DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

51 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

What does Carr have to do with anything now then lol You make no damn sense ever. 

Cooper=Theilan=Diggs none of them really have an edge on each other the stats don’t lie either.
Not worried about Cooper or Dak. Stop Zeke and Dallas crumbles. Cousins has had our number since he entered the league no shock he torched us today 

IDK you brought up Carr lol

24 minutes ago, KevvMoss said:

Doug's play calling is getting predictable. How many times are we going to call that wr screen to Jeffrey???

IDk whats wrong buddy.I wish I did.Ertz as an offensive weapon is almost non existent now.It's so bad I am benching him in fantasy

39 minutes ago, KevvMoss said:

Doug's play calling is getting predictable. How many times are we going to call that wr screen to Jeffrey???

It was nice to see Sanders being utilized.Our "dominating" defensive line is NOT.We are giving QB's time to read the Philly phone book back there.IDC how bad your QB is,if you give them 6 seconds they will destroy you.Making Cousins look elite is not the team I thought we had.Same next week,we may slow Zeke down,but Coop will eat us alive and we have no answers.Sure we have secondary players hurt,still there is no mercy in this game and the pass rush is NOT there.Sadly the Vikes got some payback at our expense 

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

What does Carr have to do with anything now then lol You make no damn sense ever. 

Cooper=Theilan=Diggs none of them really have an edge on each other the stats don’t lie either.
Not worried about Cooper or Dak. Stop Zeke and Dallas crumbles. Cousins has had our number since he entered the league no shock he torched us today 

LMAO wow great strategy!!! We slowed up Dalvin and they made us pay(heavily).Same thing next week.Suspect Dak will toss 5 TD's,because as of this moment we have no pass rush,so using the same strategy is your answer?(yikes).Dallas didn't crumble today,they lost a close one because the Jets secondary can PLAY and ours cannot.it's going to be a Dak aerial show next week.Book it

The lack of pressure from the D is on Jim and Howie. The 4 man rush is not generating any pressure, they've all regressed. Graham is better inside, Cox - idk what the hell is going on but he's been non existent, Barnett's gives up the edge on every fricken play, falls for the play action, Ridgeways been ok. Bradham is looking awfull, Brown is a run stopping lb who fails at stopping the run, Gerry's been ok

Lack of talent on D is the issue. It's sickening watching no name guys on other teams make plays week in and week out, and that's gotta do with the Coaching. Jim is so headstrong on his scheme and making sure guys do what he wants, instead of what there instincts tell them to 

The Eagles got their butt handed to them. How is Douglas getting burnt so badly his pants are on fire the coaches’ fault? Douglas got exposed big time! I actually thought Jones played better.  If you were an opposing coach, what would you do? Attack the backup CBs? Duh! So why is everyone saying the Eagles COACHES made Cousins look like Peyton Manning? The Eagles’ Rasul Douglas did that by himself. 

Finally, next week’s game is crucial to the Eagles as the schedule is just brutal. Brutal in the fact that this Eagles’ team is average anyway. Hate to say it but at 3 - 3, they are what they are. DJax WON’T save them. Give me a break!

12 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

The Eagles got their butt handed to them. How is Douglas getting burnt so badly his pants are on fire the coaches’ fault? Douglas got exposed big time! I actually thought Jones played better.  If you were an opposing coach, what would you do? Attack the backup CBs? Duh! So why is everyone saying the Eagles COACHES made Cousins look like Peyton Manning? The Eagles’ Rasul Douglas did that by himself. 

I am not a Coach, but I knew that Rasul 04.06 Speed was no match for Diggs 04.04 or Thelans 04 .038... 40 times... Gotta put my players in positions to be successful. After Cousins bomb to Thelin for a touchdown I would be thinking as a NON Coach how to slow down that speed. Hell I am not a NFL coach what do I know.?

20 minutes ago, trini said:

I am not a Coach, but I knew that Rasul 04.06 Speed was no match for Diggs 04.04 or Thelans 04 .038... 40 times... Gotta put my players in positions to be successful. After Cousins bomb to Thelin for a touchdown I would be thinking as a NON Coach how to slow down that speed. Hell I am not a NFL coach what do I know.?

Exactly. Having our corners play 7 yards off and letting Thielan and Diggs get a head start is the coaches decision. On that second td to Diggs, there was man to man on the outsides with safety help over the top (1). It didn't matter where Cousins decided to go because both outside Receivers were wide open

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ertz as an offensive weapon is almost non existent now.It's so bad I am benching him in fantasy

Going into this week ... at the TE position ... Ertz was 4th in receptions and 5th in yards?     Really, all the issues with this team and Ertz comes to mind?????   After he had another 9 targets ... 4 catches for 54 yards?   Add to the fact he also has Goedert on his team, to be top 5 in those stats with another weapon at TE, that warrants complaints?   We need any kind of production from the other outside WR spot.  It's non existent.  Unless we totally have a dominant running game, if we are going to rely on the pass, the #2 outside guy needs to be relevant.   Either make some plays or draw some attention.... a little of both would be nice.  Don't necessarily need Djax week 1, but Torrey Smith 2017 level would be real nice.    Complaining about a top 5 TE .. .even top 6 (which is where he is in fantasy)  not sure that makes sense?     

7 hours ago, senhorcook said:

Douglas is good for 20 yards. He is not fast enough to cover more than that. Mcleod needs to help out over the top. He played terrible yesterday. No game plan yesterday. We did not stop the run. We did not get to the QB. We did not prevent the long pass. Cousins only made 1 real nice pass yesterday. All of those TD passes were wide open shots. Swartz cannot coach, period. He needs to put players in positions they can succeed. No help over the top was doomed from the start.

Wentz played a good game. that pass to Ags looked like an overthrow, but if Ags puts on the speed, he gets there. Ags is too busy looking back at the QB instead of running his route. Other than Jeffrey, we have zero production from the wide outs. If DJax is not back this Sunday, we will lose again. Jones stinks and looks lost out there. We have real issues at all DB positions other than Jenkins.

10 hours ago, senhorcook said:

Why are we talking about fantasy football? Who cares? 

It's about football,if you love the game you play fantasy.I care as well as MOST any fan who has a pulse.It's also a nice way to gauge player performance,and it's fun enjoyment for football fans.If you dont care about it scroll past the post,why even answer??? Noone's forcing you to reply to ANY post

10 hours ago, senhorcook said:

Possibly because we haven't had an effective secondary in recent memory???????(2017 wasn't too bad).And you think all these player decisions are made  not consulting the coaches? Howie's gonna draft a guy or spend money without the coaches reco to get that player? And once we get them we are failing to integrate them into OUR system.Yep that is on the coaches

9 hours ago, senhorcook said:

Finally, next week’s game is crucial to the Eagles as the schedule is just brutal. Brutal in the fact that this Eagles’ team is average anyway. Hate to say it but at 3 - 3, they are what they are. DJax WON’T save them. Give me a break!

Yep all teams are who they are.Fact remains we are 3-3 and also tied with Dallas and that record is tied for the division lead.We still have 10 games to go.A bit early to write us off innit?

10 hours ago, trini said:

LMAO those 40 times are ridiculous,done on a straight run on a track suited for track meets,not a gridiron with other players in front of you.You think they run those times every play? Please.The times you posted are SOOOOOOO minor.There are 57 other things to consider other than flat out speed.How about something like "falling into the double move trap"? How about not turning your head for the ball?So NOW you say speed matters,but Djax won't save us? it's one or the other

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Going into this week ... at the TE position ... Ertz was 4th in receptions and 5th in yards?     Really, all the issues with this team and Ertz comes to mind?????   After he had another 9 targets ... 4 catches for 54 yards?   Add to the fact he also has Goedert on his team, to be top 5 in those stats with another weapon at TE, that warrants complaints?   We need any kind of production from the other outside WR spot.  It's non existent.  Unless we totally have a dominant running game, if we are going to rely on the pass, the #2 outside guy needs to be relevant.   Either make some plays or draw some attention.... a little of both would be nice.  Don't necessarily need Djax week 1, but Torrey Smith 2017 level would be real nice.    Complaining about a top 5 TE .. .even top 6 (which is where he is in fantasy)  not sure that makes sense?     

Fantasy Joe,Fantasy lol.Most spent a round 3 pick based on his numbers last year and this year they aren't there(especially TD's).Going from the 1 or 2 TE to 6 is a fantasy drop off no??

11 hours ago, KevvMoss said:

Lack of talent on D is the issue. It's sickening watching no name guys on other teams make plays week in and week out, and that's gotta do with the Coaching. Jim is so headstrong on his scheme and making sure guys do what he wants, instead of what there instincts tell them to 

Gotta agree here.Seems all those no name players are making names for themselves when they play us

Welp,just using the eye test so far this year what I am seeing is we are pretty good at stopping the run.But appear to be sacrificing pressure to do it by "holding our ground" only.We stop the RB at the LOS instead of pressuring the QB and counting on the LB's and we have seen the results of that by being torched frequently on passing downs.IDK thats just what I SEE.Missed tackles is another issue we need to address-SOON!!!

BTW I am throwing the flag on refs for "delay of game" The amount of stoppages is insane.Kills any momentum you may have had.Pathetic.In the Dullaz game there were 6 flags in a row!!!!Just put 2 guys on the field head to head playing Madden

Anyone know whats up with Fletcher? He looks either injured or uninterested out there. It was apparent in the GB game when Rodgers scrambled out of the pocket and he began spying him instead of rushing him

2 minutes ago, KevvMoss said:

Anyone know whats up with Fletcher? He looks either injured or uninterested out there. It was apparent in the GB game when Rodgers scrambled out of the pocket and he began spying him instead of rushing him

IDK see above,are they being coached to just HOLD the LOS and not rush the QB? IDK

Craig James looks like our best corner out there. In the td he gave up in the endzone, he had good coverage, diggs just made a good catch and that'll happen. But he's a better press corner than the two other bums out there, Nnamdi and Maxwell lol