DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Here is a thought.  The OL is two years older... not as good at the moment. The DL is 2 years older, not as good at the moment.  

Also... we seem to be playing offense with 10 guys.  Torrey Smith  ... we miss you buddy... getting zero from a #2 WR spot, playing with 4 skill guys on the field instead of 5.

Coach needing to mix in the RBs instead  of a clear Howard on early downs and Sanders on passing downs.  Playaction would be nice .

Team needs to get healthy ... the season is old school Andy Reid... we can get the 4th seed by winning a crappy division or not make the playoffs at all. 

Shooting for the bronze medal again!

Well, with Dillard in there, the oldest O-Lineman is 31. Kelce is old but not too old. Brooks is still playing at a high level at 30.

The D-Line suffered when we lost Malik. But Barnett, Jernigan and Cox are all under 30. I would not call that too old. I feel they are just playing uninspired football. I would release Ags in a heartbeat. See if you can grab one of the young GB WR's for a 4th or 5th rounder.... All of them play better than what we have!

7 minutes ago, stine said:

Well, with Dillard in there, the oldest O-Lineman is 31. Kelce is old but not too old. Brooks is still playing at a high level at 30.

The D-Line suffered when we lost Malik. But Barnett, Jernigan and Cox are all under 30. I would not call that too old. I feel they are just playing uninspired football. I would release Ags in a heartbeat. See if you can grab one of the young GB WR's for a 4th or 5th rounder.... All of them play better than what we have!

GB EXCELLENT grooming WR's and QB's

40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like I said last night,if we fought hard and they simply beat us,I would not complain,but we never showed up on either side of the ball.BOTH lines should donate their weeks pay to a worthy cause, like the Autism Challenge,because the Eagles certainly didn't benefit.It would be the right thing to do.Our "high powered" O could only generate 10 points vs an average team? This isnt the same team I saw at Lambeau.Douglas was just awful

This goes to our earlier season debates, most of our guys were on load management in the off season.... they were being saved for the regular season... Didn’t want them hurt. A decision that I complained about. Teams like the Cow itches and Patsies  Vikes ,Detroit, whose teams and QB’s all played in the preseason....they were  getting reps,  the way the old traditional teams got ready for the regular season.

It took us about three games of the regular season before our Birds shook off what we thought was rust. Now we know it is much worse than that. in Back to Back weeks we have been embarrassed. Now  questioning this veteran, paid group effort. Of greater concern is how unimaginative our Offense has become .   So what... DJax is coming back ... will his return fix any of that? Doubt it. Still not completely sold that we are a Dumpster fire sale yet. Next week after the free agency period....I will revisit. Just a humiliated fan right now. Even more pissed off the Cowboys did that to us.

I know the run game is vital; but it seemed a bit too forced last night.  Several 3rd and medium were runs that came up short. Let's not let Alshon off the hook here. He's had several drops as well. Agholor is not getting many opportunities, so ripping on him is pointless.  Wentz had a below average night.  His last throw into triple coverage with his WR falling down? What was that all about? Throw it out to the RB and give yourself a chance. It was a team beatdown.  Can't blame it on one guy. Goedert's fumble. Lane's missed block resulting in a fumble. game over based on what the Eagles scored last night. Rasul Douglas has lost confidence and gets worse. Mills played the best football he has played here. The WRs including Ertz are either not getting open or Wentz isn't finding them.  Which is it? I'm not at the games to see. TV doesn't really make it possible to know.  If DJax is the fix, then this team is in trouble.  I predict him playing three or four games the whole season. The defense really missed Bradham. Even though he has not played up to his standard this year, he is still the best LB by far on this team.

Interesting evening.

Was woke up at 2:30 by a tornado warning. Turned on the tv and they said there was a tornado on County Rd 5870. Well crap I live on CR 5870.

Drove up and down the road this morning but could find no damage thank god.

Maybe it was a false alarm.

I'll be heading to Buffalo, I will see what I think about WRs getting separation...etc. 

I have a gut feel of what I think the problem is... curved routes at the top instead of the sharp cuts... but I want to see it in person. 

My criticism of the QB is that he needs to feel the pressure a little better when it comes from the offensive right side.  The other side is supposed to be the " blind" side.  

Now I do believe that DeSean will make a pretty big difference simply because it seems we are getting zero from that spot right now. Like playing one guy short.  A mediocre NFL level WR should make a difference.    Regardless if we think it makes a difference, it's obvious that the play caller and the QB seem to do their job like it does.

This is the defining moment for this team. Not the terrible loss in D-land. But how they respond. Could be exactly what this team needed....a complete beat down. Now to a man they know they need to get their head out of their a77es! The team will either galvanize or tear apart. Unfortunately I believe it will start with finger pointing and infighting. Can they come out of this together as a tight knit group/family? Or does it become every man for himself?

26 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is the defining moment for this team. Not the terrible loss in D-land. But how they respond. Could be exactly what this team needed....a complete beat down. Now to a man they know they need to get their head out of their a77es! The team will either galvanize or tear apart. Unfortunately I believe it will start with finger pointing and infighting. Can they come out of this together as a tight knit group/family? Or does it become every man for himself?

C hamtheman ...No disrespect at all intended...but wasn’t the Beatdown in Minnesota a complete enough beatdown... That the HC misunderstood as an ACT that would galvanize the team in Dallas... guaranteed a win . As far as what could follow...your analysis is on point. It not like the talented players we thought we had on this team just up and left. Sooooo what’s missing?

3-4 season is far from over but if we don’t get our heads out of our asses this season will be over sooner rather then later.

If the last two games don’t wake this team up then nothing will and should just prepare for next year.
Want to see us come out with a fire lit under our asses and dominate buffalo for 60 minutes. 

43 minutes ago, trini said:

C hamtheman ...No disrespect at all intended...but wasn’t the Beatdown in Minnesota a complete enough beatdown... That the HC misunderstood as an ACT that would galvanize the team in Dallas... guaranteed a win . As far as what could follow...your analysis is on point. It not like the talented players we thought we had on this team just up and left. Sooooo what’s missing?

Not really... this Dallas game was on the horizon. Knowing it was coming and a win there would mean first place regardless of Minnesota.. 

This game... in front of a national audience.  Was more of a total team loss... Jalem Ramsey wouldn't have been a difference compared to a lot of fans looking at just CB play vs Minn. 

This one, due to the importance of the game,  the brutal team effort and the national audience.  This is the one.

FB_IMG_1571680193319.jpg

Busy today, didn't read or watch anything - saw enough last night! Well at least the 1st 3 qtrs then turned it off. Wondering if it was DP or Reich behind the reason to our success, which is definitely in our pasr and not in the foreseeable future. Wearing my PSU gear, eagles gear staying on hangers in the closet, not in front where it was. Stick a fork in this season and the future until we can build a winner. Yes Jim Schwartz, that includes LB's and CB's who are actually good, coached up and you know how to use. If you don't, you're really just a DL coach, right? O just as bad. It takes more than gimmicks and going for it.

Lane talked about holding guys accountable, whether that'd be with plays, or showing up late to meetings/ practice. This means doug has lost control of the guys. Reminiscent of the Chip Kelly era

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Because our receivers are overpaid posers.I can save the Eagles alot of money.For a meager 2 mil a year I can be as invisible as AG

AG? Who's that? Though I take your point and I'll under cut you... For 1.5 mil a year I'll be invisible. 

40 minutes ago, KevvMoss said:

Lane talked about holding guys accountable, whether that'd be with plays, or showing up late to meetings/ practice. This means doug has lost control of the guys. Reminiscent of the Chip Kelly era

If things continue the way they are better be some huge shake ups in the offseason....First thing I’m doing is firing Groh can clearly see the drop off from what Riech brought to the team and being in Doug ear to now Groh.

Usually not a fan of it but hell would not be against firing Groh now mid-season promote Duce to the OC role....At least feel like Duce would help keep a healthier balance on O...Be in Dougs war enough to tell him to stick to the run when the run is what’s working for us etc. 

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Before we go firing people, make sure we have the right replacements

Offseason would look for a more veteran replacement at OC if Duce didn’t work out as the interim OC....But the way our O has been playing he couldn’t make us any worse

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

AG? Who's that? Though I take your point and I'll under cut you... For 1.5 mil a year I'll be invisible. 

well there you go thats 2.5 mil between us and we are as effective as the 19 mil(or whatever it is) posers they are paying

Locally... the big story is Howard Eskin saying that Alshon was the one who spoke to the ESPN reporter.   

The media likes to make the media a story.    Lets play football.   I hate the soap opera that people try to make the game to be.  

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I'll be heading to Buffalo, I will see what I think about WRs getting separation...etc. 

I have a gut feel of what I think the problem is... curved routes at the top instead of the sharp cuts... but I want to see it in person. 

My criticism of the QB is that he needs to feel the pressure a little better when it comes from the offensive right side.  The other side is supposed to be the " blind" side.  

Now I do believe that DeSean will make a pretty big difference simply because it seems we are getting zero from that spot right now. Like playing one guy short.  A mediocre NFL level WR should make a difference.    Regardless if we think it makes a difference, it's obvious that the play caller and the QB seem to do their job like it does.

SO why is it other teams WR's have mastered or at least know how to make the double moves to get open,yet ours do not.Sadly Alson and AG are doing little,so more like 3 WR's short.Ertz isn't exactly tearing it up either.Just not the team I thought we had.Sure we have some injuries,still you expect the "next man up" to at least SHOW UP.The Jarwin TD,there was noone around him for 15 yards.Another no name now making a name for himself vs us.Seems to happen far too often.last guy to do that in Dallas was Gallup.Maybe Dez can still play,ANYONE who can get open would be nice

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

SO why is it other teams WR's have mastered or at least know how to make the double moves to get open,yet ours do not.Sadly Alson and AG are doing little,so more like 3 WR's short.Ertz isn't exactly tearing it up either.Just not the team I thought we had.Sure we have some injuries,still you expect the "next man up" to at least SHOW UP.The Jarwin TD,there was noone around him for 15 yards.Another no name how's making a name for himself vs us.Seems to happen far too often.last guy to do that in Dallas was Gallup.Maybe Dez can still play,ANYONE who can get open would be nice

I gotta be honest ... other than you bringing up thie Jarwin guy .... I don't see him really making a name for himself.  Really because it doesn't take much to be wide open and catch the ball... I don't think anyone really remembers him??????      

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

I gotta be honest ... other than you bringing up thie Jarwin guy .... I don't see him really making a name for himself.  Really because it doesn't take much to be wide open and catch the ball... I don't think anyone really remembers him??????      

Apparently we didnt feel he was worth covering either,but he CAUGHT the ball in the END ZONE,so now he has a TD on his resume.Same amount as ertz