DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We had a full crew of WR's,yet Ertz was a stat beast.Now you can say "we don't have the WR's"  and I will throw the BS flag.Alshon is a weapon and so is AG,so you're telling me lack of 1 WR is causing Ertz stat drop?.Not buying

Isn’t Ertz like 2nd in catches for TEs and yards he wasn’t going to be that 116 catch guy again...Plus I mean Alshon has been the only productive WR....So yea when your only threats in the passing game are Ertz/Alshon makes it way easier to guard them.... If other guys stepped up would open up more for them 

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not really reason we have a good ST unit is because we get guys that are good on STs....You shouldn’t undervalue the unit. Maragos, Ford, Braham(might have spelled his name wrong), Hollins we have made it a pretty important part of our team building to get ST aces 

Our ST's are ok,nothing special.We have a kicker who cnaa kick into the EZ so most times they arent needed.As far as returns,those guys are easy to find

Isn’t Ertz like 2nd in catches for TEs and yards he wasn’t going to be that 116 catch guy again...Plus I mean Alshon has been the only productive WR....So yea when your only threats in the passing game are Ertz/Alshon makes it way easier to guard them.... If other guys stepped up would open up more for them 

IDK just hard for me to believe in 8 games he only has 1 TD? I mean he was a RZ TD machine,but now that all changed because we dont have Djax(who is basically not a RZ type guy at that range anyway,he is a deep ball guy)

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Our ST's are ok,nothing special.We have a kicker who cnaa kick into the EZ so most times they arent needed.As far as returns,those guys are easy to find

Lmao ST teams counts PR coverage as well...and really returns are easy to find we brought Sproles back because we don’t have a punter return guy and we have not had a good KR in years 

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

2nd in catches,not surprising since our WR's drop the second most in the league lol

IDK just hard for me to believe in 8 games he only has 1 TD? I mean he was a RZ TD machine,but now that all changed because we dont have Djax(who is basically not a RZ type guy at that range anyway,he is a deep ball guy)

Ertz has never dominated in the RZ or been a TD machine last year was the outliner for him and I think he had 8....Ertz production was always volume catches and yards 

Lmao ST teams counts PR coverage as well...and really returns are easy to find we brought Sproles back because we don’t have a punter return guy and we have not had a good KR in years 

Once again adequate,nothing special

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Ertz has never dominated in the RZ or been a TD machine last year was the outliner for him and I think he had 8....Ertz production was always volume catches and yards 

Well he needs 7 TD's then to match previous.it's just alarming to me what a weapon he is and we can't get him the ball in the RZ

Once again adequate,nothing special

Lmao what do you want the ST unit to do lol pretty sure we always grade in around the top 10 on STs so yea say we are pretty damn good 

6 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Hollins value is as a STer great as the 4th or 5th option and will on occasion make a nice play he just has not been that #2 or even 3rd guy we need right now...

He wasn't even looked at by Wentz.   Stats really don't matter.     Right now when we use 3WRs... we are basically short an option for the QB.  He is just there to run around as a distraction.  That's the bigger issue.... the reason doesnt matter... but Hollins isn't beong looked at.   We need 5 weapons back on the field at once when we go 3 WRs. 

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

He wasn't even looked at by Wentz.   Stats really don't matter.     Right now when we use 3WRs... we are basically short an option for the QB.  He is just there to run around as a distraction.  That's the bigger issue.... the reason doesnt matter... but Hollins isn't beong looked at.   We need 5 weapons back on the field at once when we go 3 WRs. 

Lmao pretty much my point we are short and option and need someone to be that....If he is on he field 59% of the time and not doing anything clearly there is an issue 

http://www.nfl.com/player/zachertz/2540158/careerstats Still concerning to be,this O was supposed to be a juggernaut.We get glimpses,but can't put it together

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao what do you want the ST unit to do lol pretty sure we always grade in around the top 10 on STs so yea say we are pretty damn good 

yep Hollins has to be the key!!!! Lose him and it all falls apart

http://www.nfl.com/player/zachertz/2540158/careerstats Still concerning to be,this O was supposed to be a juggernaut.We get glimpses,but can't put it together

yep Hollins has to be the key!!!!

Lmao there you go with the extremes again....Never once said any of that...But us putting value on STs does that 

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

If he is not being looked at,it's becaue he can't get open and that's a WR"s job

Lmao there you go with the extremes again....Never once said any of that...But us putting value on STs does that 

Welp I said to lose Hollins and you said he is our ST'er,then you say it's not about him,so which is it?

If he is not being looked at,it's becaue he can't get open and that's a WR"s job

Welp I said to lose Hollins and you said he is our ST'er,then you say it's not about him,so which is it?

Lmao I said Hollins is a good Ster he is us valuing STs helps the STs unit....I just don’t neglect the fact that having good STers is the reason we have a good STs unit I don’t think it is just a anyone can do it thing....your making it sound like I’m saying Hollins is single handily making the STs unit great which I never said 

Lmao I said Hollins is a good Ster he is us valuing STs helps the STs unit....I just don’t neglect the fact that having good STers is the reason we have a good STs unit I don’t think it is just a anyone can do it thing....your making it sound like I’m saying Hollins is single handily making the STs unit great which I never said 

So in your opinion all around,would you keep him because he is a ST'er but a suck WR? Or would you move on? Just curious

All I am saying is IMO Hollins is starting to look like an MS2 boo boo.Still on rook contract(last year I believe?) But is he helping us win games? I dont think so.I mean zip stats,we would have been better off to keep Treggs and have him "run around as a distraction" DEEP

So in your opinion all around,would you keep him because he is a ST'er but a suck WR? Ro would you move on? Kust curious

Depends if I’m looking for a 3rd or 4th WR a guy that could/should be a serious part of our O would want the best WR available....

If I’m carrying a 5th or possibly 6th WR that likely never sees the field as a WR would want the guy that can help my team the most and that would be a STer 

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

All I am saying is IMO Hollins is starting to look like an MS2 boo boo.Still on rook contract(last year I believe?) But is he helping us win games? I dont think so

Nobody can look like Ms2 he was a 1st round bust that we never even let on the field....Hollins was a 4th round gamble HUGE DIFFERENCE 

Depends if I’m looking for a 3rd or 4th WR a guy that could/should be a serious part of our O would want the best WR available....

If I’m carrying a 5th or possibly 6th WR that likely never sees the field as a WR would want the guy that can help my team the most and that would be a STer 

IDK,he's not even performing at a 5th or 6th level in my view.I would try Ward,we have nothing to lose.If both suck,then it's time to get busy and get some in here

What’s really telling to me is as bad as Hollins has been JJaw has not taken reps from him what does that say about our 2nd round rook....

not jumping the gun on the rook yet but feel like he should have been able to take more reps away from Hollins 

IDK,he's not even performing at a 5th or 6th level in my view.I would try Ward,we have nothing to lose.If both suck,then it's time to get busy and get some in here

That is the point you are solely looking at the WR aspect though I’m looking at the ST value in that view....Seriously find me the 5th and 6th option on teams and tell me how many catches they have for there teams lol they don’t have any or if they do it is under 10 I’m betting 

What’s really telling to me is as bad as Hollins has been JJaw has not taken reps from him what does that say about our 2nd round rook....

not jumping the gun on the rook yet but feel like he should have been able to take more reps away from Hollins 

Well,thats my issue.Jjaw won August,he's still a rook he still has upside.I just don't know how long we're going to wait around for Hollins to becaome worth of a 4th round draft pick.OK we knew he wasn't a round 1 guy,yet when asked to fill in you should post SOME kind of stat line

That is the point you are solely looking at the WR aspect though I’m looking at the ST value in that view....Seriously find me the 5th and 6th option on teams and tell me how many catches they have for there teams lol they don’t have any or if they do it is under 10 I’m betting 

So he's a ST'er not a WR that we drafted for,got it(pointless to put him in as a WR then)

Perfect world we get a 5th WR option that is great Developmental WR and STer and would climb the ranks but that doesn’t always happen 

Well you keep looking,thats what we have a staff for,it's been 4 years(1/2 was down for injury),still it's wasted 4 years