DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I say Hire Gruden for OC. He got screwed in Washington and the players respected him. What we have now is a stagnant offense and I feel Gruden would shake things up. I doubt it happens, but I feel things could not get any worse and that may just be what we need. DJax played for him I believe....

15 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK bud after the game in GB I was OK we can do this!!!! last 2 games and now IDK if we can beat Miami

Only reason we won in GB was because I was there..... I have a good record watching Eagles...

27 minutes ago, stine said:

I say Hire Gruden for OC. He got screwed in Washington and the players respected him. What we have now is a stagnant offense and I feel Gruden would shake things up. I doubt it happens, but I feel things could not get any worse and that may just be what we need. DJax played for him I believe....

Not a huge fan of Grudan was that in owe of his O in Cincy either....But I do agree that DC was hardly his fault pretty sure at the end he wanted to be fired and I can’t blame him 

That DC front office is just a complete mess 

26 minutes ago, stine said:

Only reason we won in GB was because I was there..... I have a good record watching Eagles...

Lmao going to need you to attend the rest of the Eagles games the entire season so we win them all

With the lack of production from our receiving unit don’t know why we don’t just lean on Howard....He gains 4-5 yards just about every time he touches the ball he always falls forward....

No shame in it give that man 20-30 carries I know that isn’t Dougs style of O but as a coach have to go to what works and right now he is a lone bright spot on the team....Wentz for all he can do can’t make WRs catch the ball or get open etc.

I do understand it is tough to do the things listed above when we trail by 10 plus points almost weekly forcing us into pass mode....At the same time feel like us passing puts us in those spots.

Opening drives with 2 passes and stuck in 3rd in Long situations. Or gaining 4-5 yards then taking a sack. Or just dropping first down passes etc.

Hard to just throw short passes when the defense is only worried about covering ... short passes.  

3 hours ago, stine said:

Welp, this week we play Buffalo. 4 of their 5 wins were against Miami, Jets, Washington and the Giants. Not teams that scare you. The other win was against Tennessee. So the combined record against these teams they beat are 7-26. If we do beat them, I am not going to jump and down and puff out my chest. Buffalo does not have the offense to scare us. They do have a solid Defense, but with our O-Line, we should be OK against.

But our O line was trash in Dullaz

1 hour ago, stine said:

Well then I am clipping your happy arse to Luries key chain 😆

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I do understand it is tough to do the things listed above when we trail by 10 plus points almost weekly forcing us into pass mode....At the same time feel like us passing puts us in those spots.

Opening drives with 2 passes and stuck in 3rd in Long situations. Or gaining 4-5 yards then taking a sack. Or just dropping first down passes etc.

10 pts in 1/4 ONE is NOT a reason to stop what works. 10 mins left in 1/4  four ok then you better do something else lol.We didn't just lose,we were humilated in prime time

I deleted the game from my DVR without watching it a 2nd time like I usually do. So I can't "prove" it, but it sure seemed to me like the coaches were trying to "force" the running game a bit much.  The Eagles ran the ball on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down at least twice. Both resulted in 3 and out.....punts.  With the leaky defense this team has right now, the offense HAS to stay on the field, sustain drives, and scores TDs for them to win.

10 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

I deleted the game from my DVR without watching it a 2nd time like I usually do. So I can't "prove" it, but it sure seemed to me like the coaches were trying to "force" the running game a bit much.  The Eagles ran the ball on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down at least twice. Both resulted in 3 and out.....punts.  With the leaky defense this team has right now, the offense HAS to stay on the field, sustain drives, and scores TDs for them to win.

A 3 and out ... is a 3 and out.   But.... it does send a message to those complaining that Doug doesn't stick with the run when it stops working.  It also is nice to put on film that we will actually try to get a 1st down using a run play.  

Granted it didn't work ... but look at Chicago vs the Saints.... that guy is supposed to be an offensive guru ... 2nd and 2 like 3 times... all 3 times ... pass, pass... either punt or a 3rd pass and turnover on downs.   Never ran the ball... score was close too.   IMO, while failure is failure ... now Doug can go to the OL and say .... you can't say that I never gave you a chance to just run block and get us the yards.   You know, incase any complaints of them saying to put it on our back.  

IDK, I think embarassing loss is the best kind.  Not mismatch or catch us off guard like Minn .... I'm talking whole team humiliating loss... that should ruffle some feathers.   Basically... "shut up and look in the mirror, you all suck, not just Douglas."   And "Jalen Ramsey ain't solving all these problems"  type of loss.    

@joemas6Yea but Jalen Ramsey might have solved half of the DB problems , we could then consolidate the best  from the rest ....we would be better positioned to solidify a porous Defense on the back end. I have already said I wouldn’t have paid what the Rams did for Ramsey. Price was tooo high then and even now. YET. The fact the Patsies just gave up a 2nd for Sanu...Maybe teams are saying if the marketplace have the piece the team needs...they’re gonna get that player like the Eagles used to.

Perhaps Howie and I have misread the New marketplace...No more Howie fleecing teams. We lost Cooper to the Cowboys when we offered a 2nd they gave up a first that we all thought was too high a price. I don’t think Dallas is regretting that move, look at how our WR have gone since Cooper arrived in Dallas. We seem to be looking and dealing for second tier and third tier players while our competitors are going all in on the best talent .  We are relying on our aging stars. This game will not allow you to rest on your Laurels.

2 minutes ago, trini said:

Yea but Jalen Ramsey might have solved half of the DB problems , we could then consolidate the best  from the rest ....we would be better positioned o solidify a porous Defense on the back end. I have already said I wouldn’t have paid what the Rams did, Price was tooo high. The fact the Patsies just gave up a 2nd for Sanu...Maybe teams are saying if the marketplace have the piece the team needs...they’re gonna get that player like the Eagles used to.

Perhaps Howie and I have misread the New marketplace...No more Howie fleecing teams. We lost Cooper to the Cowboys when we offered a 2nd they gave up a first that we all thought was too high a price. I don’t think Dallas is regretting that move, look at how our WR have gone since Cooper arrived in Dallas. We seem to be looking and dealing for second tier and third tier players while our competitors are going all in on the best talent .  We are relying on our aging stars. This game will not allow you to rest on your Laurels.

Nope nope nope ... and NOPE on trading 2 high picks (because we would have had to beat the potential Wildcard bound Rams who need to compete with other good teams, as opposed to us just having Dallas as competition....  nope nope and NOPE for someone who doesn't play QB or on the DL.    

There is no one player solving half of anything in the secondary when you need to cover 5 targets.  

I meant 3 high picks... nope!

So interesting ... seeing some all 22 coaces video and some comments...  

1.  Agholor with the short arm ... phew, looks way worse from the coaches tape.  Ball was right there and he had plenty of time to see it.  Brutal

2.  Baldinger shows his .... "Baldi's breakdowns"  lol .... he shows the play where Wentz slides and loses the ball, but no fumble.

He tries to claim there was a play to Agholor up the middle.   Basically a read option type play.   He shows the video from the side, (conveniently not showing the back of the defense)   he shows where Agholor gets past the LB and it looks like Wentz has a seem to throw it before he takes off to run.     Now from the side.... you see 10 defenders.   What you can't see is the 11th guy.   Now I can't tell where he would be precisely ... however, if you look at the rest of the players ... you see 4 DL, 3 LBs, 3DBs ... if you also look at the field and try to figure out what's missing... anyone who has ever watched football would guess that it is a guy that would be playing a CF type or basically right behind where Agholor was running.   IDK, maybe I have a sense of sniffing out people with an agenda?    But if you want to break down a play, you should get all the players within view.  

So narrative today on local radio.... the QB is the problem.    All the rest of the dumpster fire that is the team at the moment... the QB is the focus.    These are the times I wish I didn't live locally.   

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seems like a steep price to me.

A second from the Pats is more like a 3rd

Emmanuel Sanders to the 49ers ... along with a 2020 5th rounder .... for 2020 3rd and 4th rounders.

Does this mean the great JMatt will be out of a job .... for the 5th time in like 15 months?  

No Mas you always live locally LOL

And yes Agholor just alligator armed that deep ball like punk. Like he was too afraid if it hit him in the hands we’d call it a drop. He makes everybody look bad. Because he’s the one that creates the most separation. But he’s rarely a good option to turn to. Pretty much thinking Agholor is the reason Wentz had to become more selective. So Wentz has needed to complicate things even more because he can’t just go through progression and hit the open guy. He has to identify who that open guy is also. Which is brutal for the QB’s game.

Agholor has the lowest catch % of "catchable"deep balls in the league.... 20% .   So Wentz threw 5 balls that should have been caught, Aghloro caught the one in ATL after dropping the gimme.   The other 3... nope! 

2 hours ago, senhorcook said:

And you do that by running the ball.it's not gonna work EVERY time,but neither does passing

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Emmanuel Sanders to the 49ers ... along with a 2020 5th rounder .... for 2020 3rd and 4th rounders.

This trade market is brutal. I was willing to give a third for Sanders and Harris to the Broncos. Good market to stay out of. Or be a seller.

A third and fourth for a half a season rental is steep. Just like a third for Tate last year was steep. And a second for Sanu.