DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

GBFL.. thats the thing... right now... our offense isn't operating at full strength in the passing game.

The QB isn't looking at the #2 outside WR... the QB is passing up opportunities to pass to the slot WR.   The opponent is putting their best CB on Ertz.   Alshon is getting attention form multiple guys ... or either the best guy on Alshon and Ertz getting mutliple guys.    The one guy who is benefitting is Goedert.  

But whether its the QB or the coach ... it really doesn't matter why, it just needs to get fixed to where everyone should be an option for the defense to cover.   So DeSEan could be the whole thing.... an outside WR that is a 2nd option.  A deep threat to open up underneath and also he either takes the better cover CB away or the safety has to follow him.... so then either Alshon or Ertz have it easier.     Then it should also put Aghlor in an easier situation.   

In football.... when you don't play in a way where you have confidence in your teammate... its hard to win.  Whether its justified or not, its just not a winning recipe.   So a new guy is needed just to change that up.  

I'm not saying its anyone's fault.... it just it what it is at the moment.    You could blame everyone ... the coach calling plays, the QB not looking at guys, the guys who dropped the ball that caused the coach to call plays a certain way and the QB not to look their way ... or the guys not getting open.  Whatever it is... doesn't really matter just need change.  

Agreed.I guess what I am getting at is,if Wentz has no confidence in AG,and Hollins can't get open, he won't be looking their way and it's sad to me our entire passing offense hinges on one guy.It should not be this way.I'm glad we have Goedert and as we have seen Sanders in now a PASS weapon. Didn't get to see the game,you would know more than I,but it seems other teams lose top guys and others step up and ours have not and I can't explain why that is

7 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Always possible but Bruce played the most snaps next to Cox last week vs the bills....Would not think we would ride with Cox and two rooks 

But then what else do you propose? They've move Bruce to the PS so currently we are riding with two rooks.

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

In all honesty, Agholor moves the best out of the WRs ... by far!   There were times I thought he could have been targeted.. but most of those plays we got the first down anyway .. similar to first week where both he and DeSean were open for a long TD.

Keep in mind that there is a very good chance Gordon will be available within the next week. NE traded for Sanu, so no need to keep Gordon, who they placed on IR...

4 minutes ago, stine said:

Keep in mind that there is a very good chance Gordon will be available within the next week. NE traded for Sanu, so no need to keep Gordon, who they placed on IR...

Gordon may become available but he may get picked up on the waiver wire first.

Ne may release him to save on money. I heard there is a clause in his contract that allows NE to save cash should he be cut for any reason, during the season. Once on waivers, anyone can pick him up...

News up here in NE territory is the hoodie is concerned about the cap, but Gordon's only getting 2.025 mill this last yr of his contract - part of which they already paid. The savings isn't worth what they could have gotten for him, so cutting him now doesn't make sense unless there are underlying probs teams know about and we don't.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But then what else do you propose? They've move Bruce to the PS so currently we are riding with two rooks.

Why I asked if Timmy was healthy and coming back lol.... 

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Agreed.I guess what I am getting at is,if Wentz has no confidence in AG,and Hollins can't get open, he won't be looking their way and it's sad to me our entire passing offense hinges on one guy.It should not be this way.I'm glad we have Goedert and as we have seen Sanders in now a PASS weapon. Didn't get to see the game,you would know more than I,but it seems other teams lose top guys and others step up and ours have not and I can't explain why that is

That's the thing.. at this point, we are where we are.   ATL guys had chances to make plays, Wentz threw them the ball and coach called plays for them.  Lack of making plays and the QB and coach aren't showing confidence in them.   Not really worried about other teams.  I think we need to get to the bye week.  Locally the idiots are only talking about the QB's shortcomings.  What's wrong with Wentz ...etc.  the soap opera crap surrounding the team and why it's his fault.  The coach has been called out a little too.  I can easily see why neither would have confidence in the players whose failures are basically the reason why the criticism is there in the first place. 

Doug and Wentz take the heat for the other's shortcomings...so they avoid trying to give those guys a chance to mess it up again.  It's basically what is happening. 

Just get to the bye 5-4 without any more injuries and regroup for the stretch run.

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

News up here in NE territory is the hoodie is concerned about the cap, but Gordon's only getting 2.025 mill this last yr of his contract - part of which they already paid. The savings isn't worth what they could have gotten for him, so cutting him now doesn't make sense unless there are underlying probs teams know about and we don't.

MJK, Your info is probably better than mine. So, I really do not know why they would if not for monetary concerns...Is saving 1 mil worth it???

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LMAO.I had to laugh,one guy in my fantasy league has both of them.So he puts in Sanders and Jordan explodes.next week he changes them out Jordan does squat and Sanders racks up 34 pts HAHA.he's gotta be pulling his hair out

I cut Sanders this past weekend starting Tevin Coleman instead it was the right move until Sanders ran amok. Hell I put in an immediate Waiver request to get Sanders back. I don’t have much hair left so I ain’t pulling out no more Hahahaha 

Got a similar situation with DJax and Ashlon this week gonna sit one of them probably keep  DJax on the bench this week.

4 hours ago, stine said:

Ne may release him to save on money. I heard there is a clause in his contract that allows NE to save cash should he be cut for any reason, during the season. Once on waivers, anyone can pick him up...

He's trouble,why bring cancer in here?

4 hours ago, trini said:

I cut Sanders this past weekend starting Tevin Coleman instead it was the right move until Sanders ran amok. Hell I put in an immediate Waiver request to get Sanders back. I don’t have much hair left so I ain’t pulling out no more Hahahaha 

Got a similar situation with DJax and Ashlon this week gonna sit one of them probably keep  DJax on the bench this week.

I have Alshon in a few leagues.Like we have been disscussing other teams really only need to worry about 2 WR's ,him and Ertz.The other 2 are basically place holders and no threat to anyone,so both Ertz and Alshon are blanketed because we haven't shown anyone any differently.Luckily Alshon is my #3 and not more.This team needs to RUN THE BALL or we are 1 dimensional and ineffective

1 hour ago, trini said:

Have an opening in my private league if you want to take a team over. I have been doing it since I booted the other owner who didnt field a whole team every week.I took over,so the team is better now than before and can still make the playoffs.If you want to play,message me your email address(team Lioness,but you can change the name).I am 7-1 at this point.You can even win a cheap trophy lol(hint,it's not close to the Lombardi)

Trini-it's a 12 team league and I start the playoffs a week early,so 8 teams out of 12 get in.The scoring system took me a long time to perfect,but it's alot more accurate,so LMK if you want in.ST's are different than D's and there are bonus points for BIG plays as well as more points OFF for screwing up fumbles and getting picks.It's a blast league!! 

Well Cox looking healthier then he has all season is huge should start to take over games....Paired with Timmy being back at practice with a helmet HUGE FOR OUR DL....Secondary finally getting healthy Darby/Mills back Maddox/LeBlanc should be getting back soon as well...( would l love to see us use Maddox more at S now with the rest of our CBS getting healthy though he was at his best last year as a S) Could also allow us to release Sendajo if we want to recoup a possible 4th round comp. pick.

On O Djax and Sproles at practice great timing....Not sure how serious the shoulder is for Sanders but if Sproles is a go might be beneficial to just let the room rest till after the bye....Passing attack should all around be better with true threats to throw to with the addition of Djax back.

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

On O Djax and Sproles at practice great timing....Not sure how serious the shoulder is for Sanders but if Sproles is a go might be beneficial to just let the room rest till after the bye....Passing attack should all around be better with true threats to throw to with the addition of Djax back.

Like that Boston Scott got his first TD.I never wanted to cut him in the first place.Glad he is back and hope he stays on the roster.Not the most talented there is,but you'd be hard pressed to find a guy who tries harder than he does.Runs hard,fights for every inch,doesn't quit.These are the guys I want on my team. Reminscent of the 2017 team.Hope he has a long tenure in midnight green 

I'm sad and I know it's the past etc,but we let the Vikes get their revenge game in and once AGAIN lost to the hated Stars and it infuriates me! Now the Bears will be after revenge this week and we CANNOT let them win in our house.Trubisky is on shaky ground in the QB battle and we can put him back on the bench with some solid D and sacks. IDK why we always come out flat,but I'm tired of going down 10-14 points before we wake up.Would just LOVE,LOVE to see Jordan run amok ALL day long.If the O line can get it done,I see a big game for him.Sanders should get a few looks,sparingly used if he's not 100%,but like to see Sproles and Scott sprinkled in. I believe this is Sproles last year,so with Scott and later a healthy Clement,we should be fine at RB. I would have NP re-signing Jordan and if Sproles retires we are still in decent shape,but suspect if he does we take another late RB in the draft.I suppose I will head to the nest,since we have the bye on tap after this.Next draft is a decent one for WR's in the top few rounds.Drops off alot after 3 from what I have seen so far(still a few serviceable),but I'd like to get at least 2 before round 4 hits.Looks though like my boy Okudah at CB isn't going to hang around for our pick(I'm guestimating we pick around 14).I have been especially watching DB's and WR's in the college games and DC already has his finger on the WR pulse,so I will be playing with draft mocks(as usual).Don't see AG here next year,Jjaw I will give another year and for me Hollins is a bubble player who is expendable if we find something better.

I know thanks to the 49ners releasing Jmatt Sendejo now takes away a projected(4th round comp. pick from us again)....So decision will have to be made if that 4th rounder is more valuable then Sendejo we would have to cut him before he has been on our roster for 10 weeks.

Not going to hold Scott's fumble against him as long as he learns from it. Wanted to get those extra yards, ok with that, the 2nd hit caused the fumble, coulda happened to anyone. I still like him.

As for the guys coming back, wouldn't healthy scratch them. Could use some work to get ready for some tough games, just pull them if not needed.

Of course at this point it's all talk,but Avery seems like he' wants to play the madman and I am fine with that