DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Sad,I really want to beat Dullaz with the best they have.

Just a cherry on top for me. I really don't care though as long as we take both games along with division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok so we agree about not overpaying but then every player is available for a price. I just think Howie needs to do something because Sunday is make or break. We lose Sunday and realistically it's over despite being in a bad division. 

"Over? It's not over till WE say it's over" (Animal house).Key game? of course.Over? Nah.OMG 3-4 and it's the end of the world!!! Remember we have some key players that will come back and really this division could easily be won with 10 wins(maybe 9???).Technically you could win the division with 6 wins(vs division teams) if the other teams win less lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK that a move needs to be made mate.We have all the pieces.We are dropping lots of key passes and we usually come out flat and dont start playing till midway through the 2nd 1/4.Add in injuries to our top guys and,well we have issues,it's not the lack of playing pieces

But slow starts, dropping passes and injuries have plagued this team for a season and a half nearly... In fact the injuries for 3 years. This isn't just a blip.

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

"Over? It's not over till WE say it's over" (Animal house).Key game? of course.Over? Nah.OMG 3-4 and it's the end of the world!!! Remember we have some key players that will come back and really this division could easily be won with 10 wins(maybe 9???).Technically you could win the division with 6 wins(vs division teams) if the other teams win less lol

3-4 with the 4 games we have after that? With the conference record we have? Yeah it would be over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Lots of good CBs and WRs here over the years.... the stud DL idea was the one that got us the SB.   Not sure we have many times where you can say ...well the WRs and CBs won us a title.  Even Denver and Seattle had stud DLs there pressuring QBs all day long.   Not sure you find many secondaries better than that one.   Then hard to find better groups of weapons than Minn 1998 ... Pats 2007 ... Denver 2013 ... all coming up short of a title.   IDK, just seems like the other spots get the glory, but the consistency up front seem to do better towards success.  

  No doubt that a good D-Line is important. But with QB's getting rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds, you better have a CB that can cover. We don't. CB's cannot win you a SB, but Bad CB's can prevent you from getting there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We were discussing that.Is it bad coaching? bad scouting?bad scheme? A combination?There is a cracked gear in this machine somewhere

 When we won the SB, we had a better pass rush then we do now. So the CB's did not have to do as much. However, They are doing nothing right now. As I stated above on Joe's comment, these CB's are not covering anyone. They need to jam them at the LOS and get their hands on them. Maybe not hold but at least keep them close..... Maybe it is coaching. We had better find the answer soon. Word is out how to beat our Defense..... Quick 2 second release and don't bother going for your second read because no one is covering tight......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, stine said:

They need to jam them at the LOS and get their hands on them.

That's down to Schwartz though? I mean ok maybe that's as a result of him not trusting them to get up to the line because they'll get beat deep... But they can't jam anyone when they are 15 yards off the line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But slow starts, dropping passes and injuries have plagued this team for a season and a half nearly... In fact the injuries for 3 years. This isn't just a blip.

3-4 with the 4 games we have after that? With the conference record we have? Yeah it would be over. 

With the NFC East no would not be over but not going to down play the importance to this game either....Feel like winning this game essentially gives us control of our own destiny in terms of winning the East vs if we lose going to need some help along the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stine said:

  No doubt that a good D-Line is important. But with QB's getting rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds, you better have a CB that can cover. We don't. CB's cannot win you a SB, but Bad CB's can prevent you from getting there.

 

This comes back to a point I’ve asked plenty of your playing guys off 8-10 yards every play we setting ourselves up to get beat short with the quick passing game ie eliminating the pass rush.....Yet even when team are attacking us deep our pass rush still can’t seem to find a way to get home.

End of the day Schwartz and the whole D unit all need to play better 

Our only really good D showing was vs a winless Jets team with the backup QB that got zero reps with the starter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's down to Schwartz though? I mean ok maybe that's as a result of him not trusting them to get up to the line because they'll get beat deep... But they can't jam anyone when they are 15 yards off the line. 

  Swartz is responsible for putting the players in a position to succeed. Yes it is his responsibility, but who is the CB coach? What technique is he teaching? I watch other teams CB's and they always have their hands on the WR's to help keep them close. We never lay a hand on anyone, or haven't when I was watching. We simply give them a free release and try to cover them, which is next to impossible. You give a fast WR a free release and he is 40 yards down the field in 2.5 seconds..... Think about it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stine said:

You give a fast WR a free release and he is 40 yards down the field in 2.5 seconds..... Think about it...

Yeah but hang on... how can they put their hands on a receiver? That's PI all day long with the league as it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah but hang on... how can they put their hands on a receiver? That's PI all day long with the league as it is. 

  Did you watch GB's CB's Monday? King had his hands on the WR every play. He did not grab him, just laid into him a bit. Just enough to not get a flag...He played right in his face at the LOS and hung with him for 3-4 seconds. That is enough time to allow the D-Line to get to the QB.... He got called for Holding once I think.... A Good trade off if you ask me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stine said:

  Did you watch GB's CB's Monday? King had his hands on the WR every play. He did not grab him, just laid into him a bit. Just enough to not get a flag...He played right in his face at the LOS and hung with him for 3-4 seconds. That is enough time to allow the D-Line to get to the QB.... He got called for Holding once I think.... A Good trade off if you ask me...

The DBs can't get their hands on the receiver though because they are sat so far off the line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We do a variety of defensive coverages. But when we have the corner off the line of scrimmage a ways like that it’s usually in a Cover Four or Quarters coverage situation. In that situation we are asking the corner to just not get beat deep. Sadly they can’t even accomplish that. Kind of feel like Schwartz is trying to protect the corners. We aren’t giving up runs. So it really feels like we need to just not give up big plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But slow starts, dropping passes and injuries have plagued this team for a season and a half nearly... In fact the injuries for 3 years. This isn't just a blip.

3-4 with the 4 games we have after that? With the conference record we have? Yeah it would be over. 

Easier last 1/2 schedule than Dullaz.it's not over by a long stretch,But go ahead,give up now,pack your jerseys away lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We do a variety of defensive coverages. But when we have the corner off the line of scrimmage a ways like that it’s usually in a Cover Four or Quarters coverage situation. In that situation we are asking the corner to just not get beat deep. Sadly they can’t even accomplish that. Kind of feel like Schwartz is trying to protect the corners. We aren’t giving up runs. So it really feels like we need to just not give up big plays.

We don’t vary our coverage that much our CB spend a lot of time off coverage. Schwartz has used little more close coverage recently but that is about as much as our blitzes with him not that often.

If you want to protect the CBs then would make more sense force WRs to run longer routes giving more time to your pass rush to get home....Pretty simple logic. Yet playing off coverage to allow the quick passing game takes away the strength of supposedly our best unit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But slow starts, dropping passes and injuries have plagued this team for a season and a half nearly... In fact the injuries for 3 years. This isn't just a blip.

3-4 with the 4 games we have after that? With the conference record we have? Yeah it would be over. 

So signing other players is a "sure thing" passes wont be dropped?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

With the NFC East no would not be over but not going to down play the importance to this game either....Feel like winning this game essentially gives us control of our own destiny in terms of winning the East vs if we lose going to need some help along the way.

IDk this is an away game,the next is a home game,so if we split we're still in good shape.I don't see this game as the death of a season lol. Important,sure,then again all inter division games are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We do a variety of defensive coverages. But when we have the corner off the line of scrimmage a ways like that it’s usually in a Cover Four or Quarters coverage situation. In that situation we are asking the corner to just not get beat deep. Sadly they can’t even accomplish that. Kind of feel like Schwartz is trying to protect the corners. We aren’t giving up runs. So it really feels like we need to just not give up big plays.

IDK bud,I see teams needing 3rd and 6 and our guys are 8 yards off.Is this rocket science?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDk this is an away game,the next is a home game,so if we split we're still in good shape.I don't see this game as the death of a season lol. Important,sure,then again all inter division games are

Never said death of the season lol just think it gives us better control of the season or at least the East. Especially with us always having the Packers W in our back pocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing to add is Dallas has won the last 3 against us so kind of important we get some confidence back against them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Never said death of the season lol just think it gives us better control of the season or at least the East. Especially with us always having the Packers W in our back pocket

Better record is stating the obvious,but they have home field this game(although we play better at ATT than at home apparently) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stine said:

One thing to add is Dallas has won the last 3 against us so kind of important we get some confidence back against them

I want control of the East and complete control of our season....If we up on Dallas and lead the East can’t blame anyone but us if we lose that control 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stine said:

One thing to add is Dallas has won the last 3 against us so kind of important we get some confidence back against them

Both teams are beat up.IDK if Djax and Coop are playing.Someone needs to take out Vander-Esch too

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I want control of the East and complete control of our season....If we up on Dallas and lead the East can’t blame anyone but us if we lose that control 

Lets talk about "controlling" the NFCE AFTER the Pats game K? We don't control what Dullaz does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Better record is stating the obvious,but they have home field this game(although we play better at ATT than at home apparently) 

Lmao your missing the point all together. Dallas would take the lead in the record also be 3-0 in the division likely not going to lose to the Giants/Skins(the 2nd matchups)

So then not only would we have to keep a similar or better record to the Boys would then also have to beat them at home later in the year.

on top of that would have to possibly win another tie breaker if we have a similar record say both 10-6(say both teams go 5-1 in the division)

Would have to rely on our conference record similar opponents and with L to Vikings and Lions already not in a good spot there.

so no  it the end of our season but again this a W this week makes for a much easier time the rest of the season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Both teams are beat up.IDK if Djax and Coop are playing.Someone needs to take out Vander-Esch too

Lets talk about "controlling" the NFCE AFTER the Pats game K? We don't control what Dullaz does

NE does nothing against us lol so what we lose to NE....We beat Dallas we lose to NE Dallas wins next guess wha we are both 4-4 an we still in control we have the W vs them lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now