DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I like Scott.He tries hard,he runs hard.He has the attitude of not quitting on plays.I hope that translates into better skills going forward.I do not think he has reached his ceiling yet,we shall see.I would have NP grabbing a BU RB at this point.Although I expect Sanders to keep improving also,it's nice to have that true punishing Dozer in the backfield.Blount,Lynch,Anderson,West(still young yet) all available and could be had cheap as "insurance".We still have a LONG way to go to seasons end.We should pick up someone who "fits".I would love,just for ONCE,to see what this team could do with everyone at 100% with no starters sitting out.Also suspect we add another to the PS

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

You certain about that?

I see him as at LEAST a kick returner.Runs hard,doesn't quit.Since we only used Sproles a few plays a game,believe he can fill in that tiny role

Will hit the nest for this one tomorrow.I'd like this to be a "statement" game,that yeah we're beat up,but we're still here and you ain't beating us.We're tough,we're scrappy and we ain't goin away

For those that value PFF they have Rasul as the 20th best CB....Here is what they had to say about him 

"Douglas is among the group of four cornerbacks to record five or more pass breakups through the first five weeks of the NFL season, and that playmaking ability has earned him a spot on this list. His forced incompletion rate of 29.6 percent is the highest in the league among all players with 25 or more targets in their coverage. He has made a few blunders, namely letting Terry McLaurin run free for a big touchdown in Week 1, but his play as a whole has been big for an oft-maligned Eagles secondary.”

So if Djax DOES play,how effective can he be? Is it worth the risk now? I would feel better(just me personally) to see these young WR's step it up vs the Vikes(you hear me JJaw?) If JJaw and Hollins can play perhaps it's best if we stash Djax for later.But to get to "later" we need to win some of these next few games.Tough call here

Had my share of medical probs, treatment options are often ambiguous, happens. Sucks but it's not always the docs' fault. DJax not as young as he used to be, prolly doesn't heal as fast as he used to,

If DJax looked me straight in the eye today and told me to put him in, I's make him wait for dullass

Hope Djax has weighed every option,because one bad hit could result in him having to hang up the cleats for good

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

If DJax looked me straight in the eye today and told me to put him in, I's make him wait for dullass

Even then is it worth the risk? Surgery and 6 weeks(if he has it) still means he's available post season,so this is a tough decision for him and the staff

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

He said his target was Dullaz anyway,so he's not playing tomorrow as far as I can tell

Going to be tough tomorrow w/o a healthy secondary, not nearly as important as dullass. Fact is, groin's not going to kill you, will hurt, why risk it this early in the season. Still say we should have taken AP when we were taking an older RB.

Georgia losing today, shouold open things for your Buckeyes. PSU/Iowa tonight, think you're off

8 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Georgia losing today, shouold open things for your Buckeyes. PSU/Iowa tonight, think you're off

Watching FSU get annihilated by Clemson lol

OSU/Iowa should be a terrific game

See how each of us matches up vs Iowa, they can play tough. Nebraska used to, than again am enjoying the demise of harbaugh at M - always disliked him and his coaching style. Did well in SF tho

12 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

See how each of us matches up vs Iowa, they can play tough. Nebraska used to, than again am enjoying the demise of harbaugh at M - always disliked him and his coaching style. Did well in SF tho

Did Michigan win or lose?

FSU coming back on Clemson,but they needed to do that starting in the 2nd lol

42-14 with 3 mins left is not gonna get it done

Did watch part of Texas blowing it vs OK today, really shot themselves in both feet. Wish I saw the Georgia game

Not liking PSU on either side of the ball right now. The Iowa QB is signaling alnost every pass, PSU not jumping the routes

This QB for PSU is going to cost them the game. We'll be lucky to come in 3rd in the BIG 10.

GB - your Buckeyes have the standard this yr, carry it to the playoffs.