DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Ramsey to the Rams... 1sts in 2020 and 21 plus a 4th 

Too expensive,glad we avoided it.Goff played like total garbage.If they are in win now mode they have a ways to go lol

24 minutes ago, trini said:

Missed opportunity with a player of Ramsey’s caliber... I wanted Ramsey, and he is in the NFC... time will tell if it was too high a price for a possible short term rental. In Howie I will trust. I don’t think the guys that might be coming off of injury are much of a upgrade but maybe the players and Coaches got the message. Maybe Dak is sending Jerry a message, about his No Contract.

Not missed, Rams gave up a TON.Can't sell the farm to buy a barn

4 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

It’s an issue that Sanders is our most explosive receiver. Really tells the state of our WR group at the moment.

Side note have 2 available roster spots one is easy going to Mills who fills the other spot any guesses???? 

LOL not explosive,simply not accounted for because we never used him like that.So why I asked if this was a "lets get in Dullaz's head" move to let them know they have a new wrinkle to tend to on defense HAHAHA

35 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

It's a 21 day window, he can practice now and the Eagles can see where he is, if they don't like what they see, after the 21 day window, he'll revert to IR. It's probably not going to take 3 weeks, he has already been running. Believe tomorrow will be his first practice, if he looks good, I think they'll activate him to the roster.

He stated last week that he still hasn’t been clear by the doc yet. Different issue technically.

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not missed, Rams gave up a TON.Can't sell the farm to buy a barn

I grudgingly agree that I could not give that high a price for a possible rental. 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He stated last week that he still hasn’t been clear by the doc yet. Different issue technically.

Yeah, but if he's set to begin practice, it's safe to assume he was cleared.

7 minutes ago, trini said:

I grudgingly agree that it could to high a price for a rental.

In my view if we were kicking on all other cylinders and that was our ONLY issue,then I could see the sacrifice.But we know we have more issues than one,we have needs at both CB's spots.Ramsey can only cover one,we obviously have work to do in the WR dept.Jjaw didnt translate his "winning August" into game day.Alshon is ok,AG the jury is still out(once again on his stone hands).So,I assume seeing all that Howie would not go all in for ONE guy unless that was THE answer to everything

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Yeah, but if he's set to begin practice, it's safe to assume he was cleared.

Yeah at least in some limited way he'd have to be.I don't think its a black and white thing,but he'd have to be cleared to practice

Belles fans calling for Garretts head-let the festivities begin HAHAHA.This is perfect timing,if we can win this at ATT that noise will go WAY up!!

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Agholor, Hollins and JJ haven’t been getting it done. Tried to make a trade for a speed receiver this time last year. Still feels like we are in the same place.

Lots of players aren't getting it done

13 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I'm looking at another pick-up somewhere(CB more than likely)

I'm (looking) hoping for a key addition to either CB or Edge. Any improvement would be welcomed at this point. O needs to step it up too; See: Catching a Ball 101. They're not completely innocent in this. 

13 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Something I am curious to is why don’t we play matchups in our secondary???? Schwartz opts for sides generally. But I mean a guys like Rasul is going to be at a disadvantage playing quicker shiftiest fast guys compared to the bigger more physical types he matches up well against.

Also when we play sides teams get smart and attack the weak link who usually is Sidney Jones side or who ever fills in for him.

Oft wondered that myself through games why no shadow CB. 

12 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Dallas time.   Already trying to take Doug's comments out of context ... love the media.  

When I watched the vid last night I comprehended DP's words as, "We go into every game saying we're going to win and with the like mindset. No team (well, not many lol) in the NFL goes into a game thinking they're gonna lose." NOT as, "We're going down to TX and open up a can of whoop arse on these guys."  Stinkin' media would twist a turd if they thought it would produce a story for them. :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, trini said:

Games feel like the WWF before we found the matches were predetermined. People are getting paid. This is NOT just bad officiating....Money money money. The fans just don’t know yet we’ve been sold out.

Been wondering this aspect since late '90's early 2000's. Before "legal" gambling. Palms being greased. 

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LOL not explosive,simply not accounted for because we never used him like that.So why I asked if this was a "lets get in Dullaz's head" move to let them know they have a new wrinkle to tend to on defense HAHAHA

Possible Sanders could become Westbrook 2.0? It'd be a promising development!

People are angry at Howie now.  Lol.  If you are Jax and you got same offer from Rams or Eagles... which would you take? Eagles 50-50 shot at winning division.  Goes up IMO with Ramsey.  We win this week, the rest of the schedule is tough for Dallas to catch up. Very tough.  I know, long season.. blah blah blah, but GM'S need to look at this.  As in Jax's GM.

Rams have uphill battle in that division.   Tough schedule still.  Good chance... probable even with Ramsey, that they don't make the playoffs.

So I assume that Jax assumes the 2020 1st rounder from the Rams will be higher than the Eagles. Going forward, tougher division to win.  So Eagles would in theory need to make a better offer.   And to be honest... if it was two 1sts plus a 2021 3rd ( better than Rams 4th) Jax would still probably rather have the Rams offer.  So are we going two 1sts and a 2nd for a CB?

I'm not.  Ramsey is excellent.  But look at the game today.  CBs don't " take away half the field anymore" they cover one of 5 playmakers.  Gilmore shut down Alshon completely in the SB.  We put up 41. They had Gronk, biggest mismatch in the game... they scored 33.   I'm not giving up all that and still having mismatches in other areas.  We need help on the DL... this year and going forward.  No shot I sacrifice that and be forced to shell out the mega $$ for just one CB who can't have same effect on the game as Dion or Revis could.  If anything, Howie just made the Rams spend more. Could be two picks in the teens and swap of 4th vs 5th when you look at Peter's trade.  We shall see how they handle his contract too.  

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

If you are Jax and you got same offer from Rams or Eagles... which would you take?

Both teams have incredibly tough schedules, neither team looks close to its previous highest level, I think both may miss the play plays. We have the better shot I guess but our schedule is insanely hard. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Both teams have incredibly tough schedules, neither team looks close to its previous highest level, I think both may miss the play plays. We have the better shot I guess but our schedule is insanely hard. 

???? Our schedule is insanely hard? With the 4 of the last 5 games being Miami, Washington and 2 vs the Giants? 

You add in Ramsey to our team,  which is a factor if your are coming from a Jax perspective... you don't see us as a favorite to win the division.... considering the legit tough schedule that Dallas has? 

Compared to the Rams having to climb over Seattle and SF in their division? 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

?? Our schedule is insanely hard? With the 4 of the last 5 games being Miami, Washington and 2 vs the Giants? 

And by then things could be over for us. Don't bank on us beating NY and Washington twice! 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And by then things could be over for us. Don't bank on us beating NY and Washington twice! 

How would they be over for us?   Dallas plays the same teams... except they have Minn and Detroit vs the extra Giants game and Miami.

Again... take the mindset of Jax ... not a " negadelphian"  for me, it would take more from the Eagles than the Rams. I think it's a no brainer.

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

How would they be over for us?   Dallas plays the same teams... except they have Minn and Detroit vs the extra Giants game and Miami.

They don't have the run of games that we do and that makes a difference. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They don't have the run of games that we do and that makes a difference. 

Dallas schedule after our game ... look at the 7 games in a row starting with Minn.   That's not a run of tough games?    And start from the Bills game.... the Eagles play @ Miami, NYG, @ Wash, Dallas and @NYG.   

@NYG
Minn
@Lions
@Pats 4:25
Bills (Thanksgiving, with Bills playing home at 1pm compared to Dallas playing later and having to travel back)
@Bears
Rams
@Eagles
Washington