DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

43 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

With Ramsey you have to remember he wants to be the highest paid defender also.

Agreed...he is that good according to the experts.

56 minutes ago, trini said:

@joemas6Yea but Jalen Ramsey might have solved half of the DB problems , we could then consolidate the best  from the rest ....we would be better positioned to solidify a porous Defense on the back end. I have already said I wouldn’t have paid what the Rams did for Ramsey. Price was tooo high then and even now. YET. The fact the Patsies just gave up a 2nd for Sanu...Maybe teams are saying if the marketplace have the piece the team needs...they’re gonna get that player like the Eagles used to.

Perhaps Howie and I have misread the New marketplace...No more Howie fleecing teams. We lost Cooper to the Cowboys when we offered a 2nd they gave up a first that we all thought was too high a price. I don’t think Dallas is regretting that move, look at how our WR have gone since Cooper arrived in Dallas. We seem to be looking and dealing for second tier and third tier players while our competitors are going all in on the best talent .  We are relying on our aging stars. This game will not allow you to rest on your Laurels.

SOOOO,you spend what the Rams did.And say he gets hurt.How good does that trade look now?(He already missed some games) 2-1's? I'm glad Howie drew the line

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Emmanuel Sanders to the 49ers ... along with a 2020 5th rounder .... for 2020 3rd and 4th rounders.

Good trade for the 9ers,they look pretty good this year! 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No Mas you always live locally LOL

And yes Agholor just alligator armed that deep ball like punk. Like he was too afraid if it hit him in the hands we’d call it a drop. He makes everybody look bad. Because he’s the one that creates the most separation. But he’s rarely a good option to turn to. Pretty much thinking Agholor is the reason Wentz had to become more selective. So Wentz has needed to complicate things even more because he can’t just go through progression and hit the open guy. He has to identify who that open guy is also. Which is brutal for the QB’s game.

Ham, I'm ready to move on ... from both Aghlolor and Alshon.... calling up Jax ... they can have Agholor for a 2021 7th rounder.      And I'm prepping them for the conversation in the offseason.  you guys can trade us for Alshon ... work him with Foles and Flip ... go ahead.   Let him play with his hero.

Then I put Djax front and center.... next time he actually gets on the field.   Send in Spadaro and Eskin .... ask him who the best QB he has played with is?    The narrative needs to change of whatever it is... the soap opera needs to go.  Get guys in here at WR that can appreciate what a good QB is... not guys who are past their prime or just don't have the desire to be great. 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This trade market is brutal. I was willing to give a third for Sanders and Harris to the Broncos. Good market to stay out of. Or be a seller.

A third and fourth for a half a season rental is steep. Just like a third for Tate last year was steep. And a second for Sanu.

I don't think 3rd was steep for Tate... just for us not a fit.       Sanu ... way too steep ... but for the Pats they can afford it.  When the goal is to be the first team to 7 SBs and you have a 42 year old QB... you can give up a 2nd round for a position that looks pretty bad on your squad at the moment.    But yeah... In general I'm with you... market is too steep.   Doubt we sell anything though.  

Overthinking this Compensatory pick thing this year really tied one hand behind our backs. Didn’t make the free agent moves we needed to because if it. Then released Fort right before we badly needed a LB. And Fort it seemed like almost wasn’t given a chance because of this situation. He was never in favor here even though he was our big free agent expenditure. During gameplay he always looked good. JMatt could have helped us but we needed him to sign elsewhere because of comp pick BS. Feels like we shot ourselves in the foot on all this.

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Agholor has the lowest catch % of "catchable"deep balls in the league.... 20% .   So Wentz threw 5 balls that should have been caught, Aghloro caught the one in ATL after dropping the gimme.   The other 3... nope! 

Seriously,I hope it's his last year here.We coddled him for years.he had one decent year(not outstanding)."Put up or shut up" is what Belichick would say.Entire team needs to "DO YOUR JOB!!!" and it starts with the lines.Both lackluster,no domination,sometimes average,usually not-very sad

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This trade market is brutal. I was willing to give a third for Sanders and Harris to the Broncos. Good market to stay out of. Or be a seller.

A third and fourth for a half a season rental is steep. Just like a third for Tate last year was steep. And a second for Sanu.

Or you could look at it from SF .... they give up a 2020 3rd and 4th ... get back a 2020 5th and probably a 2021 4th or 5th.  They get a guy they think can help them finish the season that they started out 6-0.    Sometimes its not about market value... more so value to the team.  

Reading alot of comments "They weren't motivated". Really? Dullaz has been our arch rival since time began,how much more motivation do you need?

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Overthinking this Compensatory pick thing this year really tied one hand behind our backs. Didn’t make the free agent moves we needed to because if it. Then released Fort right before we badly needed a LB. And Fort it seemed like almost wasn’t given a chance because of this situation. He was never in favor here even though he was our big free agent expenditure. During gameplay he always looked good. JMatt could have helped us but we needed him to sign elsewhere because of comp pick BS. Feels like we shout ourselves in the foot on all this.

Can't argue the results.  I just think JMatt though... they needed to move on.   The guys they have here are more the issue then going backwards with JMatt.  I don't think one has to do with the other ... alghough you like to keep tying him and Agholor together.   I'm good moving on completely, not really looking at which is worse.  ready for discussing 2 players and which is actually better.  Hope that day can come soon here!  

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What sucks is when Agholor leaves I see him working out and becoming that decent speed WR weapon. On his next team it will all work. But it just isn’t going to happen here.

Ehhh... I don't know about "speed"  I see him more of a guy who needs the ball in his hands early, then run after catch type.  Why I thought he fits well wit ha possession guy and a speed guy on the outsides... he gets space to start then do his thing, when he goes deep it can work because the guy covering him is not a guy used to being deep.    

I will say... I think Doug should try an end around once early in the game.  Get him the ball a feel for the game... then that orbit motion becomes a threat to the D.  Right now nobody believes he is taking a hand off.  No creativity.   2017, I couldn't tell at all what play was coming ... this year, I can tell what's not coming ... and kinda leading to easier time predicting what will come.  

IDK guys dont care how fast you are if you cant catch(Treggs).Still warm out,how bad is Ag gonna be when it gets cold with stone hands?

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Can't argue the results.  I just think JMatt though... they needed to move on.   The guys they have here are more the issue then going backwards with JMatt.  I don't think one has to do with the other ... alghough you like to keep tying him and Agholor together.   I'm good moving on completely, not really looking at which is worse.  ready for discussing 2 players and which is actually better.  Hope that day can come soon here!  

I tie Agholor and JMatt together because they are both slot WR. And we could have kept JMatt for a one million dollar contract. Agholor we had to pay over nine million dollars. I’m pretty sure even you wouldn’t argue the difference in production anymore. Better use of our resources than spending it on Agholor. In fact, I’m now really wondering what all the negative effects Agholor is having on Wentz. JMatt was always a positive influence for Wentz. Eight million difference could have been used to get a quality player. And Wentz mental health and reputation would be in much better shape.

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK guys dont care how fast you are if you cant catch(Treggs).Still warm out,how bad is Ag gonna be when it gets cold with stone hands?

Stone hands and Alligator arms isn’t a good combo.

Can’t really say that steep of a price for NE....the 2nd is essentially like a 3rd NE no doubt picking what 29-32...And at this stage NE is year to year capitalizing on going to the SB..... Once Brady leaves belicheat likely retires with him they are not looking at the long term.

Plus NE will get a comp. pick back for Sanu could be a 3rd with how WRs can get overpaid at the very least a 4th back.

39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I said the market would be high for guys....Maybe I was a bit to steep for the prices but definitely didn’t see a 3rd getting the trade done like many felt it would 

30 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What sucks is when Agholor leaves I see him working out and becoming that decent speed WR weapon. On his next team it will all work. But it just isn’t going to happen here.

Any one else see NE landing AG when he walks would seem like his skill set fits perfectly with what they want....He is a good route runner and they love those type of quick slot WR guys to run there routes.....As for the hands Brady would make sure that man catches passes....Force that man to have catches for hours a day after practice until he caught everything.

9 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I said the market would be high for guys....Maybe I was a bit to steep for the prices but definitely didn’t see a 3rd getting the trade done like many felt it would 

Not brutal at all.Always happens this time of year.When teams think they have a shot,they overpay cause they are in "win now"mode.Not surprising in the least

Jjaw looked so promising........................in August lol

Hollins? Why he is he still on the roster? We need young yes,but how about hungry??? I'm with Joe on that front.Seems we were never very good at WR development(see Green Bay) and why we always hit the FA market,because we can't develop our own.IDK if this is on Ped,but we need a staff shake-up the way it's going.EVERY year our secondary is average at best(not even average except for Mills) and after spending a mega amount on WR's,there is no production to speak of.All the weapons we have and we can't score,forget Dullaz,that's a sad commentary right there.We have the tools to move the chains,but we can't do that either.Dominating front D line-not there,secondary that gets spanked on demand,our "forte" running game is not there.O line getting kicked by mediocre teams.Has to be a coaching issue,maybe many of them

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not brutal at all.Always happens this time of year.When teams think they have a shot,they overpay cause they are in "win now"mode.Not surprising in the least

Jjaw looked so promising........................in August lol

I never said it was brutal lol quote the wrong person....Not shocked by it either as I said I thought this was going to be the price for these guys

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I never said it was brutal lol quote the wrong person....Not shocked by it either as I said I thought this was going to be the price for these guys

Sorry directed at Ham.Prices keep going up,no shock,but you called it.so I'm gonna call that prices keep going up,you heard it here first