DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

IDK either ... Douglas has played both sides ...depending when Mills or Darby were out.  Yet during games they stay ... kinda gives away its a zone doesn't it???   IDK, but the old days players were RCB or LCB ... so it doesn't really bother me, not like I don't think Diggs would have eaten up whever in man.     Dallas time.   Already trying to take Doug's comments out of context ... love the media.  

Feel as though some guys just matchup better so why as a D would we not take advantage of it???? Same with pass rush as well Vikings flipped there DEs because they thought Hunter could take better advantage vs Dillard. Best pass rusher vs the weak link on OL....CB if you have Julio Jones think you would much rather have him matchup up vs Maddox who is what generous 5’9 or 5’10 over a guy that is similar size to him in Rasul. 
And our D allows it because we don’t flip guys we just play our spots.

I have been very complementary towards our Coaches for fielding teams made up of 3rd  and 4th stringers...while weathering massive injuries last few years and still winning.  This sickening loss still burns...  I am losing confidence in our Coaches that game plan if you want to call it that was pathetic. There were enough missed assignments on those Deep TD...by Jenkins, Sendejo and McCleod... it’s not just the CB’s were screwing up... Why are our veterans still making these mistakes in a Defense this veteran Championship group should know backwards? Starts with Peedy and Schwartz putting the players in the right positions to make plays. We are 6 games into the season playing like we are still in TC.

I didn’t like how the Eagles handled the Zach Brown firing because they made Zach a Scapegoat, Yea, we are used to Eagle players not giving other teams Bulletin Boad material...To put Brown on Blast like Spuds did  for an Offense with little Creativity. I dislike that tactic putting  Zach out in front of the poor effort from the coaches and our best players.   Sooooo with Peedy declaring he is gonna beat the Cow itches this wk... Zeke, Cooper, Dak and Gallup will probably have their best games of the year this Sunday. Say we lose.... Will we fire Peedy, like we did Zack... who aside from his Bonehead comment realistically was NOT great on the field for us. Not feeling Peedy fake bravado...on a Dallas week.

Trini let the Zach Brown comment go. Just judge his play and fit. Sometimes I think he just flat ignored assignments. He was rated one of the worst LB in the league in coverage. Then you watched him miss tackles and be out of position against the run. Writing was on the wall. 

Is it just me or does the officiating get worse every year.

That hands to the face call against the Lions last night was really sorry.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Trini let the Zach Brown comment go. Just judge his play and fit. Sometimes I think he just flat ignored assignments. He was rated one of the worst LB in the league in coverage. Then you watched him miss tackles and be out of position against the run. Writing was on the wall. 

This really was a message to the team... If you gonna run your mouth... you better back it up on the field. Might need to make a few more examples starting with a coach or two.

We are talking about the poor play of the secondary being due to injuries 

How much better was it when the starters were playing? Not really much better i'd say

1 minute ago, trini said:

This really was a message to the team... If you gonna run your mouth... you better back it up on the field. Might need to make a few more examples starting with a coach or two.

We can start with the DB coach.

Yeah none of our DB starters are elite,possibly "adequate" assuming the pass rush is there which it isn't.So the injuries make the DB picture worse and we are still not getting to opposing QB's.not a great recipe there. Wentz can't do this alone.The O is "adequate" not as spectacular as I had hoped.Run D is good but thats not helping the DB's.We need the DL to get after the QB and rely on our LB's to fill the tun gaps.it's not happening.Someone on our oline best take Vander-esch to the ground or it will be a long night trying to run the ball

11 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Is it just me or does the officiating get worse every year.

That hands to the face call against the Lions last night was really sorry.

I am NOT really feeling bad officiating. I just feel Football with all the legal betting and gambling has influences on the field. Games feel like the WWF before we found the matches were predetermined. Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers getting back to prominence is a much more attractive offering than a Lions team with a not very Charismatic HC and QB those calls like many all year long occur at KEY times in the game...momentum changing game changing calls in front of our eyes. People are getting paid. This is NOT just bad officiating....Money money money. The fans just don’t know yet we’ve been sold out.

1 minute ago, trini said:

I am NOT really feeling bad officiating. I just feel Football with all the legal betting and gambling has influences on the field. Games feel like the WWF before we found the matches were predetermined. Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers getting back to prominence is a much more attractive offering than a Lions team with a not very Charismatic HC and QB those calls like many all year long occur at KEY times in the game...momentum changing game changing calls in front of our eyes. People are getting paid. This is NOT just bad officiating....Money money money.

Please,the officiating is about as awful as it gets.Totally inconsistent.I'm not really into conspiracy theories,although some of the timing of the calls or non calls seem "iffy".As games wind down players are trying harder to win the close ones,penalties are expected at that time,but PLEASE be consistent ALL game,not hand pick when you let them play and when you don't

In other words,you can play the first 1/4 and gauge how the refs are allowing or not allowing whatever and adjust accordingly.What frosts my fritter is the calls in 1/4 one are not the same as 1/4 4  on the same exact play and that needs fixed!!!

26 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

We are talking about the poor play of the secondary being due to injuries 

How much better was it when the starters were playing? Not really much better i'd say

We can start with the DB coach.

And the S haven’t been injured. Corners are taking the blame. And they do stink. But if you judge us in Corner, Cover four, Cover three looks: you see veteran S screwing up their assignments. Obviously teams are going with routes and concepts to attack these defensive play. But you have to know that is what’s going to happen in the NFL. So they all have to get on the same page. I think it was like 11:40 to go in the second quarter. Diggs burns Douglas. You can complain about the pass rush but a 65 yard pass was thrown in under three seconds. I’d judge it to be Cover four. Practically a just don’t let them behind you playcall by Schwartz.  Diggs runs a Deep Post. Their is a crosser coming towards him underneath. Jenkins switches off him late to pass him over to McLeod. Jenkins then drops. But it’s all too slow and late. You could almost blame this on all three DBs. I would judge it to be the most veteran players man(Diggs). He’s played near the line of scrimmage more than deep lately. And he could take the blame on a few of those plays. Luckily Cousins threw it just out of bounds on another. Jenkins actually did take the blame on the other big play. Not really interested in blame than fixing it. Communication. Getting on the same page. How and when are you passing these assignments off? Kind of feel like it’s being coached but not executed(giving an understanding to Douglas seeming bewilderment). Just seems really difficult to think Undlin, Zorn and Schwartz are to blame there. Getting beat deep on pretty quick hitting play while in deep coverage. Playcall seems right. Hard for me to think Zorn and Undlin haven’t gone over Cover Four extensively yet this season, preseason, training camp....

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Jalen Mills style...  get the holding calls.   He will get complaints as usual from our fans.... because tining of some are always 3rd down or some big play... but still better than the long TD.  

IDK... this feels like game 1 of he season coming up Sunday night!    10 games for the NFC East ...lets go!!!!  

Mills is not great. But I have to admit he is better than what we have out there right now. You know how I feel about Mills so that says allot about how bad I feel the DB's are. I feel if we had one shut down CB the whole backfield issue would go away. You could have the Safety favor the other side which would reduce the errors...

I suggested to a friend yesterday that the Eagles should draft 3 WR's and 3 CB's and hope one of each turns out Good. Then we finally have something to get happy about lol

Call me crazy ...but I think our pass rush is good.  Or ....I like our guys..would be more accurate. Barnett, Graham(inside), Cox and Sweat are going to start wrecking some people.  They didn’t utilize it enough early on but you can see it coming on. I think we got us something. Now maybe Cox was early on recovering more than he’d admit. Barnett as well. Sweat just getting the experience. Getting the DT rush experience for Graham this year(with this group). So you can understand the slower start to the season. But I see this working out. All getting better as the season going(individually and as a unit).

Releasing brown makes room for a healthy KGH who looked to be the 2nd best LB on the team before he got hurt in camp.

Sure we could have benched Brown but then you just get an unhappy player complaining which is never a good thing 

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Call me crazy ...but I think our pass rush is good.  Or ....I like our guys..would be more accurate. Barnett, Graham(inside), Cox and Sweat are going to start wrecking some people.  They didn’t utilize it enough early on but you can see it coming on. I think we got us something. Now maybe Cox was early on recovering more than he’d admit. Barnett as well. Sweat just getting the experience. Getting the DT rush experience for Graham this year(with this group). So you can understand the slower start to the season. But I see this working out. All getting better as the season going(individually and as a unit).

Pass rush might get better they have to get better Cox takes the double so the rest literally face 1 v 1 they should be able to win those battles and if they can not need to be replaced 

I may have read it on here, but Hicks is leading the NFL in tackles....

Cox getting healthier is the biggest thing you could see early on that he was not having the impact he usually has early in the season.

Just now, stine said:

I may have read it on here, but Hicks is leading the NFL in tackles....

Hicks is/was a stud for us when he was healthy the issue was him staying on the field. Think we tend to forget how good he was when he was on the field for us.

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

Releasing brown makes room for a healthy KGH who looked to be the 2nd best LB on the team before he got hurt in camp.

Sure we could have benched Brown but then you just get an unhappy player complaining which is never a good thing 

Absolutely! Kamu is back! Pretty huge. 
    Depth secondly. Gerry is the guy. He’s made a few plays in coverage. He’s been in the system awhile. Smart guy. Can lead the D! Underrated aspect of his experience and brain. Rather bring up Singleton than Brown. Singleton looked hungry. Already have Edwards.

Let’s say Mills has great practices and can go this week. So you have him on a ‘pitch count.’ What are the highest percentage of situations you use him for...ideally?

I’m thinking inside the thirty. 

Looking at the Dline depth...it all kind of fits once we get it going. Need Jernigan back for that starting first and second down DT. That will make a big difference. 
   If we give up a few first downs then you still have Ridgeway to bring in.

(Like earlier stated) Graham DT pass rushing.

DE: Barnett and Graham starting. But given breathers. Utilize Curry, Sweat and Hall.