DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

Something I found rare……when counting roster from top to bottom Jenkins is 27th on the list lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Like the idea that the penalty would just take the player out a play keep the game moving instead of stopping play over something dumb...My only real issue I could see is seems to give a lot of power to the refs on what they deem serious or not.

Hmmm depends on the infraction.I would rather see like a hockey set up,where you had to stay out a certain amount of time(2 mins.5 mins whatever they come up with) This could be a pivotal thing!! Like when the game is close and someone does things on purpose,you would lose that player for 2-5 minutes which could hurt your final drive in close games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, trini said:

Here are three players...Von Miller,  and his teammate Harris, AJ Green...to name positions that need immediate help.and upgrade.

First you are assuming the other team wants to trade them.next you have to decide if they are a "fit" which is not a given and then what a fair offer would be,then the other team has to accept that offer and as of now I haven't heard any of those players being shopped.I really thought we had a pipeline started(see the pats) for alot of spots.Turns out the pipe is cracked and leaking all over.IDK you can throw player names around,but just cause we need them doesn't mean they are on a rack for the taking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  I say pick up Gordon. I heard he was running 22 MPH on the treadmill when they put him on IR. I say we give him a shot. He can do no worse than who we have now. Heck, I would drop Ags to give him a spot. Solves two problems....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Hmmm depends on the infraction.I would rather see like a hockey set up,where you had to stay out a certain amount of time(2 mins.5 mins whatever they come up with) This could be a pivotal thing!! Like when the game is close and someone does things on purpose,you would lose that player for 2-5 minutes which could hurt your final drive in close games 

Baby steps for the XFL I was thinking the same thing though I wasn’t thinking time liked the plays idea just increasing the amount depending on the infraction....The tap idea is interesting will be looking to see how it works for them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Baby steps for the XFL I was thinking the same thing though I wasn’t thinking time liked the plays idea just increasing the amount depending on the infraction....The tap idea is interesting will be looking to see how it works for them...

Yeah I mean you could even have the team that was penalized decide between time or yardage(say 2 minutes or 10 yards as an example).Think that could cut down on the infractions and save time,although I suppose my idea would just add more BS to the game lol

4 hours ago, stine said:

  I say pick up Gordon. I heard he was running 22 MPH on the treadmill when they put him on IR. I say we give him a shot. He can do no worse than who we have now. Heck, I would drop Ags to give him a spot. Solves two problems....

As in JOSH Gordon? The guy that can't stay out of trouble?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah I mean you could even have the team that was penalized decide between time or yardage(say 2 minutes or 10 yards as an example).Think that could cut down on the infractions and save time,although I suppose my idea would just add more BS to the game lol

As in JOSH Gordon? They guy that can't stay out of trouble?

Think the XFL goal with the tap rule is to keep the game moving and not so many stops in play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

First you are assuming the other team wants to trade them.next you have to decide if they are a "fit" which is not a given and then what a fair offer would be,then the other team has to accept that offer and as of now I haven't heard any of those players being shopped.I really thought we had a pipeline started(see the pats) for alot of spots.Turns out the pipe is cracked and leaking all over.IDK you can throw player names around,but just cause we need them doesn't mean they are on a rack for the taking

I suggested these three .because The Broncos and Bengals aren’t going anywhere...and there been reports about the Eagles interest in Von Miller and Harris, AJ Green has been hurt quite a bit and is 30. He might be affordable.I have read about us having inquired about these guys . As far as Josh Gordon we have NEVER had any luck with X Patriot players ...though Gordon was a player that I wanted from his Cleveland days . Patriot players leave for more money before they return to the team. I just don’t trust those x Patsies.

As in any trade...fit. must be a given.... Peterson / Groh did not utilize  Golden Tate last year he did not fit or we couldn’t figure out how to get the best out of Tate.   A fair offer anymore these days is the most Capital a team is willing to give up. Patriots gave up a #2 for Sanu ? I wouldn think at best... Sunu was worth a fourth...This Has been a point of Discussion with me about our valuation of players. Howie built a reputation as a deal maker, the last few big name players Cooper, Ramsey etc have slipped threw our fingers I get the logic on how we prefer to deal. The script has changed teams are using Howie’s old script against us.  

We keep getting second tier players...we will put a mediocre team on the field. I love the job Howie has done but things have changed . Teams are not as easily fleeced. Bottom line You get what you pay for and it is gonna cost more than what we are willing to spend Howie gotta step up and win some of these deals.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stine said:

  I say pick up Gordon. I heard he was running 22 MPH on the treadmill when they put him on IR. I say we give him a shot. He can do no worse than who we have now. Heck, I would drop Ags to give him a spot. Solves two problems....

It would have to be a REALLY team friendly contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stine said:

  I say pick up Gordon. I heard he was running 22 MPH on the treadmill when they put him on IR. I say we give him a shot. He can do no worse than who we have now. Heck, I would drop Ags to give him a spot. Solves two problems....

There are certainly no teams knocking at the door for an Agholor trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trini said:

I suggested these three .because The Broncos and Bengals aren’t going anywhere...and there been reports about the Eagles interest in Von Miller and Harris, AJ Green has been hurt quite a bit and is 30. He might be affordable.I have read about us having inquired about these guys . As far as Josh Gordon we have NEVER had any luck with X Patriot players ...though Gordon was a player that I wanted from his Cleveland days . Patriot players leave for more money before they return to the team. I just don’t trust those x Patsies.

As in any trade...fit. must be a given.... Peterson / Groh did not utilize  Golden Tate last year he did not fit or we couldn’t figure out how to get the best out of Tate.   A fair offer anymore these days is the most Capital a team is willing to give up. Patriots gave up a #2 for Sanu ? I wouldn think at best... Sunu was worth a fourth...This Has been a point of Discussion with me about our valuation of players. Howie built a reputation as a deal maker, the last few big name players Cooper, Ramsey etc have slipped threw our fingers I get the logic on how we prefer to deal. The script has changed teams are using Howie’s old script against us.  

We keep getting second tier players...we will put a mediocre team on the field. I love the job Howie has done but things have changed . Teams are not as easily fleeced. Bottom line You get what you pay for and it is gonna cost more than what we are willing to spend Howie gotta step up and win some of these deals.

 

 

Great points.  I would say that Assante Samuel was the exception to the ex-Patriots players that did well here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, trini said:

Howie built a reputation as a deal maker, the last few big name players Cooper, Ramsey etc have slipped threw our fingers I get the logic on how we prefer to deal. The script has changed teams are using Howie’s old script against us.  

This depends on how you view things I thought the price for both guys you mentioned was high....Two first and a 4th for Ramsey is insane not to mention you have to turn around and pay him premium money(and he has to be willing to even sign a deal could walk if he wanted)...Same with Cooper 1st is a steep price plus now Dallas has to pay him even real talks suggesting that Cooper could hit the FA market.

First round picks have great value for a reason if you draft well you not only get a good player but on a very manageable deal for 4 years with the 5th year option.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Think the XFL goal with the tap rule is to keep the game moving and not so many stops in play

Well once again like the nfl what defines a "tap" as opposed to more than a tap.Gonna vary with every officiating crew 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

This depends on how you view things I thought the price for both guys you mentioned was high....Two first and a 4th for Ramsey is insane not to mention you have to turn around and pay him premium money(and he has to be willing to even sign a deal could walk if he wanted)...Same with Cooper 1st is a steep price plus now Dallas has to pay him even real talks suggesting that Cooper could hit the FA market.

First round picks have great value for a reason if you draft well you not only get a good player but on a very manageable deal for 4 years with the 5th year option.

 

"If You draft well"

For the past couple of years the Eagles haven't

I think we won an SB in spite of their drafting, not because of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well once again like the nfl what defines a "tap" as opposed to more than a tap.Gonna vary with every officiating crew 

It’s a new idea and rule why I said iI was interested in seeing how it plays out....The concept is not a bad one just not sure how it will work out.

I do think I stated that was one on my concerns with the tap rule to much discretion going to the refs in a previous post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, trini said:

I suggested these three .because The Broncos and Bengals aren’t going anywhere...and there been reports about the Eagles interest in Von Miller and Harris, AJ Green has been hurt quite a bit and is 30. He might be affordable.I have read about us having inquired about these guys . As far as Josh Gordon we have NEVER had any luck with X Patriot players ...though Gordon was a player that I wanted from his Cleveland days . Patriot players leave for more money before they return to the team. I just don’t trust those x Patsies.

As in any trade...fit. must be a given.... Peterson / Groh did not utilize  Golden Tate last year he did not fit or we couldn’t figure out how to get the best out of Tate.   A fair offer anymore these days is the most Capital a team is willing to give up. Patriots gave up a #2 for Sanu ? I wouldn think at best... Sunu was worth a fourth...This Has been a point of Discussion with me about our valuation of players. Howie built a reputation as a deal maker, the last few big name players Cooper, Ramsey etc have slipped threw our fingers I get the logic on how we prefer to deal. The script has changed teams are using Howie’s old script against us.  

We keep getting second tier players...we will put a mediocre team on the field. I love the job Howie has done but things have changed . Teams are not as easily fleeced. Bottom line You get what you pay for and it is gonna cost more than what we are willing to spend Howie gotta step up and win some of these deals.

 

 

IDK Von is getting up there,Harris is a possible assuming they want to shop him.AJ Green-NAH if they wanted to dump him they would have before this..He's nearly ready to return

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ASG15 said:

"If You draft well"

For the past couple of years the Eagles haven't

I think we won an SB in spite of their drafting, not because of it.

I don’t think we have been terrible at drafting since Howie came back in 16 though I don’t think we have been great either....Doesn’t help we have made what only 14 picks in the last 3 years so something like that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

It would have to be a REALLY team friendly contract

Don't need that cancer in the locker room.How about getting the guys we have to PERFORM???? We're paying coaches to do that!!! WR's and coaches being paid well for no performance.Not gonna work with Lurie much longer.Of course if we lose Sunday,it's nearly over.yeah we have a fairly easy end of season,still we won;t have the record when we get there.need the next 2 period!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I don’t think we have been terrible at drafting since Howie came back in 16 though I don’t think we have been great either....Doesn’t help we have made what only 14 picks in the last 3 years so something like that 

I feel we draft above average,but we seriously lack the coaching staff after we get them.Can't seem to develop anyone sans RB's.TE coach is doing a good job IMO.WR coach needs to hit the bricks as well as the secondary coach and if Schwartz can't find those guys,then it's on him and he needs to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW Buffalo is favored to beat us lol.not a HUGE spread,but found that interesting.Seems we aren't the only ones who've had the faith shaken 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start of season power ranking was #6,right now we are at 18 and falling.Other teams have injuries too,just 2 really poor outings and one more and this team is in trouble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5-4 at the break and we still have a shot,but then we play the Pats and the hawks and at this point I'm not real sure we can beat the gnats either(UGH)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't need that cancer in the locker room.How about getting the guys we have to PERFORM???? We're paying coaches to do that!!! WR's and coaches being paid well for no performance.Not gonna work with Lurie much longer.Of course if we lose Sunday,it's nearly over.yeah we have a fairly easy end of season,still we won;t have the record when we get there.need the next 2 period!

Is he a cancer, like AB, or is he just a stoner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1764932538_missedhole.jpg.35b853070f68dc872e1881b94b5caa68.jpg

Why isn't the running game working?

I could have ran through this hole.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kid just doesn’t have much experience.  He only played one year of college. We have to develop him. Just keep giving him the rock. When he finally starts busting them it will be huge plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now