DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Kenyan Drake to AZ

So once again,a team with playoff aspirations would at least want him around as a BU no??? If he was so adequate why was he cut?And once again whom do you cut to make a roster space for him?

Lmao not necessarily many factors could be in play for why a guy got cut....Also what he does on one team doesn’t effect what he can do on another. Fact is Jmatt has been fairly productive here and is a better WR option then what we have right now that maybe says more about what we have at WR but facts....As for who you cut any bottom of the roster player that we cycle through anyway....

On the "pro" side he is familiar with our offense and would fit in quickly,on the con side,someone else has to go to the PS or be cut.Possibly that person could be Scott(back to the PS),so although I can't rule out that we add him in,I can't get real excited about it either.But this could be the "something fun",which IDK what's fun about it,but.......Now that AZ has snagged Drake,it would be safer to move Scott back to the PS.So getting JMatt has pro's and cons

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao not necessarily many factors could be in play for why a guy got cut....Also what he does on one team doesn’t effect what he can do on another. Fact is Jmatt has been fairly productive here and is a better WR option then what we have right now that maybe says more about what we have at WR but facts....As for who you cut any bottom of the roster player that we cycle through anyway....

LMAO "many factors ,then why keep him for 7 weeks if there are issues?? If there were issues he'd have been gone opening day

7 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Which "bottom roster" player?You know we are thin in many areas.Like I said possibly Scott back to the PS

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LMAO "many factors ,then why keep him for 7 weeks if there are issues?? If there were issues he'd have been gone opening day

I mean getting Sanders changes a ton also not sure how Jmatt effected there comp. picks either and getting Sanders then makes him expendable...So yea many factors are in play 

I mean getting Sanders changes a ton also not sure how Jmatt effected there comp. picks either and getting Sanders then makes him expendable...So yea many factors are in play 

IDK maybe JMatt in the slot and move AG outside? IDK but seems possible if AG has the speed

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Happy to see Sanders break it out,I think we were waiting for this to happen,which DOES give us a bit more freedom to do something else

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Which "bottom roster" player?You know we are thin in many areas

Who cares lol you over think it to much....Craig James could an option if Maddox is healthy with LeBlanc in wings to return...Depending on Timmy Jerigan could be a DT....Could get creative and place a guy like Miller on IR with a mystery injury....

IDK dude,Miami just gave away Drake,so maybe we go after Davante Parker? IDK that would be a possible also.he's the last decent guy on their roster

At this stage of the game not much we can do to help our WR position......Best case scenario we make a trade for a guy to upgrade the unit...Other options is stick with what we got and hope Djax gets healthy sooner rather then later....Or again getting a guy like Jmatt from FA no not exciting but should still give us better production at WR then Hollins 

At this stage of the game not much we can do to help our WR position......Best case scenario we make a trade for a guy to upgrade the unit...Other options is stick with what we got and hope Djax gets healthy sooner rather then later....Or again getting a guy like Jmatt from FA no not exciting but should still give us better production at WR then Hollins 

Parker is an upgrade over both/either IMO

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK dude,Miami just gave away Drake,so maybe we go after Davante Parker? IDK that would be a possible also.he's the last decent guy on their roster

Not against a trade for a guy would be my first option but we have till 4pm tomorrow to make that happen...

40 yard dash times Parker-4.45,Hurns 4.54,Agholor 4.44  parker has better hands than AG(just sayin)

COuld do that(Parker for a pick) then a straight trade AG for Peterson with AZ-there thats fixed HAHAHA.Fitz is gettin old in AZ and Christian is hurt,so AG would help them

Basically you are getting 2 players for 1 pick with minimal impact on the cap.IDK how the contracts are worked,but IMO would be a good deal.Parker good enough out side while we wait for Djax to return,then he'd be a HUGE slot target for Wentz.DC would know all about how this would affect the cap(if we did it)

I would much rather we trade for a CB then a WR. As DC pointed out, there are many options for WR in next year's draft. I do not want to give up a 2nd round pick for a WR when I can grab one in the first next year plus we need more help on the D-Line as it is getting old.... Even with Parker, we would have no shot at a title so why do it?

If you had Peterson, would you personally trade him straight up for Agholor? I would not even give up a 7th rounder for him. Everyone sees what we do.

WOuld give us Alshon,parker out Hollins/JJaw slot,later Alshon Djax out,Parker in the slot.TOTAL speculation,but I like it cause we'd also have Peterson for our secondary woes

3 minutes ago, stine said:

I would much rather we trade for a CB then a WR. As DC pointed out, there are many options for WR in next year's draft. I do not want to give up a 2nd round pick for a WR when I can grab one in the first next year plus we need more help on the D-Line as it is getting old.... Even with Parker, we would have no shot at a title so why do it?

We don't know if we have a shot or not at this point,we won yesterday,Dullaz is on bye,still 1/2  a season to go.If we're gonna make a run at it,may as well get the pieces,and picking up Peterson would help our defense not to mention Parker has better hands than AG,so a win for the O and a win for the D is why I do it

6 minutes ago, stine said:

If you had Peterson, would you personally trade him straight up for Agholor? I would not even give up a 7th rounder for him. Everyone sees what we do.

How many games has AG lost for us? One could argue 2 of them.hard to trust him no? Wentz needs solid performers he can count on Peterson is better than what we have.If you are scout what pick would you give up for AG knowing what you know?

9 minutes ago, stine said:

Yeah,agree good class coming,then again Jjaw was supposed to shine and.........it's a crap shoot

At any rate,it's all me speculating.means nothing at all,just tossing things around.Apparently something is in the works,but we don't know what it is yet

tweet from Zach Berman
Doug Pederson mentioned DT as a position the Eagles will consider at the trade deadline. ...I'd say DT is No. 1 and speed WR is No. 2 for positions to watch. Unless it's a CB who figures to be part of '20 plans, Eagles are optimistic about original group getting healthy.

Sooooo Leonard Williams maybe.....Lmao as I was typing this alert came on my phone the Giants traded for Williams