DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

19 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Big V is another guy I could see us using as a trade chip and supposedly some teams have some interest in him.

That is interesting. I forgot about him as trade bait. A team could offer someone of good value for Big V.... Maybe a DT or CB?

18 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I thought Jernigan was looking to be back in action for this next game. 

I looked and the official listing is Questionable for week 9. I would think that means he is a go after the bye week, no? That would be a huge boost for the D-Line.

Although that was a good win in Buffalo hope we’re NOT gonna sit pat....thinking that our returning guys will be good enough to make a playoff push. I don’t See it . We continue to pick up second tier players and think we’re gonna compete with the elites. Today is the deadline. I guess we’ll see what this OLD team is thinking.

1 hour ago, trini said:

Although that was a good win in Buffalo hope we’re NOT gonna sit pat....thinking that our returning guys will be good enough to make a playoff push. I don’t See it . We continue to pick up second tier players and think we’re gonna compete with the elites. Today is the deadline. I guess we’ll see what this OLD team is thinking.

Trini, I would not hold your breath. I doubt there are any deals that we can make without mortgaging the future. Giving up a #2 for a WR like Parker may look good, but not if they are targeting one in the 1st round next year which they feel will benefit the team more down the road and next year. Plus, to make a real push for the title, I feel one player will not be enough. So would you give up your first and second round picks for players that may help us get deep in the play-offs, but will kill the team's future? We are getting old and need youth. Peters. Graham, Jenkins, Agholor, Curry, Jeffrey and Kerrigan are all players we need to replace next year or the year after. WE need more help in other areas as well. Let's face it. We need draft picks the next two years. Because we did not draft as well as we preferred, we probably need more, not less. This way we may hit on a few. The plus is we will be unloading allot of cash, so we should be able to bring in a couple high priced Free Agents to help. Howie has his work cut out for him....

I still say we need another OC. Gruden is at the top of my list....

2 hours ago, stine said:

That is interesting. I forgot about him as trade bait. A team could offer someone of good value for Big V.... Maybe a DT or CB?

I think a big V trade depends on where Mailata is in his development and the status of his back.

3 hours ago, stine said:

Reports saying we are making Curry available as well could speak highly of sweat and hall 

Though not sure we would get much if anything for curry 

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

I think a big V trade depends on where Mailata is in his development and the status of his back.

Mailata on IR isn’t he he isn’t going to return this year....Think the bigger question is JP health...If he is healthy then you have Dillard as the top backup for both T spots...Which makes big V more expendable. 

7 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Mailata on IR isn’t he he isn’t going to return this year....Think the bigger question is JP health...If he is healthy then you have Dillard as the top backup for both T spots...Which makes big V more expendable. 

Didn't see that Mailata went to IR. If that's the case trading big V would be a gamble considering JPs recent injury history

7 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Damn Jets open to trading Bell already 

What's with that do you think? Got to be more to it...

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Gase blasted the numbers that Bell signed for in the beginning. Of coarse the whole rest of the league thought those numbers were too high as well. Created an incredibly awkward situation for a new coach(who thinks of himself as a GM also) and franchise RB.

23 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Damn Jets open to trading Bell already 

Maybe Bell realizes that the Jets are disfunctional. Darnold looks lost...Their OLine is a wreck Bell does not look very effective in Gase offense. Bell might want to go to a team that can contend.

4 minutes ago, trini said:

Maybe Bell realizes that the Jets are disfunctional. Darnold looks lost...Their OLine is a wreck Bell does not look very effective in Gase offense. Bell might want to go to a team that can contend.

doubt anyone wants him at his price.... Would have to take a pay cut...

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Robbie Anderson for Big V....would you make that trade?

Faster than it took you to write that message bud. 

The Eagles pass defense has especially struggled on passes over 10 air yards targeting the seams this season, after performing above average the previous two seasons.

Comp Pct Allowed Above Expectation on these passes:
2017: -2.2%
2018: -4.8%
2019: +14.9%

1 hour ago, trini said:

Yeah... sat out and lost all that $$$... how things looking now ...lol.   

5 hours ago, stine said:

No, I agree that Ags is not part of the future here GBFL. Your points are valid. Just do not think any other team has interest in him either. Not unless they feel they can fix his issues. So , why would a team trade for him? Maybe a 6th or 7th rounder, but I doubt it. Probably just wait for us to drop him and sign him to a team friendly contract to see what he can do. I see NE trying him out lol...

Yeah whats sad to me is the potential he has if he can learn to soften his hands up.He is just inconsistent and hard to trust as a "go to" guy.This is where I thought JJaw could shine(in the slot),but so far all he has won is August lol

3 hours ago, stine said:

Trini, I would not hold your breath. I doubt there are any deals that we can make without mortgaging the future. Giving up a #2 for a WR like Parker may look good, but not if they are targeting one in the 1st round next year which they feel will benefit the team more down the road and next year. Plus, to make a real push for the title, I feel one player will not be enough. So would you give up your first and second round picks for players that may help us get deep in the play-offs, but will kill the team's future? We are getting old and need youth. Peters. Graham, Jenkins, Agholor, Curry, Jeffrey and Kerrigan are all players we need to replace next year or the year after. WE need more help in other areas as well. Let's face it. We need draft picks the next two years. Because we did not draft as well as we preferred, we probably need more, not less. This way we may hit on a few. The plus is we will be unloading allot of cash, so we should be able to bring in a couple high priced Free Agents to help. Howie has his work cut out for him....

I still say we need another OC. Gruden is at the top of my list....

Yeah giving a 4th isnt too bad because as of now we have 1,2,3,3 in draft picks and I would hang on to those 3's because good players can still be had in 3 or we could give a 3 to move up for someone we want.This is a terrific WR class coming up and it would not shock me if we took 2(say a 2nd and a 3rd).As DC and I pointed out Bama has 3 good ones and I would be happy to take any of the 3.Also Hill from OSU has to be on our radar.The 1 and other 3 pick I would like to see a CB(Okudah in 1?) and possibly a S or another lineman as the second 3 pick.of course this will all change,but as of now.those are my preferences

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Big cost,average production,but they are making a mistake.It's not him it's their less than stellar O line.Nice lot of RB's coming up in the next draft,perhaps they are eyeing that and adding to the O line

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Robbie Anderson for Big V....would you make that trade?

No,only for the fact you're not sitting a guy you are paying 9 mil