DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

19 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Not going to hold Scott's fumble against him as long as he learns from it. Wanted to get those extra yards, ok with that, the 2nd hit caused the fumble, coulda happened to anyone. I still like him.

As for the guys coming back, wouldn't healthy scratch them. Could use some work to get ready for some tough games, just pull them if not needed.

In that weather it was risky to catch the punt... not an easy play,  I was hoping he was going to avoid the as it was coming down.

21 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Not going to hold Scott's fumble against him as long as he learns from it. Wanted to get those extra yards, ok with that, the 2nd hit caused the fumble, coulda happened to anyone. I still like him.

As for the guys coming back, wouldn't healthy scratch them. Could use some work to get ready for some tough games, just pull them if not needed.

Lots of guys fumble,even the "stars" fumble sometimes. He's not a huge guy and hopefully he learns when to fight for that 6 inches and when it's more important not to let it out

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/genard-avery-im-going-to-go-wreck-stuff-man

They said there will probably be at least 1 if not 2 comp picks

Almost week 10. Not seeing Foles or Hicks getting cut.. so we should be good there with the comp picks. Sendejo would add another, probably a 4th.

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Almost week 10. Not seeing Foles or Hicks getting cut.. so we should be good there with the comp picks. Sendejo would add another, probably a 4th.

If that all holds(and we lose Sen) that would give us 12 picks.I LIKE it!!

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

IDK possibly that list includes comp picks.I need to check it out more,but it's early anyway.Right now I am just looking at rounds 1,2,3

I believe it's highly important we win this game(well they are all important) but a nice solid win Sunday would be nice springboard to have a winning record into the bye,let some of our returning/iffy/almost there players get another weeks rest and rehab in

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I believe it's highly important we win this game(well they are all important) but a nice solid win Sunday would be nice springboard to have a winning record into the bye,let some of our returning/iffy/almost there players get another weeks rest and rehab in

We should take those Bears this week.Maybe...lol Tribisky has taken a step back The D under new DC not as effective as Fangio now in Denver. I like our chances this week against Da Bears.

Fact is we were ready to spend draft picks on a certain player. We find ways to afford players. Even tho we were going to spend picks for one player, doesn't mean we value another player that much. Trade deadline was boring cause teams value those same players, done deal - well no deal.

NE's bye is the same as ours - expect their best. Guess Bennets' attitude didn't jive w. theirs". Hate seeing Bennett as a boy, hope his talent's slid.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If that all holds(and we lose Sen) that would give us 12 picks.I LIKE it!!

We need the picks think what last 3 drafts we have had what like 14 picks....Tough to keep/get young talent when you don’t have draft picks.

12 minutes ago, trini said:

We should take those Bears this week.Maybe...lol Tribisky has taken a step back The D under new DC not as effective as Fangio now in Denver. I like our chances this week against Da Bears.

I’m feeling really good about this bears game team seems to be getting healthy and it’s our first home game in 3 weeks we are likely fired up for this one.....

20 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I’m feeling really good about this bears game team seems to be getting healthy and it’s our first home game in 3 weeks we are likely fired up for this one.....

I just want the team I think we got to show up.

76ers with the 4-0 start to the year....Team is looking good and they are no where near playing there best ball yet....

The Rookie Thybulle stays getting after it on the D end 2 blocks 4 steals also added a nice 9 points....If/when the O develops more he could be something special with how good his D already is 

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We need the picks think what last 3 drafts we have had what like 14 picks....Tough to keep/get young talent when you don’t have draft picks.

I think with comp picks we have 9 this time(so far)

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I think with comp picks we have 9 this time(so far)

9 picks in one year is good way better then the last 3 years....2016-19 we have only had a combined 18 picks.... Philly has been tied with believe the Titans of having the fewest draft picks in that span.... 

42 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

9 picks in one year is good way better then the last 3 years....2016-19 we have only had a combined 18 picks.... Philly has been tied with believe the Titans of having the fewest draft picks in that span.... 

yeah 1,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6

52 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m concerned with the Rook having to deal with Mack. Could really wreck our offense.

YOu have to know they're gonna test him

7 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Absolutely they are going to go after him early and often. He's got to be ready for that and Doug may need to give him a little help. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely they are going to go after him early and often. He's got to be ready for that and Doug may need to give him a little help. 

Roll out QB plays.Wentz is good at them.or a few nice screens over his head will help back him off.Didn't see him(Mack) as very effective last week

14 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

76ers with the 4-0 start to the year....Team is looking good and they are no where near playing there best ball yet....

The Rookie Thybulle stays getting after it on the D end 2 blocks 4 steals also added a nice 9 points....If/when the O develops more he could be something special with how good his D already is 

The last two teams were unbeaten until we mashed them. I love the Defensive abilities of this team. Loved JJ Redick he was  a decent defensive player just not in the same league as J Rich and Thybulle. The way this team plays is Maddening. Especially the way other teams may start shooting  and you’re thinking...could someone...anyone from the Sixers make a Damn shot...man we’re in trouble. Next thing you know the opponents shots stop falling and this HUGE...PHYSICAL...Sixers crew take control it then becomes a thing of beauty. I am loving this old school style of basketball.

5 hours ago, ASG15 said:

The rook hasn’t been too bad how he plays against a player of Mack’s stature will really help his confidence moving forward.

3 minutes ago, trini said:

Loved JJ Redick he was  a decent defensive player

?????????????????????????????????????? decent on what level... high school?   He as brutal here... the Celtics ran their whole offense around posting him up and got all easy shots from the double teams... look what happened this year without that.   I miss Beau Allen ... but I'm not gonna call him skinny.   LOL