DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No Mas you always live locally LOL

 And yes Agholor just alligator armed that deep ball like punk. Like he was too afraid if it hit him in the hands we’d call it a drop. He makes everybody look bad. Because he’s the one that creates the most separation. But he’s rarely a good option to turn to. Pretty much thinking Agholor is the reason Wentz had to become more selective. So Wentz has needed to complicate things even more because he can’t just go through progression and hit the open guy. He has to identify who that open guy is also. Which is brutal for the QB’s game.

  This is why I feel that they need to make Agholor a healthy scratch. It does two things. First, Wentz will have an option that will try and make a play. This will allow him to take his reads and not be selective. Second, it tells the team play hard or be benched. This is most important IMO.... Time for the players to look in the mirror and tell that guy he has to start doing his job...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stine said:

  This is why I feel that they need to make Agholor a healthy scratch. It does two things. First, Wentz will have an option that will try and make a play. This will allow him to take his reads and not be selective. Second, it tells the team play hard or be benched. This is most important IMO.... Time for the players to look in the mirror and tell that guy he has to start doing his job...

Sure. . What does the lineup look like by scratching Agholor.

Alshon, JJAW, Hollins, Ertz, Goedert,  we use 4 of these guys at a time.

An injury or someone coming out for a rest.... leaves you pretty thin.  

The idea is nice, just not sure it's practical at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joemas6 said:

Sure. . What does the lineup look like by scratching Agholor.

Trouble is I think he's hurting the team in addition to producing nothing. May as well put a scarecrow or a test crash dummy out there. 

😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp if you dont give it up he's not gonna be on your team.At this point 1 or 2 players isn't gonna help alot if the rest of the team isn't getting it done.What position do you feel we need to go "all in" on by the 29th? Better team than 2017,difference is they played together and the played FOR each other and I am not seeing that this year.Getting schooled then smiling on the sidelines doesn't work for me,especially vs Dullaz 

Yeah, I don't think it's anywhere near a better team than 2017.   Not the healthy guys that actually play. 

Losing DeSean Malik and Jernigan.. that's 3 key pieces to lose as far as talent.  Their replacements are way less talented and their losses also cause depth issues.  The same guys that are here, how many can you say are better now being 2 years older?  

I don't see it.  I know the popular thing is to complain about all the intangibles... I just don't think the team that has been on the field after the Redskins game, is that talented.  Hopefully that changes with some players coming back.

And talent matters... ask Dallas how it was like losing to the Jets with all the players missing.  The uniform doesn't play, the player inside it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Trouble is I think he's hurting the team in addition to producing nothing. May as well put a scarecrow or a test crash dummy out there. 

😁

Yeah... but the scarecrow needs a spot on the 53 man roster.  Otherwise,  we don't have it to put in!  That is pretty much the issue... otherwise I am fine with the idea.

My idea is to give him the ball on an end around first play. Maybe Dillard misses the block?  Get him the ball early,  let him get hit... then maybe he'll understand that short arming a ball after your QB gets decked making the throw is not a good look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah... but the scarecrow needs a spot on the 53 man roster.  Otherwise,  we don't have it to put in!  That is pretty much the issue... otherwise I am fine with the idea.

Perhaps we could get away with putting the scarecrow out there without being on the roster though? It's not a living breathing being after all. Wouldn't take up any cap space either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Sure. . What does the lineup look like by scratching Agholor.

Alshon, JJAW, Hollins, Ertz, Goedert,  we use 4 of these guys at a time.

An injury or someone coming out for a rest.... leaves you pretty thin.  

The idea is nice, just not sure it's practical at this point?

  OK, so you sit him on the bench, unless we have injuries. Anyone on this team is better than him at this point. Plus I would like to see JJaw get more snaps to see what he can do. May as well get him in there. If he does not live up to their scouting grades, then you know now instead of next year after you draft....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, stine said:

  OK, so you sit him on the bench, unless we have injuries. Anyone on this team is better than him at this point. Plus I would like to see JJaw get more snaps to see what he can do. May as well get him in there. If he does not live up to their scouting grades, then you know now instead of next year after you draft....

Not sure we need to jump the gun that much on JJaw not sure him having a so-so rookie year tells anything....Especially At WR which is one of the harder position to transition to from college.

As for the draft we need WR regardless in my eyes Djax and Alshon aren’t young and both deal with injuries no youth behind them outside of JJaw....Hollins has not lived up to the billing and AG is all but gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DL- we have Cox/Graham/Barnett/Curry/Sweat(been making some plays lately)

CB-Darby/Mills/Douglas/Jones

S-Jenkins/McLeod

No real excuses for this D not to perform we are not injured at CB any more the DL though we are missing Malik not like we have not done with with other guys pared next to Cox before and the DEs are all healthy. S are the same. Only real weak spot is possibly LB with Bradham maybe out again.

No excuses for Schwartz and the D this week not to perform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not clue what the plan is on O....This O doesn’t seem to have an identity we don’t know who we are on the unit....Playcalling has been questionable and the plays that look good we don’t execute....All around that unit needs to step up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me crazy but I’m standing by this team. We have enough talent to win. Really have felt like one Agholor completion away from finishing. One open hole read that Sanders missed. One crucial block that the Oline missed. One key tackle the defense didn’t secure. One miss communication in the secondary that gave up a huge play. One time not securing the ball leading to a lost fumble. One QB pressure not finished.

 Sad part is this has been every game. Agholor can make that big completion. If Sanders makes the right read he’s going to make a huge play busting through that hole. Some very talented Oline guys that don’t have that one mental lapse. The defense gels and comes together and the tackle and responsibilities are done. And we protect the ball on offense. 
  Sure it sounds like many things to fix. But it’s all fairly easily fixable. We really can get this done. Almost just a simple everybody down the line of the roster tighten it up one notch. And I’m including the coaches. Tighten that gameplan up a notch. Everybody pay attention to that weakness in your opponent just a bit more thorough.

   We can do this. This team is better than their record. I refuse to believe it can’t be done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

DL- we have Cox/Graham/Barnett/Curry/Sweat(been making some plays lately)

CB-Darby/Mills/Douglas/Jones

S-Jenkins/McLeod

No real excuses for this D not to perform we are not injured at CB any more the DL though we are missing Malik not like we have not done with with other guys pared next to Cox before and the DEs are all healthy. S are the same. Only real weak spot is possibly LB with Bradham maybe out again.

No excuses for Schwartz and the D this week not to perform 

There was no excuse last week either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Call me crazy but I’m standing by this team. We have enough talent to win. Really have felt like one Agholor completion away from finishing. One open hole read that Sanders missed. One crucial block that the Oline missed. One key tackle the defense didn’t secure. One miss communication in the secondary that gave up a huge play. One time not securing the ball leading to a lost fumble. One QB pressure not finished.

 Sad part is this has been every game. Agholor can make that big completion. If Sanders makes the right read he’s going to make a huge play busting through that hole. Some very talented Oline guys that don’t have that one mental lapse. The defense gels and comes together and the tackle and responsibilities are done. And we protect the ball on offense. 
  Sure it sounds like many things to fix. But it’s all fairly easily fixable. We really can get this done. Almost just a simple everybody down the line of the roster tighten it up one notch. And I’m including the coaches. Tighten that gameplan up a notch. Everybody pay attention to that weakness in your opponent just a bit more thorough.

   We can do this. This team is better than their record. I refuse to believe it can’t be done!

If it's all easily fixable and it's week 8 coming up,doesn't that bother you? I mean shouldn't this have been fixed in week 2?(and I dont want to hear about injuries cause we won at lambeau)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, trini said:

Agreed...he is that good according to the experts.

According to the "experts" Sidney Jones was a high 1st round pick until he got hurt.

So much for the experts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

There was no excuse last week either

Really no should not be any excuses how poorly we have played the last 2 weeks...But people can so well the CBs were hurt Mills first game back, no Bradham, Ridgeway got hurt....Blah blah blah....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at some of the new XFL rule found this one kind of interesting

"The XFL may add a "tap” penalty which would be given to individual players who commit a foul that is not serious enough to warrant a penalty flag. The penalty will result in the player being sent off the field for one play, but not resulting in the team being short a player, as a substitute for the offending player will be allowed. The idea is to keep the game moving quickly, while still addressing rule breakers.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the idea that the penalty would just take the player out a play keep the game moving instead of stopping play over something dumb...My only real issue I could see is seems to give a lot of power to the refs on what they deem serious or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also be a fairly serious game changer as well I mean you lose your top CB a play...The team then focus on attacking a weak link. It could cost a team more then what the penalty yards would have given 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Call me crazy but I’m standing by this team. We have enough talent to win. Really have felt like one Agholor completion away from finishing. One open hole read that Sanders missed. One crucial block that the Oline missed. One key tackle the defense didn’t secure. One miss communication in the secondary that gave up a huge play. One time not securing the ball leading to a lost fumble. One QB pressure not finished.

 Sad part is this has been every game. Agholor can make that big completion. If Sanders makes the right read he’s going to make a huge play busting through that hole. Some very talented Oline guys that don’t have that one mental lapse. The defense gels and comes together and the tackle and responsibilities are done. And we protect the ball on offense. 
  Sure it sounds like many things to fix. But it’s all fairly easily fixable. We really can get this done. Almost just a simple everybody down the line of the roster tighten it up one notch. And I’m including the coaches. Tighten that gameplan up a notch. Everybody pay attention to that weakness in your opponent just a bit more thorough.

   We can do this. This team is better than their record. I refuse to believe it can’t be done!

I agree... we should be 5-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp if you dont give it up he's not gonna be on your team.At this point 1 or 2 players isn't gonna help alot if the rest of the team isn't getting it done.What position do you feel we need to go "all in" on by the 29th? Better team than 2017,difference is they played together and the played FOR each other and I am not seeing that this year.Getting schooled then smiling on the sidelines doesn't work for me,especially vs Dullaz 

Here are three players...Von Miller,  and his teammate Harris, AJ Green...to name positions that need immediate help.and upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp if you dont give it up he's not gonna be on your team.At this point 1 or 2 players isn't gonna help alot if the rest of the team isn't getting it done.What position do you feel we need to go "all in" on by the 29th? Better team than 2017,difference is they played together and the played FOR each other and I am not seeing that this year.Getting schooled then smiling on the sidelines doesn't work for me,especially vs Dullaz 

I'm still disgusted. Gonna take a string of games for me to believe again. Like you said, "Esp. vs dullass." That's the kicker!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now