DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They don't have the run of games that we do and that makes a difference. 

On top of that .... matchup the 3 similar games of Patriots, Bears and the final head to head Dallas game.   Eagles play all those at home, Dallas plays all those on the road.

Again... you are Jax ... you have same offer from both 3-3 teams.... the Rams and the Eagles.   With looking at both situations as far as winning their divisions and both having 3 conference losses.   Which offer are you taking????   Which is the original question?   I would take the Rams offer.  Who need to climb over a 5-1 Seattle and 5-0 SF teams ... of which the Rams already lost to both teams.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Those would be nice. I’ve been wanting Xavien Howard. But honestly the bar is low. Mills, Darby, Maddox and LeBlanc incoming reinforcements at least.

Howard is high on my wish list also gladly give up a 1st for him. Would still have rest of this year 2 more years(plus the 5th year option) for one of the better young CBs in the league.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LOL not explosive,simply not accounted for because we never used him like that.So why I asked if this was a "lets get in Dullaz's head" move to let them know they have a new wrinkle to tend to on defense HAHAHA

He has lead our team in Receiving like 3 times this year.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I'm happy 2 years ago when they went all in to get the elite DL.  Lost the depth and it has taken a big chunk out of their effectiveness in the pass rush.

I just want them to get it right when drafting the next CB and next WR.... If they can manage to do that, I will be a very happy fan....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Howard is high on my wish list also gladly give up a 1st for him. Would still have rest of this year 2 more years(plus the 5th year option) for one of the better young CBs in the league.

 

I haven't seen Howard play... has good length at 06'01"... didn't time fast at the combine 04.58 forty...don't know much about him... why you like his play? Howard was a 2nd rd pick. Why would he be worth a first? Would he be better than what we're watching now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

He has lead our team in Receiving like 3 times this year.... 

Not really a PLUS for a RB ,more of WTH are our receivers doing and why can't we get them more involved

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

He has lead our team in Receiving like 3 times this year.... 

Sad commentary for the money we spent for receivers no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stine said:

I just want them to get it right when drafting the next CB and next WR.... If they can manage to do that, I will be a very happy fan....

We were discussing that.Is it bad coaching? bad scouting?bad scheme? A combination?There is a cracked gear in this machine somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot his name but there is a CB in AZ of interest.They aren't winning that division,maybe they would be open to a trade.I'm sure Howie has everything at least looked at.Not sure if Fitz plays again next year for them(age factor),could be a WR/CB trade option there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stine said:

I just want them to get it right when drafting the next CB and next WR.... If they can manage to do that, I will be a very happy fan....

Lots of good CBs and WRs here over the years.... the stud DL idea was the one that got us the SB.   Not sure we have many times where you can say ...well the WRs and CBs won us a title.  Even Denver and Seattle had stud DLs there pressuring QBs all day long.   Not sure you find many secondaries better than that one.   Then hard to find better groups of weapons than Minn 1998 ... Pats 2007 ... Denver 2013 ... all coming up short of a title.   IDK, just seems like the other spots get the glory, but the consistency up front seem to do better towards success.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not really a PLUS for a RB ,more of WTH are our receivers doing and why can't we get them more involved

Sad commentary for the money we spent for receivers no?

Who led the team in receiving when we beat NE in the SB????  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dallas week baby!!!!    Love it.    I'm expecting the hilarious Monday of SB winning talk after a win Sunday night.   Funny how swift the mood can change.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Who led the team in receiving when we beat NE in the SB????  

Corey Clement with Nelly not far behind, just 16 yards behind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Corey Clement with Nelly not far behind, just 16 yards behind

So it was a RB?   What does that say about our WRs???    LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So it was a RB?   What does that say about our WRs???    LOL

The problem is, Nelly isn't playing anywhere near what he was in 2017/2018, Alshon is being hampered by injuries again and Mack Hollins would rather play special teams lol. They need to find a way to get J.J on the field, one coach (Groh) says he's cross training at all the WR positions, the other coach (Doug) says he can't get on the field because he's essentially Alshon's back-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

The problem is, Nelly isn't playing anywhere near what he was in 2017/2018, Alshon is being hampered by injuries again and Mack Hollins would rather play special teams lol. They need to find a way to get J.J on the field, one coach (Groh) says he's cross training at all the WR positions, the other coach (Doug) says he can't get on the field because he's essentially Alshon's back-up.

DC, the roster move of the future here .... we need the punt return spot to be handled by a speedy WR type... a guy that can come in and run a go route that Doug will actually call.... not even if he gets the target... just so Doug calls it to open up the field.   IDK, I'm noticing again ... these routes with the curves at the end instead of the sharp cuts...etc.   Too many hooks again etc.  Nothing that challenges the defense on multiple levels. crossing stuff etc.  Give me an end around and then some orbit motion ..etc.  No reverse look at all either.   Just seems to blah so far in general.    

To me, its 6 games in.... Dallas coming up... I need to see mutliple things done... I'm not worried about our WR drafting or anything else.  I actually like Mills.  He provides attitude in the back.... which our group lacks big time right now.   People want perfect, I want a guy to bring it.  You can see .. it looks like Fletcher, Carroll, Nnamdi back there... no fire.   WE like to pick on  and focus on the shortcomings... how about the old school toughness that Mills brings .. I think it will be a welcome shot in the arm.  Not a big Darby fan, but when he brings intensity on rare occasion, he was pretty good too in his role covering the speed guy.   Maddox, I like the way he battles.   Before panicking, lets get our group back to full strength... but to me the DL is still my personal concern... one injury to Cox or Graham and we go to being a really bad unit... and I'm talking about just missing a game or so, nothing serious.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

 

Yeah, too much to give up there .... and again, I think they would have had to go higher than the Rams.  Who knows if the Rams would have upped the offer if needed too?   i'll pass on a guy who doesn't play QB or on the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

DC, the roster move of the future here .... we need the punt return spot to be handled by a speedy WR type... a guy that can come in and run a go route that Doug will actually call.... not even if he gets the target... just so Doug calls it to open up the field.   IDK, I'm noticing again ... these routes with the curves at the end instead of the sharp cuts...etc.   Too many hooks again etc.  Nothing that challenges the defense on multiple levels. crossing stuff etc.  Give me an end around and then some orbit motion ..etc.  No reverse look at all either.   Just seems to blah so far in general.    

To me, its 6 games in.... Dallas coming up... I need to see mutliple things done... I'm not worried about our WR drafting or anything else.  I actually like Mills.  He provides attitude in the back.... which our group lacks big time right now.   People want perfect, I want a guy to bring it.  You can see .. it looks like Fletcher, Carroll, Nnamdi back there... no fire.   WE like to pick on  and focus on the shortcomings... how about the old school toughness that Mills brings .. I think it will be a welcome shot in the arm.  Not a big Darby fan, but when he brings intensity on rare occasion, he was pretty good too in his role covering the speed guy.   Maddox, I like the way he battles.   Before panicking, lets get our group back to full strength... but to me the DL is still my personal concern... one injury to Cox or Graham and we go to being a really bad unit... and I'm talking about just missing a game or so, nothing serious.   

I'd be interested in a guy like Robby Anderson of the Jets. The Eagles had interest last season, but the Jets wanted a 2nd round pick. I don't know what the price would be this year or even if they'd be willing to deal him at this point, had a huge game for them against the Cowboys last week.

A few guys I'm looking at in the draft, one is Henry Ruggs III, he's only 6'0 tall but he plays a lot bigger than that and has 4.25 40 speed and a great set of hands.

I think the Eagles are going to look at pass rush before the deadline, I don't have a player in mind, but I think it's something to keep an eye on.

The sky has yet to fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not really a PLUS for a RB ,more of WTH are our receivers doing and why can't we get them more involved

Sad commentary for the money we spent for receivers no?

That was my comment at the start that it is sad for our WRs never meant it as a knock on Sanders lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I'd be interested in a guy like Robby Anderson of the Jets. The Eagles had interest last season, but the Jets wanted a 2nd round pick. I don't know what the price would be this year or even if they'd be willing to deal him at this point, had a huge game for them against the Cowboys last week.

A few guys I'm looking at in the draft, one is Henry Ruggs III, he's only 6'0 tall but he plays a lot bigger than that and has 4.25 40 speed and a great set of hands.

I think the Eagles are going to look at pass rush before the deadline, I don't have a player in mind, but I think it's something to keep an eye on.

The sky has yet to fall.

Yeah he was hampered by the lack of Darnold.Getting him back made all the difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah, too much to give up there .... and again, I think they would have had to go higher than the Rams.  Who knows if the Rams would have upped the offer if needed too?   i'll pass on a guy who doesn't play QB or on the line.

Howie reportedly offered the Jags a 1st round pick as well as a 2nd, they said no. In any negotiation you have to go in with an idea of what you'll accept and if that's not met, you have to have the ability to walk away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Howie reportedly offered the Jags a 1st round pick as well as a 2nd, they said no. In any negotiation you have to go in with an idea of what you'll accept and if that's not met, you have to have the ability to walk away.

Like the CB in AZ for us,still think thats workable,but if none to be had I'd go with your pass rush choice.We need to do SOMETHING,the DL aint gettin home 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

LOL.   

Agree with your one post.Remember in 2017? We didn't have the best guys everywhere,but together they had the Phillytude that "you're not beating us".Didn't play to win,they just refused to lose and as you said we need that injection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like the CB in AZ for us,still think thats workable,but if none to be had I'd go with your pass rush choice.We need to do SOMETHING,the DL aint gettin home 

I'm not sold on Patrick Peterson and here's why. Next year he will be 30 and will be owed $12.55 million, none of which will be guaranteed, so what are you going to do? Sign a 30 year CB to a contract extension? I wouldn't be too thrilled with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now