as a rookie in the SB... he seems to be on the decline. Is Clement eligible to return this year. He has to sit out at least 8 games? I forgot how many games they miss? Scott is our younger Sproles version. He has a chance to keep Sproles off the field. 

We need more of our young guys to show up. Jones and Douglas ...Ten sacks last week... Sweat, Ridgeway those guys need to show up again.  Last week is history.  Can they do it this week against a much better Viking O Line. At the end of the day I expect Carson Wentz will be the difference... I am waiting for a Wentz explosion,  Carson has been good, but I haven’t seen that dominating game yet. These next six games are the perfect for Carson to confirm his elite status in my mind .

1 hour ago, trini said:

I prefer giving Scott a shot, over someone off the street. Clement may have played his best game as a rookie in the SB... he seems to be on the decline. Is Clement eligible to return this year. He has to sit out at least 8 games? I forgot how many games they miss? Scott is our younger Sproles version. He has a chance to keep Sproles off the field. 

We need more of our young guys to show up. Jones and Douglas ...Ten sacks last week... Sweat, Ridgeway those guys need to show up again.  Last week is history.  Can they do it this week against a much better Viking O Line. At the end of the day I expect Carson Wentz will be the difference... I am waiting for a Wentz explosion,  Carson has been good, but I haven’t seen that dominating game yet. These next six games are the perfect for Carson to confirm his elite status in my mind .

Wentz is my fantasy QB,last week was awful(to be expected since there was no need to throw).I expect bigger numbers this week,This will be a concern the rest of the year.We stop running games and force QB's to throw.So either we need tighter coverage on opposing WR's or we need to get to their QB.BOTH would be nice