DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We are in control you just don’t get it....What don’t we control with the W....Do we not control if we win games or not????? Or does Dallas effect if we win those games lol 

No we have a slight advantage thats a far cry from control.I suppose we are arguing over semantics.Control to me means you can prevent another team from winning the division and I dont see that in week 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Will disagree with you also,every team in the league controls their own destiny every week.IMO it's too early to talk about control,season is over with a loss or any other pie eyed dream.There are LOTS of games left and as you said Dullaz is no juggernaut,neither are we.lets wait and see where we are in week 14

Lmao still don’t get it hence my extreme example of both teams winning out till our final game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No we have a slight advantage thats a far cry from control.I suppose we are arguing over semantics.Control to me means you can prevent another team from winning the division and I dont see that in week 7

We can prevent them from winning the division lol we have the lead and the better record we keep winning Dallas has no chance...IE CONTROL!!!!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao still don’t get it hence my extreme example of both teams winning out till our final game. 

Extreme.Anyone can do extremes,lets try reality. I will bet neither us or Dullaz wins out

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We can prevent them from winning the division lol we have the lead and the better record we keep winning Dallas has no chance...IE CONTROL!!!!!!!! 

so we go 4-3,them 3-4,so you are ASSUMING we will win the same amount of games left as Dullaz.I need your crystal ball,it's AWESOME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to just take 1 week at a time? I mean without calling for seasons end with a loss,or a shoe in for the division with a win? I mean this may be true in week 15 or 16,but week 7??? please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We can prevent them from winning the division lol we have the lead and the better record we keep winning Dallas has no chance...IE CONTROL!!!!!!!! 

no that once again is a slight advantage,thats ALL it is at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Is it possible to just take 1 week at a time? I mean without calling for seasons end with a loss,or a shoe in for the division with a win?

Nobody called for season end lmao only you I taking it that way I’m just calling control of the East which we would have as the leader simple logic lol....Never assumed what happened after but as long as we win we stay in control Dallas does not effect if we win or lose games each week 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

no that once again is a slight advantage,thats ALL it is at this point

Lmao fine you call it a slight advantage I call it control(because that what it is) and we will leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Nobody called for season end lmao only you I taking it that way I’m just calling control of the East which we would have as the leader simple logic lol....Never assumed what happened after but as long as we win we stay in control Dallas does not effect if we win or lose games each week 

Lmao fine you call it a slight advantage I call it control(because that what it is) and we will leave it at that.

ok win this week and we're a shoe in for the division-Amazing insight.You are very talented

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

ok win this week and we're a shoe in for the division-Amazing insight.You are very talented

Never said that said we have control yet again lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao your missing the point all together. Dallas would take the lead in the record also be 3-0 in the division likely not going to lose to the Giants/Skins(the 2nd matchups)

So then not only would we have to keep a similar or better record to the Boys would then also have to beat them at home later in the year.

on top of that would have to possibly win another tie breaker if we have a similar record say both 10-6(say both teams go 5-1 in the division)

Would have to rely on our conference record similar opponents and with L to Vikings and Lions already not in a good spot there.

so no  it the end of our season but again this a W this week makes for a much easier time the rest of the season.

 

Tiebreakers... head to head, division record, common opponents... that is 14games.  The 2 that don't count... Seattle and Atlanta.... for them .. Saints and Rams.     So a Jets loss for them counts just as much as a Lions loss.... until the next tiebreaker.... conference.   Which means if we are tied all the way through... but they have worse record vs AFC East... it would mean they have better NFC record.  

A win here to me is a big thing in the division because their road would be uphill.  Plus it keeps alive a shot at doing better than a 4 seed.  A loss pretty much puts the ceiling as the #4 seed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

It's not control,it's a small ADVANTAGE.You control NOTHING win or lose because we dont control what Dullaz does

He is saying that if we win and go ahead... then you don't have to worry about what Dallas does... you win your games and you stay ahead.   Very easy concept. The team that is behind needs help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Will disagree with you also,every team in the league controls their own destiny every week.IMO it's too early to talk about control,season is over with a loss or any other pie eyed dream.There are LOTS of games left and as you said Dullaz is no juggernaut,neither are we.lets wait and see where we are in week 14

See... you are thinking this post was from BG?   One guy saying one thing,  another guy saying something else.  Lol.   I was telling UK that's why a loss wouldn't be the death of the season.   Not sure how you agree and disagree at the same time????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No we have a slight advantage thats a far cry from control.I suppose we are arguing over semantics.Control to me means you can prevent another team from winning the division and I dont see that in week 7

But you kinda can do it if you just win your games... the losing team will need to rely on the other team losing one more time than you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s important to not just look from our perspective but also the enemies. Dallas needs this win bad. They are on a bad losing streak after being undefeated. If they lose the wheels might just fall off their bus. The infighting will start. Rumors and finger pointing will run rampant. We could end them potentially right here and now.

  On the flip side a win for Dallas would be the perfect ‘get right.’ Could fix everything that ailes them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Extreme.Anyone can do extremes,lets try reality. I will bet neither us or Dullaz wins out

so we go 4-3,them 3-4,so you are ASSUMING we will win the same amount of games left as Dullaz.I need your crystal ball,it's AWESOME

Agree on the 1st part...  I think we will win more games afterwards though.  Their schedule is 7 tough games in a row with no bye... we have 4 more left with a bye in between.  

That is why I think it's more important for them to win this game.  I think it's easier for us to make up ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So signing other players is a "sure thing" passes wont be dropped?

No but it's a something. An injection. A much needed additional piece to an offense that's inconsistent and not performing anywhere near as well as they can or even should be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

ok win this week and we're a shoe in for the division-Amazing insight.You are very talented

But why do you put words in his mouth. A point was made... you take it to extreme.  Why?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yes... we agree to disagree... mostly because of how bad the Skins and Giants are... and the particular matchups.  Normally I would tend to agree... just not this year with these particular teams. Trends don't work every year,  sometimes the opponent is just that bad...these teams are.

Jets are terrible but how did they get on last week? Division games are funny games, they can't be counted as a W like the Miami game can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s important to not just look from our perspective but also the enemies. Dallas needs this win bad. They are on a bad losing streak after being undefeated. If they lose the wheels might just fall off their bus. The infighting will start. Rumors and finger pointing will run rampant. We could end them potentially right here and now.

  On the flip side a win for Dallas would be the perfect ‘get right.’ Could fix everything that ailes them.

100%

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No but it's a something. An injection. A much needed additional piece to an offense that's inconsistent and not performing anywhere near as well as they can or even should be. 

Like DeSean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Jets are terrible but how did they get on last week? Division games are funny games, they can't be counted as a W like the Miami game can.

Jets got a starting QB back playing a reeling Dallas team at home.  A missed 4th down followed by a 92 yard pass turned the game around in 2 plays. 

It's not division..  which is your theory...because they are division games is why you think we may lose.

Imo.. not this year, those 2 teams are way worse than the Jets with Darnold playing at home.   Wash won because the Dolphins put in a BS 2 point conversion play at the end.  They were not better than Miami.  NYG has brutal defense that we match up with very well over the years.  They may score some on us, they haven't been able to stop us with better defensive players.  They will be playing for draft slot by that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Jets are terrible but how did they get on last week? Division games are funny games, they can't be counted as a W like the Miami game can.

The injuries are always the X factor though.  But no denying that tough gauntlet Dallas has to go through from week 10 - 16! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No but it's a something. An injection. A much needed additional piece to an offense that's inconsistent and not performing anywhere near as well as they can or even should be. 

So you're gonna pay more people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on... we injected the CFL LB and got rid of the overpaid underachieving vet who didn't fit in.  Moves are being made !!!!!   Mills will help too... regardless of how anyone wants to critique his play, the dude plays hard and with passion.  With the goalie mentality, get burned then go right back at it.  That all plays in a little.  Also... not every team has Diggs and Theilen... playing at home with no weather and their QB just called out by the opponent...with Dalvin Cook as a priority to worry about.   sometimes matchups make it seem worse.  You win or you lose... either way you learn and move on.    Big game Sunday night!  The game we all wait for each year.  Minnesota will be forgotten either way on Monday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Phins shopping their RB Drake now

So are you thinking the CB could be next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now