DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well,thats my issue.Jjaw won August,he's still a rook he still has upside.I just don't know how long we're going to wait around for Hollins to becaome worth of a 4th round draft pick.OK we knew he wasn't a round 1 guy,yet when asked to fill in you should post SOME kind of stat line

So he's a ST'er not a WR that we drafted for,got it(pointless to put him in as a WR then)

Not like it is the first time we have done it Maragos anyone how about Braham lol....Just saying if we are relying on the 5th and 6th WR look like our CBS when we were on the 5th and 6th guys like crap 

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well you keep looking,thats what we have a staff for,it's been 4 years(1/2 was down for injury),still it's wasted 4 years

This is Hollins 3rd year lol 

And he missed a full season last year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK just using the eye test,other teams lose stars,yet their guys step up and offer at least some kind of stat line.So we have ONE guy down and that means we lose stats with 2 TE threats?Most teams only have 1 TE worth anything,so missing one guy isn't an excuse for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not like it is the first time we have done it Maragos anyone how about Braham lol....Just saying if we are relying on the 5th and 6th WR look like our CBS when we were on the 5th and 6th guys like crap 

This is Hollins 3rd year lol 

And he missed a full season last year 

OK wasn't sure if 3rd or 4th,but IMO it's time to cut bait and find others that can perform and this is a great draft coming to do it

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Hollins

promising rookie year 

Idk WRs injury 2nd year 

disappointment 3rd year

No clue where the 4th year came from or 1/2 year injury came from 

Didn't say 1/2 year I said 1/2 his TIME here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So,he's healthy now,no production.Why would year 4 be different? Wasted roster spot.Hurting our team becaue basically teams can put a lackluster DB on him and still cover him lol.he scares noone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OK wasn't sure if 3rd or 4th,but IMO it's time to cut bait and find others that can perform and this is a great draft coming to do it

Didn't say 1/2 year I said 1/2 his TIME here 

That a great time for sink or swim also lol....Next year competition brings the best out of guys. Need a new 3rd WR AG gone need future starters Alshon/Djax not spring chickens.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So,he's healthy now,no production.Why would year 4 be different? Wasted roster spot

😂 JJaw must be the same then right wasted roster spot....Honestly right now both guys are a waste they are not producing hell AG is a waste also....Nothing we can do about it....Next year hit the draft and let the new competition begin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

That a great time for sink or swim also lol....Next year competition brings the best out of guys. Need a new 3rd WR AG gone need future starters Alshon/Djax not spring chickens.... 

Just rather surprised with no production that we waited this long,haven't seen Ward play alot,maybe it's time to let him have his shot,as I said it can't be worse than nothing

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

😂 JJaw must be the same then right wasted roster spot....Honestly right now both guys are a waste they are not producing hell AG is a waste also....Nothing we can do about it....Next year hit the draft and let the new competition begin 

Difference between a wet behind the ears rook and a guy thats been here 3 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just rather surprised with no production that we waited this long,haven't seen Ward play alot,maybe it's time to let him have his shot,as I said it can't be worse than nothing

I see it as more telling we don’t think Jjaw or even Ward are good enough to take reps from Hollins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jjaw won August because he was going up against our DB's 🙄

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I see it as more telling we don’t think Jjaw or even Ward are good enough to take reps from Hollins...

So whats the harm in trying? Can't get less then ZERO eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Jjaw won August because he was going up against our DB's 🙄

So whats the harm in trying? Can't get less then ZERO eh?

The coaching staff sees these players everyday and they feel like Hollins is the best option....If these WRs can’t win in practice vs our DBs(or hell just outplay Hollins) then not a ton of faith in them vs other teams 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO,feel bad for Sproles,I hope we hire him as an assistant coach,but I think his time is done

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

The coaching staff sees these players everyday and they feel like Hollins is the best option....If these WRs can’t win in practice vs our DBs(or hell just outplay Hollins) then not a ton of faith in them vs other teams 

so we have 3 WR's that can all produce ZERO-wonderful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But none of it is my call....Like I said I would either go all in on JJaw give him all the reps I could...Like you said can’t be worse then Hollins right now....Or again sign Jmatt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

But none of it is my call....Like I said I would either go all in on JJaw give him all the reps I could...Like you said can’t be worse then Hollins right now....Or again sign Jmatt 

Not my call either,just venting over the frustration I have.last week was a nice change for me and I hope that running game is finally in gear.We shall see.Tough run D in chicago,so we're gonna need those receivers to step up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If he is not being looked at,it's becaue he can't get open and that's a WR"s job

GBFL... I was at the game live... I mean Hollins was not looked at by Wentz..... like not to even see if he was open.     For whatever reason ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard Sanders shoulder came back negative hopefully he plays vs the Bears he has been our most explosive receiver 

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

GBFL... I was at the game live... I mean Hollins was not looked at by Wentz..... like not to even see if he was open.     For whatever reason ...

That isn’t a good things if that is not cause for concern not sure what is....Doug and Co. have to realize this right???? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

GBFL... I was at the game live... I mean Hollins was not looked at by Wentz..... like not to even see if he was open.     For whatever reason ...

IDK maybe he knows there is nothing to look at? Glad the running game was hot so he didn't need to

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Heard Sanders shoulder came back negative hopefully he plays vs the Bears he has been our most explosive receiver 

Like the tandem,one week Jordan,1 week Sanders.I love that cause both guys can explode depending who we play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sproles not being used much either.if Sanders is not 100% suspect we see some rotation.If I recall(no stats to back me) Sproles was always effective vs the Bears,then again,this is a different D now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK maybe he knows there is nothing to look at? Glad the running game was hot so he didn't need to

Like the tandem,one week Jordan,1 week Sanders.I love that cause both guys can explode depending who we play

I like the Howard leads and Sanders changes paces....Howard is easily the better runner let him wear teams down....The BANG Sanders gashes them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I like the Howard leads and Sanders changes paces....Howard is easily the better runner let him wear teams down....The BANG Sanders gashes them 

O line played alot better,hope that continues,we need it to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO.I had to laugh,one guy in my fantasy league has both of them.So he puts in Sanders and Jordan explodes.next week he changes them out Jordan does squat and Sanders racks up 34 pts HAHA.he's gotta be pulling his hair out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

That a great time for sink or swim also lol....Next year competition brings the best out of guys. Need a new 3rd WR AG gone need future starters Alshon/Djax not spring chickens.... 

yeah, I was doing a WAY too early mock. Took Okudah(CB in 1) then(pick your Bama WR here,they have 3 or JK Hill from OSU) in 2,then we have 2-3's.Thinking a S or lineman,then another WR in 3.didnt go past that too early 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all honesty, Agholor moves the best out of the WRs ... by far!   There were times I thought he could have been targeted.. but most of those plays we got the first down anyway .. similar to first week where both he and DeSean were open for a long TD.

As for Ertz ... White was covering him most of the time.   White is a stud.     How many TEs have a stud CB cover them.      Thats the big issue for anyone with Ertz on their fantasy team... he is drawing a top CB in coverage... which other TE needs that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Wish he could be a reliable pass catcher

GBFL.. thats the thing... right now... our offense isn't operating at full strength in the passing game.

The QB isn't looking at the #2 outside WR... the QB is passing up opportunities to pass to the slot WR.   The opponent is putting their best CB on Ertz.   Alshon is getting attention form multiple guys ... or either the best guy on Alshon and Ertz getting mutliple guys.    The one guy who is benefitting is Goedert.  

But whether its the QB or the coach ... it really doesn't matter why, it just needs to get fixed to where everyone should be an option for the defense to cover.   So DeSEan could be the whole thing.... an outside WR that is a 2nd option.  A deep threat to open up underneath and also he either takes the better cover CB away or the safety has to follow him.... so then either Alshon or Ertz have it easier.     Then it should also put Aghlor in an easier situation.   

In football.... when you don't play in a way where you have confidence in your teammate... its hard to win.  Whether its justified or not, its just not a winning recipe.   So a new guy is needed just to change that up.  

I'm not saying its anyone's fault.... it just it what it is at the moment.    You could blame everyone ... the coach calling plays, the QB not looking at guys, the guys who dropped the ball that caused the coach to call plays a certain way and the QB not to look their way ... or the guys not getting open.  Whatever it is... doesn't really matter just need change.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now