DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m thinking it’s been Fire Sale all along

Both Cowboys Tackles practiced today

I agree with the fire sale... don't think anyone doubts it.   Just that it seems Howard is the one guy they want to keep and he wants to stay?   

37 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So you're gonna pay more people?

It's not about paying more though it's about paying the right people. We paid Agholor $9M, what a freaking waste. 

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

But why do you put words in his mouth. A point was made... you take it to extreme.  Why?  

We controlled our own destiny technically starting with game 1.And you are assuming if we beat them we will win the exact same amount of remaining games they will and all I am saying is thats highly unlikely.If we beat them,lose the remaining games and they win 2 more,they win the division yes?IMO it's too soon to talk about control.Can we win some games first??? Is beating them an advantage?certainly,but in my view controlling your competitive destiny comes at the end when it matters the most.Can we get there before we talk about control??? All we control right now is winning or losing this game 

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's not about paying more though it's about paying the right people. We paid Agholor $9M, what a freaking waste. 

Welp if you know who the "right people" are,there's a job waiting for you at Novacare my friend.All you can do is the best you can do.Getting Djax back will help.IDK,if he had 15 TD's and 600 yards at this point would you feel it's a waste? Noone can predict the future

Think Miami is miffed because other teams are challenging them for pick 1 lol.so yeah lets lose the rest of this team

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

All we control right now is winning or losing this game 

Right ... you can only control the games you play.   so if you are in a lead, you don't have to worry about the teams behind you... you control your own games.    Pretty much obvious that it was the pointBG was making .... arguing on technicality here is kinda ... not really worth it.  

Techincally the Redskins can still win the division... but if they win out, they could still not win unless the teams in front of them lose.  Doesn't really need to be stated .....    but I'm with you, as it seems BG is... big game coming up.   

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Think Miami is miffed because other teams are challenging them for pick 1 lol.so yeah lets lose the rest of this team

what did you think of that lame 2 point conversion attempt?????    Talk about trying to lose????   

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right ... you can only control the games you play.   so if you are in a lead, you don't have to worry about the teams behind you... you control your own games.    Pretty much obvious that it was the pointBG was making .... arguing on technicality here is kinda ... not really worth it.  

Techincally the Redskins can still win the division... but if they win out, they could still not win unless the teams in front of them lose.  Doesn't really need to be stated .....    but I'm with you, as it seems BG is... big game coming up.   

what did you think of that lame 2 point conversion attempt?????    Talk about trying to lose????   

Yeah see to me and obviously I am a party of one,the Control your destiny game happens in week 16 when we play them again,even if we lose sunday.We're not even 1/2 way through the season lol.Until week 16 a win tomorrow is an advantage.Either way,I think we will be up a game or 2 by week 16,which puts pressure on THEM,especially if we win this one

If we win,I agree with(whomever said it maybe Ham) this will begin the finger pointing in DUllaz.Losing 4 in a row would be cause for cowboy fans heads to explode lol.I'd like to make that happen

Right now IDK,think Miami will give away everyone for a draft pick.Apparently they think you can win with 53 rookies(Browns of the south????)

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah see to me and obviously I am a party of one,the Control your destiny game happens in week 16 when we play them again,even if we lose sunday.We're not even 1/2 way through the season lol.Until week 16 a win tomorrow is an advantage.Either way,I think we will be up a game or 2 by week 16,which puts pressure on THEM,especially if we win this one

So two different things ... if we win or if we lose.   If we lose ... I agree, not the end of the world... because we play them again week 16, we can beat them there.     If we win... the control part means... then we beat them again...etc.  Granted its a long way to go, but the idea is the scoreboard watching isn't as important as taking care of your own business.   Yeah its early ... we know that.  But it will be nice to not have to keep relying on a loss from Dallas, just knowing we win and we stay in front.  

I'm heading to Buffalo.... want this win ,so I can relax and know regardless of win or lose, the standings will remain with the Eagles on top.  The win just puts the extra half game lead into play... meaning we go into the bye week in 1st place.  Makes the 7 hour drive each way a little more enjoyable.  

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So two different things ... if we win or if we lose.   If we lose ... I agree, not the end of the world... because we play them again week 16, we can beat them there.     If we win... the control part means... then we beat them again...etc.  Granted its a long way to go, but the idea is the scoreboard watching isn't as important as taking care of your own business.   Yeah its early ... we know that.  But it will be nice to not have to keep relying on a loss from Dallas, just knowing we win and we stay in front.  

I'm heading to Buffalo.... want this win ,so I can relax and know regardless of win or lose, the standings will remain with the Eagles on top.  The win just puts the extra half game lead into play... meaning we go into the bye week in 1st place.  Makes the 7 hour drive each way a little more enjoyable.  

yeah the whole thing is about my personal definitions of "control" vs 'advantage" IMO they are 2 different things,so it's just my personal view and maybe you define them differently.NP to each his own

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

LMAO I was almost tempted to go to the birds game in Miami.if I did it would only be for autographs since the best HS team in miami can beat them.game tix for the skins game were 16.00 lmao 2 beers and a hotdog at the stadium cost more HAHA

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Definitely will be at the nest.Should be nearly as insane as the SB party

Look at it this way ... we win... say DeSean doesn't play ... to me... you can then let him rest a little longer.  

I look at our health and schedule ... a win vs Dallas and a split of the other two before the bye.   I realize the Pats and Seattle come next, but that bye will be so welcome.  Get the guys back... then go play.  

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yeah the whole thing is about my personal definitions of "control" vs 'advantage" IMO they are 2 different things,so it's just my personal view and maybe you define them differently.NP to each his own

IDK... advantage ... homefield... and easier opponent.   Control .... meaning only waht you do matters if you take care of your own stuff... where as in addition to having to take care of your business, you need outside help.  

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Look at it this way ... we win... say DeSean doesn't play ... to me... you can then let him rest a little longer.  

I look at our health and schedule ... a win vs Dallas and a split of the other two before the bye.   I realize the Pats and Seattle come next, but that bye will be so welcome.  Get the guys back... then go play.  

I would REALLY prefer we use him "sparingly" I was also really hoping Jjaw would step up,but he hasn't.Not that he is the speed freak,but would make me feel better about playing Djax as little as possible

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LMAO I was almost tempted to go to the birds game in Miami.if I did it would only be for autographs since the best HS team in miami can beat them.game tix for the skins game were 16.00 lmao 2 beers and a hotdog at the stadium cost more HAHA

I'll be there too.   Did this one totally wrong... we missed early tickets waiting for stuff to happen with friends ... then got them like wee one at the peak.   could get them now for less than a case of beer.. probably both of them by then!   

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Does a win or loss change your attitude about making a trade this season before the deadline?

Not to me.if the player can help us,then you get him if the price is right

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Does a win or loss change your attitude about making a trade this season before the deadline?

It shouldn't ... if the goal is to do more than win the division.   But still has to be the right player  for the right price.  i'm not making a trade just to make a trade.  

11 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'll be there too.   Did this one totally wrong... we missed early tickets waiting for stuff to happen with friends ... then got them like wee one at the peak.   could get them now for less than a case of beer.. probably both of them by then!   

Ok your coming to Miami?.I would have to board my 5 dogs,but maybe I will go.IDK.it's tough deaf cause if I break down I can't call anyone.WOuld be super cool though to put a face to the name

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I would REALLY prefer we use him "sparingly" I was also really hoping Jjaw would step up,but he hasn't.Not that he is the speed freak,but would make me feel better about playing Djax as little as possible

I think the total rest if he needs it... a few plays, he still has to run and cut hard.  Don't need that, let it heal if at all possible.  Really NE game week 11 if it meant it was completely healed and done, I could live with that.  If we win Sunday makes that easier to handle

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think the total rest if he needs it... a few plays, he still has to run and cut hard.  Don't need that, let it heal if at all possible.  Really NE game week 11 if it meant it was completely healed and done, I could live with that.  If we win Sunday makes that easier to handle

IDK I would toss him in a few plays.It's been a long time he's played in a real game.You can practice but it's not the same and we could use him to throw different looks at them.IDK tough call,don't need him re-injured.ped will decide