DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

That the issue we don’t have the guys to be methodical all the time on a consistent basis and we don’t have the guy or guys to give us some quick strike ability either....Not sure what Doug needs to do but him Groh Wentz and the rest of the O need to go back to the drawing board. 

It's a really hard thing to do even if you're well drilled and disciplined. 10 or so plays every drive is giving the opposing D chances to sack, strip sack, intercept or for fumbles to occur. And when you are down you don't want to go on long clock consuming drives. And we have receivers who have lots of drops and lots of lapses.

Worse yet extremely tough stretch of games

5-1 Buffalo team next week on the road 

Bears team is the easiest game we have but they still have a stout D 

NE nothing really needs to be said about them 

5-2 Seattle who we always play like crap though at least this game is in Philly.

8 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

This O has no identity. This WR corps we invested so much into has been dreadful nobody is making plays. OL and RBs have been decent want to see us lean more heavily on Howard but guess that is tough when your down by trailing by 10 or more points every week 

Early in the game Howard was blasting 4 and 5 yd runs... Suddenly Miles Sanders  is in the game... I get Peedy love Miles versatility....and want him on the field...but at that time Howard was establishing some tempo...Sanders while  returning kicks was making poor choices instead of taking a knee he brought the ball out twice when he should of taken a knee and lost yards. Howard was becoming effective when we decided to put in the versatile Sanders who proceeded to give us 2 yd plays that changed the Tempo. Like Big Red we continue to outsmart ourselves use the Hammer the obvious tool...NOT US we’re toooo smart to use what was working.

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's a really hard thing to do even if you're well drilled and disciplined. 10 or so plays every drive is giving the opposing D chances to sack, strip sack, intercept or for fumbles to occur. And when you are down you don't want to go on long clock consuming drives. And we have receivers who have lots of drops and lots of lapses.

The whole team starting with the Coaches are having lapses...No one fears our WR. And since Peedy May say ... he wants to run the ball...but his use of Howard vs Sanders really says he wants Carson throwing the ball. This Eagle team is NOT a young inexperienced team...this is a team still has in name a Championship core. This team has a proven Championship makeup, is it unreasonable to expect .... hell ... to demand some semblance of a competitive gene from the players ...that were paid well to remain on the team... Really trying to let out my frustration...My whole week is ruined losing like this against those Stinking Cowitches.

2 minutes ago, trini said:

ball...but his use of Howard vs Sanders really says he wants Carson throwing the ball. This Eagle team is NOT a young inexperienced team..

If he wants Carson throwing the ball why did Carson barely throw yesterday? Why did he turn to the run so much despite being down multiple scores?

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If he wants Carson throwing the ball why did Carson barely throw yesterday? Why did he turn to the run so much despite being down multiple scores?

I think those low stats reflect more our failures in executing our passing offense. Than Peedy not turning the game into a pass, pass, pass, to win...Peedy stated he had to pass more in the second half because of the hole the offense had dug with those early TO. An obvious retort for the offenses continuing failures. 

3 minutes ago, trini said:

I think those low stats reflect more our failures in executing our passing offense. Than Peedy not turning the game into a pass, pass, pass, to win...Peedy stated he had to pass more in the second half because of the hole the offense had dug with those early TO. An obvious retort for the offenses continuing failures. 

Did he? I missed him say that but actually it's kind of BS... No ok I'll give him that it's not, he called 18 pass plays in the second half though most of those were after the game was out of sight. 

Here is a thought.  The OL is two years older... not as good at the moment. The DL is 2 years older, not as good at the moment.  

Also... we seem to be playing offense with 10 guys.  Torrey Smith  ... we miss you buddy... getting zero from a #2 WR spot, playing with 4 skill guys on the field instead of 5.

Coach needing to mix in the RBs instead  of a clear Howard on early downs and Sanders on passing downs.  Playaction would be nice .

Team needs to get healthy ... the season is old school Andy Reid... we can get the 4th seed by winning a crappy division or not make the playoffs at all. 

Shooting for the bronze medal again!

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They definitely strike me as a team who turn up to games thinking they've won. I don't know what it is but something seems off.

Many things are off.IMO it was a professional display of lackadaisical ineptitude

3 hours ago, stine said:

Lane Johnson says there is no discipline in the locker room. Ags makes no effort on the long TD pass in the 4th. He should be a healthy scratch next week. Maybe we are just not as good as we all thought. I now have no playoff expectations for this team.....  It is not the loss. It is how they played in a game that was huge for both teams.

Yep our "vaunted D line" is invisible. our "juggernaut" O fails to perform every week.Back to the future- the .500 AR years.Dallas is an "average" team and we made them look like contenders

2 hours ago, trini said:

The problem with Mills with all the love for his Competitive Spirit. He has below average physical skills. and is just not able to stay with elite talent...so yes he looked more cable than the rest but he doesn’t scare anybody.

Do we really have the guys to bounce back from this ? Did the coaches that won us a SB still on this team or did  they go to Indy. That comment was not entirely fair to Peedy...one would think after being humiliated in Minnesota last week  and all the promises Doug and the players made, they would do their jobs. I hnow free agency isn’t over but Howie gotta realize teams are not getting fleeced anymore...there have been several above average talents that have come available and we continue to sit on the sidelines waiting to compete for the old second teir stars while the young superstars go to our rivals . I guess we are Smarter than everyone else that is why we can’t seem to be able to Draft CB’s and we don’t value LB....We Under bid on Amari Cooper, under bid on Ramsey under bid on Patrick Peterson. We talking about money and resources...

How are the Rams able to do what we seem unwilling and unable to do .I am clearly overreacting, Not feeling Doug’s BS that this loss is on me the HC... We knew this teams shortcomings in pre-Season Jeff Laurie can’t be happy with this product.

We tried the dream team,didn't work and 2-3 guys with HUGE price tags aren't going to do it all while spending everything you have.That's foolishness

1 hour ago, stine said:

Well Said Trini. Everyone in the Front office needs to take a long look in the mirror, starting with Jeff L.... All the way down. Looking at the effort Indy has every week it does make you wonder who made things happen two years ago.....

Said MANY times I missed Reich lol

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh it has an identity alright. One that's dull, boring, tries to be methodical but doesn't have the discipline or execution to be. 

Welp summed that up in 1 sentence.I have nothing to add to this lol

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

That the issue we don’t have the guys to be methodical all the time on a consistent basis and we don’t have the guy or guys to give us some quick strike ability either....Not sure what Doug needs to do but him Groh Wentz and the rest of the O need to go back to the drawing board.

Drawing boards are for off season.We're 7 weeks in and they still don't know what they are doing

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

This whole Eagles team needs to have a meeting and light a fire under each other asses....Hold guys more accountable. 

Nah just go out together and buy more new suits,that seems to be the only time they work together

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because our receivers are overpaid posers.I can save the Eagles alot of money.For a meager 2 mil a year I can be as invisible as AG

Nelson Agholor-aka NA -aka Not Applicable lmao. Not like Alshon was lighting it up either.One of our main weapons(Ertz) is posting rook numbers.This is truly sad!!!! In some leagues I even pulled Ertz(3 fantasy points) and put in Waller(OAK-24 points) Yep it's that bad now.Through 7 weeks Ertz has 1 TD.Pitiful

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Drawing boards are for off season.We're 7 weeks in and they still don't know what they are doing

Your right that is the job of the offseason but clearly what we have isn’t working so we have to go back to the drawing board....Or keep doing what we are doing now having no O 

4 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Your right that is the job of the offseason but clearly what we have isn’t working so we have to go back to the drawing board....Or keep doing what we are doing now having no O 

It worked fine at Lambeau.After that everyone seems to be sitting on their laurels(and for their sake I hope the spikes are still there)

After the 2 costly screw-ups,we came back and it was 14-7,and I was like OK we got a game here.Then it went from bad to worse.I left the nest at the 1/2.It was very quiet

Peds presser in 10 mins.No clue why it's even needed. Will say the same BS as usual,like all coaches do.Pressers are a waste of time because reporters are getting them to state the obvious,which we already know

Like I said last night,if we fought hard and they simply beat us,I would not complain,but we never showed up on either side of the ball.BOTH lines should donate their weeks pay to a worthy cause, like the Autism Challenge,because the Eagles certainly didn't benefit.It would be the right thing to do.Our "high powered" O could only generate 10 points vs an average team? This isnt the same team I saw at Lambeau.Douglas was just awful