DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

dallas is reeling. We really have a great opportunity to bury them. They are on a massive losing streak if we can pull it off. You know the sh17 will start to hit the fan . We’ll start hearing about all the infighting, finger pointing and blame game. Would be lovely.

Love nothing better!!!! If our O line controls we can win this thing even giving up scores

5 hours ago, senhorcook said:

So the Eagles cut Craig James AND Zach Brown? Brown must have caused a major commotion after the game, huh? He certainly didn’t make any plays DURING the game.

Maybe to make room for Mills? 

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He has a quad injury and can’t practice anything. We might catch a little break in him not being 100 percent. Of coarse Gallup and any receiver in college can do a slight fake and burn our corners.

As of tonight per ESPN Coop's availability is questionable for Sun. 

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I’m leaning toward something wrong with the coaching and scheme but what do I know. 

It's looking to be the number one suspect to me. 

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

But Cousins is not the runner type,Dak IS.it's not about 40 times,it's about willingness to take off

Not only that but also in reflexes and ability to react mentally according to situation. 

18 hours ago, senhorcook said:

So what do you all want the defensive coach to do? Play 2 high safety on every play to protect the CBs? What happens when the opponent plays with 5 wrs? Cant protect the CBs on every play. They should be replaced if they cant cover at all. Oh wait, the Eagles are already on their 4th or 5th string guys. So replace them with whom? The PLAYERS need to PLAY BETTER, period. Do you think Rasul should be in the WR’s face at the line of scrimmage if he is one on one? As badly as he was getting beat with a 7-10 yard head start, how bad would it be if he were at the line of scrimmage? Yes, the idea is to disrupt the route, but do you have confidence in Rasul AND the DLine to make that philosphy work well? There is a LOT to break down here. Bottom line, Rasul has to play better.

You are right, but I think a bit more complicated than that. Rasul can play at the LOS, but problem is he gets no contact and the WR gets a free release. He is dead when that happens. Some passes are timing routes, so get the hit at the LOS and it throws off everything. Did anyone notice our CB's never get their hands on the WR's? It helps you stay with them and all good CB's do this. We seem to play off them and try to react instead of clinging to them like a glove.... Who cares if you get a holding call once in awhile? Better than a 60 yard TD.....  This could be coaching also....

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Fantasy point average is about the same.So I need to play the match-ups 

Because dude had fluke week 1, otherwise what?  0, 0, 8, 0, 2 in a standard league?   LOL

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is the NFL. Production and results based. Just the facts. 

Agree.... where injury luck is huge

I’ve been seeing most of our Dline winning their matchup. Most of the problem is Secondary based. Just don’t cover anyone. QBs have supreme confidence they can chuck it up on any of our corners. That makes a huge difference. First read is a good option for opposing QBs. Not much pass rushers are going to do while this continues. It’s been at the level of, like in the ATL game, we might as well just send guys blitzing since they don’t cover. 
 Brown at LB was getting forced in coverage also...so it’s been more than just the secondary.

So on deep moves .... since our DL is winning their matchups ... wouldn't you expect the QB to get hit then?    I mean, if you are winning your matchup and the route will take a little time to develop... it makes sense?   I think Green Bay and the Jets games they plaed well.. not sure i'm seeing it in hte other games.  Detroit I thought they won matchups but couldn't tackle.  

Again though... this style of defense is about hte DL dominating... just being above average isn't going to work.  Similar to slot WR being important in NE's offense and the speed outside WR in ours... for Schwartz, the front 4 needs to dominate, not just be good. 

In the long run, this is my biggest concern, their consistency and their depth.  I can easily see these guys running out of gas.  

Sack numbers is tricky. ATL, the Skins and much of what we have been facing is max protect and heavy chip blocking. No team feels a need to send a ton of guys all out in routes. Just make sure you chip or max protect and going with a few guys straight into routes is working.

So you are seeing a lot of double teams... other than Cox?   Barnett, Curry and Graham are being double teamed?  Other DTs besides Cox are being double teamed?   Or do you see the extra protection picking up the blitzers?   

If the Dlineman is going against two guys and our secondary should have two guys covering the receiver....who do you blame in this scenario when giving up the completion?

I want to see film on DL going against 2 guys ... other than Cox?    I simply belive this is not true.   Sure you could pick out a few plays ... but for the most part I totally disagree with this.    Our guys are going against 1 blocker and as a unit they are not doing the elite job that is required.

In general ... I believe the DL is better than or coverage... for sure.  The issue is the team is designed for elite pass rush and decent coverage.   It starts up front.... when the rush isn't top level, the coverage drops to being short of decent.  Well short of decent in our case. 

As GBFL said... the DEs aren't getting burned for TDs, the average fan just looks at the skill spots because that's the end of the play.  DL great s the run, as a unit they don't rush well... even when they beat their one guy who is blocking them, they leave lanes for the QB to step up or move around to get extra time.   A mobile QB scares me even more.. Rodgers ran well, I expect Dak and Allen to get their share of rushing yards.... but hopefully the secondary can cover longer.... really i'm hoping the offense can do more than their share coming up.   But if the Dallas OL is still dinged... the DL needs to step up here.  

2 hours ago, stine said:

You are right, but I think a bit more complicated than that. Rasul can play at the LOS, but problem is he gets no contact and the WR gets a free release. He is dead when that happens. Some passes are timing routes, so get the hit at the LOS and it throws off everything. Did anyone notice our CB's never get their hands on the WR's? It helps you stay with them and all good CB's do this. We seem to play off them and try to react instead of clinging to them like a glove.... Who cares if you get a holding call once in awhile? Better than a 60 yard TD.....  This could be coaching also....

Jalen Mills style...  get the holding calls.   He will get complaints as usual from our fans.... because tining of some are always 3rd down or some big play... but still better than the long TD.  

IDK... this feels like game 1 of he season coming up Sunday night!    10 games for the NFC East ...lets go!!!!  

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Because dude had fluke week 1, otherwise what?  0, 0, 8, 0, 2 in a standard league?   LOL

He was concussed lol Anyway done arguing about this he also has 2 TDs to ertz 1 so as I said I will play the matchups,the 19 point "fluke" was when he was 100%.He's still not 100%.Fact remains where ertz went in the draft(fantasy) was overrated based on LAST years numbers and we aren't using him now."you took him too early" yeah me and everyone else who plays fantasy.Hindsight is great!

11 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Maybe to make room for Mills? 

I'm looking at another pick-up somewhere(CB more than likely)

11 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

As of tonight per ESPN Coop's availability is questionable for Sun. 

He'll be ready.This is a huge chance to put up HUGE numbers.Unless he's on a gurney I expect him to play

13 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Peters and Bradham both wanting second opinions on their injury diagnosis. Feels like no confidence in our medical staff.

Would you have confidence in the staff???? A. This group is completely new B. Injury track record not great so far with them.

Something I am curious to is why don’t we play matchups in our secondary???? Schwartz opts for sides generally. But I mean a guys like Rasul is going to be at a disadvantage playing quicker shiftiest fast guys compared to the bigger more physical types he matches up well against.

Also when we play sides teams get smart and attack the weak link who usually is Sidney Jones side or who ever fills in for him.

27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

He was concussed lol Anyway done arguing about this he also has 2 TDs to ertz 1 so as I said I will play the matchups,the 19 point "fluke" was when he was 100%.He's still not 100%.Fact remains where ertz went in the draft(fantasy) was overrated based on LAST years numbers and we aren't using him now."you took him too early" yeah me and everyone else who plays fantasy.Hindsight is great!

I'm curious how you will lok at a matchup and take out a guy who gets 40 yards minimum each game ... compared to a guy who hasn't gotten more than 27 in his last 4... same # of TDs too.    What consitutes a good TE matchup?   And which game can you say .... "nah, Ertz won't get the ball"  

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Something I am curious to is why don’t we play matchups in our secondary???? Schwartz opts for sides generally. But I mean a guys like Rasul is going to be at a disadvantage playing quicker shiftiest fast guys compared to the bigger more physical types he matches up well against.

Also when we play sides teams get smart and attack the weak link who usually is Sidney Jones side or who ever fills in for him.

IDK either ... Douglas has played both sides ...depending when Mills or Darby were out.  Yet during games they stay ... kinda gives away its a zone doesn't it???   IDK, but the old days players were RCB or LCB ... so it doesn't really bother me, not like I don't think Diggs would have eaten up whever in man.     Dallas time.   Already trying to take Doug's comments out of context ... love the media.