DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

19 minutes ago, trini said:

I am just not seeing a very competitive team we get Jernigan back, Cox doesn’t looks like Cox. I get all the injuries. I just don’t see an imagination with thisOffense or D. Our LB are probably better STplayers funny thing I saw LJ Fort making big plays for Baltimore today. Maybe we need to think about moving players like Cox get Draft Capital. We suck.... humiliating.

Draft capital? Lol with how we've been drafting?

20 minutes ago, trini said:

I am just not seeing a very competitive team we get Jernigan back, Cox doesn’t looks like Cox. I get all the injuries. I just don’t see an imagination with thisOffense or D. Our LB are probably better STplayers funny thing I saw LJ Fort making big plays for Baltimore today. Maybe we need to think about moving players like Cox get Draft Capital. We suck.... humiliating.

But I agree with you, unless Cox is playing injured and isn't telling anyone then we should look to move him. Taking way too many plays off

How did Mills look tonight to everyone????     I thought pretty good.   Dak threw a dime to Cooper on that one where he just missed it.  He made tackles...etc.  I think he looked better than  "Zul" (everyone's favorite CB)   How about a Cliff Harris with a 4th round pick playing slot, then Darby comes back healthy... not a bad 3 CB combo there.... with a little attitude.    Not sure that does much to help us get sacks though.  

According to PFF our DL ... blah blah blah.... according to EYE ... it ain't doing much.  

I'm back.I can't stand it. "dominant" D line ISN'T. Oline is not even average.Ramsey wouldn't have helped. WR's-overpaid posers.RB's "average" due to no O line. Zeke-we made impact at the LOS and he carries everyone for 8 yards-Bush league play.Can't even execute the fundamentals.Glad they all have new suits and look great flying home!! Maybe someday,they will decide to play football 

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

How did Mills look tonight to everyone????     I thought pretty good.   Dak threw a dime to Cooper on that one where he just missed it.  He made tackles...etc.  I think he looked better than  "Zul" (everyone's favorite CB)   How about a Cliff Harris with a 4th round pick playing slot, then Darby comes back healthy... not a bad 3 CB combo there.... with a little attitude.    Not sure that does much to help us get sacks though.  

According to PFF our DL ... blah blah blah.... according to EYE ... it ain't doing much.  

Mills was ok,I'm sure there was rust there.He hasn't played for so long.Still,there is WAY more wrong with this team than I thought.I will cut mills some slack ONCE,but there is no excuse for everyone else

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Mills was ok,I'm sure there was rust there.He hasn't played for so long.Still,there is WAY more wrong with this team than I thought.I will cut mills some slack ONCE,but there is no excuse for everyone else

What do you have to cut him slack on?   One play getting beat with a dime?   

At this point,I'm not real sure we can beat Miami 

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

What do you have to cut him slack on?   One play getting beat with a dime?   

Yeah you cant defense those perfectly placed balls,I mean he was ok the for the rest.Maybe the only thing that was "ok".Douglas was trash

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

At this point,I'm not real sure we can beat Miami 

Yeah you cant defense those percetly placed balls,I mean he was ok the for the rest.Maybe the only thing that was "ok"

Yeah, I thought he was pretty good, not really just ok.   

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Only bright spot.Now that the rust is off like to see picks like he had before.BUT IDK,we were exposed badly tonight

Once again no name players making names for themselves at our expense.Anyone hear of Jarwin before tonight? Can't even cover old man Witten

This is a loss on everyone.  We've got the guys to bounce back but better execution and protecting the football are the keys.  Tough one to lose especially when you shoot yourself in the foot.  Hard one to take.  These guys need a tough as nails practice and to go out and decimate a team.  We don't have that "killer attitude."  My HS coach always drilled into our heads that the team your playing doesn't deserve to be on the filed with you and you go out and show them that.  Tough loss, take it and remember it and move on.  Dwelling on it in practice is good.  Show some true grit for a change and take it into the game that way. 

7 minutes ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

This is a loss on everyone.  We've got the guys to bounce back but better execution and protecting the football are the keys.  Tough one to lose especially when you shoot yourself in the foot.  Hard one to take.  These guys need a tough as nails practice and to go out and decimate a team.  We don't have that "killer attitude."  My HS coach always drilled into our heads that the team your playing doesn't deserve to be on the filed with you and you go out and show them that.  Tough loss, take it and remember it and move on.  Dwelling on it in practice is good.  Show some true grit for a change and take it into the game that way. 

Their arrival suits looked AWESOME!!!! They win "best dressed" so no need to play football.Making millions and could care less.Getting kicked and smiling on the sidelines.Overpaid posers

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Their arrival suits looked AWESOME!!!! They win "best dressed" so no need to play football.Making millions and could care less.Getting kicked and smiling on the sidelines.Overpaid posers

They definitely strike me as a team who turn up to games thinking they've won. I don't know what it is but something seems off.

Lane Johnson says there is no discipline in the locker room. Ags makes no effort on the long TD pass in the 4th. He should be a healthy scratch next week. Maybe we are just not as good as we all thought. I now have no playoff expectations for this team.....  It is not the loss. It is how they played in a game that was huge for both teams.

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

The problem with Mills with all the love for his Competitive Spirit. He has below average physical skills. and is just not able to stay with elite talent...so yes he looked more cable than the rest but he doesn’t scare anybody.

7 hours ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

Do we really have the guys to bounce back from this ? Did the coaches that won us a SB still on this team or did  they go to Indy. That comment was not entirely fair to Peedy...one would think after being humiliated in Minnesota last week  and all the promises Doug and the players made, they would do their jobs. I hnow free agency isn’t over but Howie gotta realize teams are not getting fleeced anymore...there have been several above average talents that have come available and we continue to sit on the sidelines waiting to compete for the old second teir stars while the young superstars go to our rivals . I guess we are Smarter than everyone else that is why we can’t seem to be able to Draft CB’s and we don’t value LB....We Under bid on Amari Cooper, under bid on Ramsey under bid on Patrick Peterson. We talking about money and resources...

How are the Rams able to do what we seem unwilling and unable to do .I am clearly overreacting, Not feeling Doug’s BS that this loss is on me the HC... We knew this teams shortcomings in pre-Season Jeff Laurie can’t be happy with this product.

Not much to be said that you guys haven/t already covered.

This team just isn't good. Maybe too many players that don't care as long as their paycheck doesn't bounce.

Well at least we got one SB win.

1 hour ago, trini said:

The problem with Mills with all the love for his Competitive Spirit. He has below average physical skills. and is just not able to stay with elite talent...so yes he looked more cable than the rest but he doesn’t scare anybody.

Do we really have the guys to bounce back from this ? Did the coaches that won us a SB still on this team or did  they go to Indy. That comment was not entirely fair to Peedy...one would think after being humiliated in Minnesota last week  and all the promises Doug and the players made, they would do their jobs. I hnow free agency isn’t over but Howie gotta realize teams are not getting fleeced anymore...there have been several above average talents that have come available and we continue to sit on the sidelines waiting to compete for the old second teir stars while the young superstars go to our rivals . I guess we are Smarter than everyone else that is why we can’t seem to be able to Draft CB’s and we don’t value LB....We Under bid on Amari Cooper, under bid on Ramsey under bid on Patrick Peterson. We talking about money and resources...

How are the Rams able to do what we seem unwilling and unable to do .I am clearly overreacting, Not feeling Doug’s BS that this loss is on me the HC... We knew this teams shortcomings in pre-Season Jeff Laurie can’t be happy with this product.

Well Said Trini. Everyone in the Front office needs to take a long look in the mirror, starting with Jeff L.... All the way down. Looking at the effort Indy has every week it does make you wonder who made things happen two years ago.....

10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah... those INTs when down 20 just kill you!

Lmao going a bit to the extreme and I understand why they happen but our guys put us in those spots was more my point 

This O has no identity. This WR corps we invested so much into has been dreadful nobody is making plays. OL and RBs have been decent want to see us lean more heavily on Howard but guess that is tough when your down by trailing by 10 or more points every week 

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

This O has no identity. This WR corps we invested so much into has been dreadful nobody is making plays. OL and RBs have been decent want to see us lean more heavily on Howard but guess that is tough when your down by trailing by 10 or more points every week 

Oh it has an identity alright. One that's dull, boring, tries to be methodical but doesn't have the discipline or execution to be. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh it has an identity alright. One that's dull, boring, tries to be methodical but doesn't have the discipline or execution to be. 

That the issue we don’t have the guys to be methodical all the time on a consistent basis and we don’t have the guy or guys to give us some quick strike ability either....Not sure what Doug needs to do but him Groh Wentz and the rest of the O need to go back to the drawing board.