DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OK so list every WR in the league,that way you can say you called it. I think Tyreek Hill wants out,so lets go get him

lmao Guess you can do the same with CBs. Lol I want Lattimore in NO he wants out let’s go get him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

LOL imagine thinking Gordon's issues are just weed and alcohol.

He's admitted to being addicted to Codeine as well as using cocaine.

Yes in high School. like about 80% of NFL Players. Probably 80% of us EMB posters too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stine said:

Yes in high School. like about 80% of NFL Players. Probably 80% of us EMB posters too....

LOL no, I never blew coke up my nose or drank anything with codeine unless I was sick. It is funny though that you're trying to defend it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don Corleone said:

LOL no, I never blew coke up my nose or drank anything with codeine unless I was sick

Good for you!  You are one of the few. I only drink now occasionally, but just about everyone on my football team in HS had tried Coke at least once. I am going back over 40 years, so I imagine it is not any better now. At least in the Public schools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stine said:

Good for you!  You are one of the few. I only drink now occasionally, but just about everyone on my football team in HS had tried Coke at least once. I am going back over 40 years, so I imagine it is not any better now. At least in the Public schools

LOL don't be condescending. Drinking alcohol and drinking codeine is something completely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stine said:

Where are you finding this out? Is it a reliable source or just gossip? Has it happened recently or when he was in Cleveland? My point is, people change. Not sure if this is the case here, but I am sure the Eagles would do their homework should they decide to take a shot at him...

New England has been desperate for a WR. So I’m sure he just became a model citizen and the Pats are going to get rid of him for absolutely no reason. The guy has been going through this his whole life. Screwing up millions of dollars over and over because he doesn’t give a crap about football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

New England has been desperate for a WR. So I’m sure he just became a model citizen and the Pats are going to get rid of him for absolutely no reason. The guy has been going through this his whole life. Screwing up millions of dollars over and over because he doesn’t give a crap about football.

It's cool though, everyone has done it in high school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trini said:

Scuttlebutt by fired employees is commonplace.  Not a surprise those comments from an X Cow#itch. I’m buying some of those comments. Understandable We know that Malcom is underpaid and is playing good soldier playing on his current contract. He hasn’t gotten paid, is there some discord there... The same could be said about Agholor. Last few years the Eagles have been shopping Agholor... he may do his job reporting to work but his heart may no longer be with the Eagles as he knows he is No longer in the teams plans. Human nature. 

Part of this is called : being a professional. I don’t really think Jenkins was/is underpaid. He signed a huge deal as a S. Players have been paid more since. The way it always happens. The truth is he’s lost a step. You’d be paying him for yesterday’s play more than today or tomorrow’s play by giving him a raise. But Scandrick didn’t really say too much. But that a veteran captain wasn’t doing his job. And the truth is watching the All 22 I said the same thing. It has clearly been Jenkins job to be over the top of our corners several times this season. But Douglas, Darby...are taking the blame. I’ll add Sendejo in this also. Between Sendejo and Jenkins they have been out of position a bunch. These are veteran players. Just can’t have it. Our corners are bad enough but they take all the blame.

 Agholor is getting paid more than he’s worth this season. And we took him too high in the draft. So he should love the Eagles. Being in a contract season usually players ball out to earn that new contract. So I’m not sure where you are coming from with that...other than trade rumors and the city making him a running joke making him understandably salty. Of coarse he should prove all that wrong. Easiest way to shut it all up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

LOL don't be condescending. Drinking alcohol and drinking codeine is something completely different.

I understand that. What I was just trying to point out is most people in HS experiment with some sort of drug at some point. If you ask around and they are truthful, it should be the majority.

Listen, Gordon screwed up, many times. Would you or I do that? I would say heck no!! I would give my left arm to make a million or more playing a game I love. I have no clue where his mind is at. Most likely he will never give up Alcohol and Pot. Maybe he might for a year or two. Should the Eagles take a chance? Probably not, but he is a better option than what we have and would not cost us anything should he fail for a 3rd or 4th time.... not sure how many it is lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stine said:

I understand that. What I was just trying to point out is most people in HS experiment with some sort of drug at some point. If you ask around and they are truthful, it should be the majority.

Listen, Gordon screwed up, many times. Would you or I do that? I would say heck no!! I would give my left arm to make a million or more playing a game I love. I have no clue where his mind is at. Most likely he will never give up Alcohol and Pot. Maybe he might for a year or two. Should the Eagles take a chance? Probably not, but he is a better option than what we have and would not cost us anything should he fail for a 3rd or 4th time.... not sure how many it is lol

I drank alcohol and smoked weed, but it never lead to anything else. Baylor and Art Briles did him no favors either, they enabled his behavior. Maybe, maybe he's changed, but there are too many red flags. If they're going to add someone, maybe they pull a trade for Robby Anderson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

New England has been desperate for a WR. So I’m sure he just became a model citizen and the Pats are going to get rid of him for absolutely no reason. The guy has been going through this his whole life. Screwing up millions of dollars over and over because he doesn’t give a crap about football.

  Yes, he hasn't learned a thing yet. Will he? that is for the next GM to decide...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don Corleone said:

I drank alcohol and smoked weed, but it never lead to anything else. Baylor and Art Briles did him no favors either, they enabled his behavior. Maybe, maybe he's changed, but there are too many red flags. If they're going to add someone, maybe they pull a trade for Robby Anderson.

  Heck I would take any of the GB WR's also and they would probably cost less. I would take Lazard....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stine said:

  Heck I would take any of the GB WR's also and they would probably cost less. I would take Lazard....

I knew the position was going to have some question going into TC. With Shelton Gibson and Mack Hollins, plus I had a few concerns with DeSean's health, same with Alshon.

Mack Hollins has come out and said that he prefers to play special teams, so I'm not sure he'll be with the Eagles after this season. Agholor is more than likely gone, plus, they gave Alshon an extension, not sure why, but OK.

With his injury history as well as DeSean's, I'm all for taking a WR in the first. Bama has 2 that I really like, Henry Ruggs III and Jerry Jeudy. Also, K.J Hamler from Penn State. The group as a whole in the 2020 draft should be rather deep, they need to get one of these guys.

Ruggs III and Hamler are reportedly 4.25 guys while Jeudy is a 4.4 guy, there's plenty of speed there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all are talking about these NFL Players making millions and here I sit worried if I am going to have to retire early in case I have to watch my mom 24/7....

    Getting old sucks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

I knew the position was going to have some question going into TC. With Shelton Gibson and Mack Hollins, plus I had a few concerns with DeSean's health, same with Alshon.

Mack Hollins has come out and said that he prefers to play special teams, so I'm not sure he'll be with the Eagles after this season. Agholor is more than likely gone, plus, they gave Alshon an extension, not sure why, but OK.

With his injury history as well as DeSean's, I'm all for taking a WR in the first. Bama has 2 that I really like, Henry Ruggs III and Jerry Jeudy. Also, K.J Hamler from Penn State. The group as a whole in the 2020 draft should be rather deep, they need to get one of these guys.

Ruggs III and Hamler are reportedly 4.25 guys while Jeudy is a 4.4 guy, there's plenty of speed there.

Knowing our luck we pick the wrong one lol Maybe our WR coach needs to go too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stine said:

Knowing our luck we pick the wrong one lol Maybe our WR coach needs to go too....

This group is really deep, it would be hard for them to screw it up, then again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO my first draft pick would be Okudah(CB-Ohio st).I will be watching him intently tomorrow as basically this is the game for the big ten crown(vs Wisconsin).Should be all out war.Round 2 would be a WR in my book,and as of now we have 2 round 3's one of which I would use to snag a S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So,I'm thinking Okuda in 1 and Devonta Smith(or similar) the "unknown" WR from bama who should be around in 2 at this WAY TOO EARLY point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stine said:

Good for you!  You are one of the few. I only drink now occasionally, but just about everyone on my football team in HS had tried Coke at least once. I am going back over 40 years, so I imagine it is not any better now. At least in the Public schools

I don't drink anymore

Or anyless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Thats why it's in quotes

Bama has a plethora of WR's.

Jeudy, Smith, Ruggs and Waddle, though Waddle is a sophomore, he'll be the one everyone is looking at next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

This group is really deep, it would be hard for them to screw it up, then again...

Lmao be Donnell pumpfrey all over again...This amazing deep class and we still some how find a way land a dud 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now