DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m concerned with the Rook having to deal with Mack. Could really wreck our offense.

Ham,  if the rook holds his own or does above average... I think that he keeps the job.   I mean, is there a harder test?   I guess the home field will help for purposes of coming off the snap with a good jump.    But at that point, if he can keep the job.  Peters will be interesting as someone who can be used as a 6th linemen reporting in???    And what about the previous talk about him going to guard.. while I think it was silly... if he is on hte bench healthy and #73 struggles ... you know the talk will start again.   

11 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

?????????????????????????????????????? decent on what level... high school?   He as brutal here... the Celtics ran their whole offense around posting him up and got all easy shots from the double teams... look what happened this year without that.   I miss Beau Allen ... but I'm not gonna call him skinny.   LOL

Think better phrase for JJ was he gave effort just was not as physically gifted to be a good or even adequate defender 

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Think better phrase for JJ was he gave effort just was not as physically gifted to be a good or even adequate defender 

JJ was a smart defender...   his object was to prevent his guy from catching the ball, because he knew once his guy had the ball then he was toast.     I dont know about really effort as much as it was just to keep stepping in front of the passing lane.    It's basically the same game the opponent did to him, so he was used to running around and moving.    That's one thing I miss about the game.   These kids can shoot some, or at least they aren't shy about it, but rare to find the kids that figure out they need to move wihtout the ball to get open.    

Michael Bennett may have been a pain to deal w/, but now that the cowpies have restructured his contract to this yr only and for under 2 mill including bonuses - it totally sucks!

41 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Michael Bennett may have been a pain to deal w/, but now that the cowpies have restructured his contract to this yr only and for under 2 mill including bonuses - it totally sucks!

dude is 34.... has he done anything yet this year to warrant any concern?    He won't start in Dallas ... we all know his complaints will start ... and lets see how he fits in with the owner's views. 

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Ham,  if the rook holds his own or does above average... I think that he keeps the job.   I mean, is there a harder test?   I guess the home field will help for purposes of coming off the snap with a good jump.    But at that point, if he can keep the job.  Peters will be interesting as someone who can be used as a 6th linemen reporting in???    And what about the previous talk about him going to guard.. while I think it was silly... if he is on hte bench healthy and #73 struggles ... you know the talk will start again.   

Against Mack I believe if he just doesn’t look completely out of his league he should keep the job. Pretty much just hoping he doesn’t get abused. The game plan has to identify where Mack is. That should dictate the Oline blocking assignments. I would go heavy on screens and doubling Mack early especially. The little details are crucial. Sanders is big on passing downs at RB. Is his shoulder up to the task of getting chip blocks in on Mack?

16 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

there must be a prob we don't know about w/ Gordon or NE could have gotten something for him

They could not have traded him since they placed him on IR could they???? No clue what going on there just reporting the news lol 

"It’s hard to count on Gordon falling to the Eagles. Some other team will probably be willing to take a risk on his talent, especially since they’d only have to pick up the remaining $1 million of his base salary for the rest of 2019.“

Quote from the article

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/10/31/20942450/josh-gordon-news-patriots-wide-receiver-release-eagles-injured-reserve-waiver-wire-order-teams-nfl

36 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

"It’s hard to count on Gordon falling to the Eagles. Some other team will probably be willing to take a risk on his talent, especially since they’d only have to pick up the remaining $1 million of his base salary for the rest of 2019.“

Quote from the article

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/10/31/20942450/josh-gordon-news-patriots-wide-receiver-release-eagles-injured-reserve-waiver-wire-order-teams-nfl

Don't want him here even if he played for nothing(but we know better)

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Agreed... The Patrick Chung experience was one X Patsy player toooo many.

11 minutes ago, trini said:

Agreed... The Patrick Chung experience was one X Patsy player toooo many.

Djax coming back and IMO AG needs to step it up for what he's being paid-time to put up or go elsewhere.Woudn't be against signing another vet if it's a culture fit.Gordon is a fit in Dullaz(the all prison team),maybe the Gnats(desperation blvd.)

5 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Thank you brother, I couldn’t have said it better...Joe is just sooo cold blooded about JJ Reddick ...hahahahaha.Loved JJ shot making....We May still need a shooter like Riddick on the team ... BUT  I am loving this Defensive monster Brand has created.

Is there any doubt why Trent Williams doesn't want anything to do with the Redskins?

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Agreed...what a dumba55!

I mean wanting him here and what the team would do are completely different....Tend to agree with the quote I posted though he won’t fall to us in the waiver wire...But would not be shocked if we put in a waiver claim....1m base salary if he Fs up any you can cut him for no loss....Don’t always agree with it but we know off field stuff gets over looked for talent all the time

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean wanting him here and what the team would do are completely different....Tend to agree with the quote I posted though he won’t fall to us in the waiver wire...But would not be shocked if we put in a waiver claim....1m base salary if he Fs up any you can cut him for no loss....Don’t always agree with it but we know off field stuff gets over looked for talent all the time

That rarely happens in Philly and I'd rather keep my team "clean".I would lose alot of respect for Lurie

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

That rarely happens in Philly and I'd rather keep my team "clean".I would lose alot of respect for Lurie

You mean when we had Chris Carter, signed MV, Donte Stallworth, Michael Bennett has had some questionable actions and we traded for him....sure plenty of others I’m  missing 

Tweet Albert Breer.
"The Patriots held on to Josh Gordon past the trade deadline, subjecting him to waivers. And a reason for doing that was to keep him from contenders. So why would a non-contender claim him? Bc if he walks as a UFA in March, such a team could get a comp pick for, in essence, free.”

Makes sense I guess couldn’t trade him when he was placed on IR I believe plus teams likely weren’t willing to give much or anything for a guy they knew was going to get cut...

32 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

You mean when we had Chris Carter, signed MV, Donte Stallworth, Michael Bennett has had some questionable actions and we traded for him....sure plenty of others I’m  missing 

How long ago was that BS????

2 hours ago, trini said:

Thank you brother, I couldn’t have said it better...Joe is just sooo cold blooded about JJ Reddick ...hahahahaha.Loved JJ shot making....We May still need a shooter like Riddick on the team ... BUT  I am loving this Defensive monster Brand has created.

Nah... I'm honest.  JJ was brutal on ball... smart by playing the " prevent his man from getting the ball D"  and remember,  he defended the 5th option for the other team.  A dude that can't cover the worst opponent..  not good.  Richardson covers the best guy... much different. 

I look at it similar to Jalen Mills.  When has he gotten burned covering a scrubby WR? He goes to cover their best guy.  Regardless of results,  it makes it easier for the teammates if they have an easier assignment.