DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I’ve been thinking the same with JJ. I know we all felt let down when he dropped that pass at the beginning of the season. But we almost have no choice. Got to develop him. Get him involved. Make those mistakes early in the season so we can reap the benefits as the season wears on.

40 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Is he a cancer, like AB, or is he just a stoner?

IDK,been suspended,moved from team to team(must be a reason for it).Apparently the Pats even gave up on him.If he'll work for 15.00 an hour,bring him in lol

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve been thinking the same with JJ. I know we all felt let down when he dropped that pass at the beginning of the season. But we almost have no choice. Got to develop him. Get him involved. Make those mistakes early in the season so we can reap the benefits as the season wears on.

IDK he was catching passes in college? Can't get open?(like all our other WR's and when they do they can't catch it).Seems he was a star in August,then again he was practicing vs our secondary 🙄 

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK,been suspended,moved from team to team(must be a reason for it).

I mean agree with the first one but Gordon has only played for two nfl teams Pats and Browns....Making it sound like he is on his 6th franchise in his career.

Also not saying we go after him....If he is waived and we can sign him for league min. Sure why not but other then that pass 

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

Gordon was/is(idk) a stoner most his issues were self inflicted never attacked or blamed teammates or domestic problems....So no I would not put him anywhere near the same grouping as AB 

Reports keep saying we want Chris Harris badly and I’m not saying we are not interested but feel like the media is blowing it out of proportion....Same way they talked about Clowney then Ramsey etc.

Gordon has such a long history of screwing up I can’t believe you guys would suggest bringing him on the team. Disappointed in you for only looking at talent and not taking any of this in consideration. I don’t care if he tries to play for league minimum. We don’t have time for that crap.

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gordon has such a long history of screwing up I can’t believe you guys would suggest bringing him on the team. Disappointed in you for only looking at talent and not taking any of this in consideration. I don’t care if he tries to play for league minimum. We don’t have time for that crap.

Lmao your insane if you don’t take a talent at league min. Value literally have nothing to lose in that scenario(in Gordon case)...He isn’t going to fraction the locker room and won’t make the team worse....Worst case is he does something stupid and you release him no penalty since it is league min. No signing bonus....

Hence why it would be the only way I’d even consider the guy if I thought he was like AB then no don’t touch him at all.

3 hours ago, ASG15 said:

Aside from Gordon NOT... just saying no...I mean these days of medical marijuana as opposed to using narcotics... I always read ganja we’re Gordon’s only issues.  Is he a locker room issue. Non of our WR seem to be able to catch balls. We need a cheap receiver that can play. I do not like or want X Patriot players ....The Patrick Chung experience was enough for me.

There are folks in the media going out creating stories based on a perceived need for teams. The world knows our CB’s suck and our D Line is not generating any pressure. These day teams are showing if you got the Capital almost anyone can be bought in this league. Let’s get creative Howie.

Let’s Gooooooooo S.I.X.E.R.S. They played like I hoped the would...grinding the Celtics in the dust... Impressive win against a hated rival. This Team could be a Defensive Monster. We may need better shooting but watching this team play Defense they could be Special this year. S.I.X.E.R.S. Baby.

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao your insane if you don’t take a talent at league min. Value literally have nothing to lose in that scenario(in Gordon case)...He isn’t going to fraction the locker room and won’t make the team worse....Worst case is he does something stupid and you release him no penalty since it is league min. No signing bonus....

Hence why it would be the only way I’d even consider the guy if I thought he was like AB then no don’t touch him at all.

He went to college on probation and had to choose Baylor to stay in state. Then him and his friend were asleep in the drive through of Taco Bell. His friend kicked out of school. He was suspended. Then left Baylor because he couldn’t hack it there. Had to transfer to Utah. Missed the draft so he had to be in the supplemental draft. Busted numerous times for substance abuse by the NFL. Browns even suspended him for a game fit conduct detrimental to the team. It’s been said he’s known as being late to practice and meetings. On more than one occasion whacked out of his mind on drugs.

We just had Lane saying the team needed to crack down on the unprofessional behavior of some showing up late to meetings and practice. We need guys to take everything much more seriously. Show up and work hard at practice and meetings. And you guys want this clown who’s known as habitually not showing up on time, giving a crap or being a team guy? You fans just aren’t ever going to get it. Glad they got rid of the bad culture of Zach Brown. Probably should kick another clown or two to the curb(addition by subtraction).

Been keeping on, just not posting. There really isn't anything else  to say - our team doesn't want to play to win. Even injured we have the capacity, we had it during the SB drive, we can have it again if someone would just throw the switch. Unfortunately I believe that person was Reich.

Yes, I'm questioning Doug P's ability Show me you have more than big balls to go for it and trick plays. I always excelled taking over a business or getting it going again. If I didn't at least double sales ( often tripling ), I consider it a failure. And you know something? When you're known as a trouble shooter like that, things happen. Existing employees worry about their jobs. Fact is in 22 yrs I only fired 3 people, 1 doesn't count. DP has to re-consider some of his positions, or Jeff and Howie will - or better!

Ag;s had his chances, Call him out or sit him. Personally I don;t know what to do with him.He can be really great at times, then let us down, He;s got the ability, may need a sports shrink. For some crazy reason, I believe in him. Doesn't matter if he doesn't. The alligator arms are reason to let him go. On the other hand, he got open vs good coverage - man up and do it dude!

I love Diggs in Minnesota and if there is any truth in him wanting to be dealt and a chance the Vikings would deal him....Philly should be all in for him.

54 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He went to college on probation and had to choose Baylor to stay in state. Then him and his friend were asleep in the drive through of Taco Bell. His friend kicked out of school. He was suspended. Then left Baylor because he couldn’t hack it there. Had to transfer to Utah. Missed the draft so he had to be in the supplemental draft. Busted numerous times for substance abuse by the NFL. Browns even suspended him for a game fit conduct detrimental to the team. It’s been said he’s known as being late to practice and meetings. On more than one occasion whacked out of his mind on drugs.

We just had Lane saying the team needed to crack down on the unprofessional behavior of some showing up late to meetings and practice. We need guys to take everything much more seriously. Show up and work hard at practice and meetings. And you guys want this clown who’s known as habitually not showing up on time, giving a crap or being a team guy? You fans just aren’t ever going to get it. Glad they got rid of the bad culture of Zach Brown. Probably should kick another clown or two to the curb(addition by subtraction).

And you had Jenkins come out and say he has no clue what Lane was talking about lol 

55 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You fans just aren’t ever going to get it. Glad they got rid of the bad culture of Zach Brown.

Lmao your the guy who wanted Brown so you must be one of those fans your talking about....I get it clearly but a guy with no stock in the team on a league min. Deal isn’t going to do anything to the team in terms of culture of the locker room he isn’t going to drastically alter it....And if he was a problem then simple you cut him you make it out to be some huge thing like oh he going to make the whole team stoners and make everyone show up late lol 

Gordon would be near the bottom of my list of guys and like I said would only take the flier at league min.

Honestly most realistic target and probably best fit would be Robby Anderson from the Jets.

More of a pipe dream target as I mentioned would be Diggs another guy I think would fit great

AJ Green at the right price maybe but reports saying teams would offer a 1st for him no way I would maybe a 3rd at best...Sure great WR when healthy but heath has been an issue plus he is what 31-32 already

33 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I love Diggs in Minnesota and if there is any truth in him wanting to be dealt and a chance the Vikings would deal him....Philly should be all in for him.

And you had Jenkins come out and say he has no clue what Lane was talking about lol 

Why would the Vikes lose Diggs???

26 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Gordon would be near the bottom of my list of guys and like I said would only take the flier at league min.

Honestly most realistic target and probably best fit would be Robby Anderson from the Jets.

More of a pipe dream target as I mentioned would be Diggs another guy I think would fit great

AJ Green at the right price maybe but reports saying teams would offer a 1st for him no way I would maybe a 3rd at best...Sure great WR when healthy but heath has been an issue plus he is what 31-32 already

Jets in re-build mode,they aren't dealing Robby.Rook QB,he'll learn,RB in Bell,why would they give up what they have? Need to work on the lines,maybe snag a TE.A few years away,but they have a nice start to a re-build.They can build through the draft without losing anyone and replacing them as their draft picks work out

40 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao your the guy who wanted Brown so you must be one of those fans your talking about....I get it clearly but a guy with no stock in the team on a league min. Deal isn’t going to do anything to the team in terms of culture of the locker room he isn’t going to drastically alter it....And if he was a problem then simple you cut him you make it out to be some huge thing like oh he going to make the whole team stoners and make everyone show up late lol 

Why would we even want the frustration of that here???? We already have enough issues without adding to them.I'll take a hard pass 

37 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Yes I wanted Brown. Obviously didn’t realize how detrimental he was as a teammate. So I thought he was a good signing. I was wrong. Seems clear he was bad for the culture. I didn’t hesitate with him being shown the door however. I said good riddance. I don’t really think everything has been nearly as obvious with Brown as it has with Gordon. Gordon EVERYBODY knows. 

Loving the way this kid Alexander Mattison is running for the Vikes. He has speed and athletism. He’s running physical and doesn’t give up. Boise St RB, another one of the third round RB crowd from this draft.

9 hours ago, ASG15 said:

"If You draft well"

For the past couple of years the Eagles haven't

I think we won an SB in spite of their drafting, not because of it.

We won a SB due to the drafts from further back... you don't win a SB because you drafted well that year or the year before.  It takes time.