DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

I not even saying sign Gordon I could care less on it but let’s not act like our FO morale compass that high when we have signed plenty of questionable players For the right price 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

They happened under Howie 

Bennett was just last year 

Wow ONE GUY!! ONE!!! It's a dang trend in the making

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

They happened under Howie 

Bennett was just last year 

A few "questionable" actions is different then many blatant ones yes???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

A few "questionable" actions is different then many blatant ones yes???

Lane Johnson suspended for PED multiple times....Many even wanted to cut bait from Lane all together for his issues.

Shady had headlines in the news numerous times for his actions

MICHAEL VICK LITERALLY WENT TO PRISON FOR FIGHTING DOGS AND WE SIGNED HIM...

Blount- punches a kid in college, quit multiple teams, has had a few other altercations throughout his nfl career.

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bradham brings a gun to the airport gets arrested

Riley Cooper says the N word gets an extension 

Just trying to figure out where this logic is coming from with we don’t sign players like Gordon we do it all the time....We are like every other franchise we look the other way a ton because of talent. Not saying it is right but let’s not act like Philly doesn’t do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad part is I’m not even In Support of signing Josh Gordon that window guy to me has passed but the logic we don’t sign player like him just makes me laugh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are ranked seventh in pressuring the QB without blitzing. And I’d say that we are likely climbing that list. Especially with Jernigan making a return. These young rushers now have gained experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lane Johnson suspended for PED multiple times....Many even wanted to cut bait from Lane all together for his issues.

Shady had headlines in the news numerous times for his actions

MICHAEL VICK LITERALLY WENT TO PRISON FOR FIGHTING DOGS AND WE SIGNED HIM...

Blount- punches a kid in college, quit multiple teams, has had a few other altercations throughout his nfl career.

 
 

Under which staff this one????? NOPE,we started a different culture bud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Bradham brings a gun to the airport gets arrested

Riley Cooper says the N word gets an extension 

Just trying to figure out where this logic is coming from with we don’t sign players like Gordon we do it all the time....We are like every other franchise we look the other way a ton because of talent. Not saying it is right but let’s not act like Philly doesn’t do it. 

After they were here they screwed up and I'm sure that was addressed in the locker rooms.I'm talking about bringing in players with issues already under THIS STAFF we have now and we AVOID doing that as much as possible,so stop with the BS from the past or the fact people make mistakes just to sustain an argument,but we dont sign players with issues NOW if we can avoid it .NOW right NOW we don't sign "iffy" players or we try our best to avoid them-follow??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Sad part is I’m not even In Support of signing Josh Gordon that window guy to me has passed but the logic we don’t sign player like him just makes me laugh 

IF it makes you laugh then you don't understand we are trying to change the culture here and I'm sorry you can't accept that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lane Johnson suspended for PED multiple times....Many even wanted to cut bait from Lane all together for his issues.

Shady had headlines in the news numerous times for his actions

MICHAEL VICK LITERALLY WENT TO PRISON FOR FIGHTING DOGS AND WE SIGNED HIM...

Blount- punches a kid in college, quit multiple teams, has had a few other altercations throughout his nfl career.

 
 

1)Shady-not here is he?(even though we could have had him back) 2) VIck-served his time,repented and actually became an animal rights activist 3) Blount-did we draft him? Or did we wait to make sure his issues were left in college and that he matured enough to play for this team? I'm not saying everyone we get has a halo,but we DO try our best to avoid locker room cancers.Sometimes it happens,but we don't invite it in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We are ranked seventh in pressuring the QB without blitzing. And I’d say that we are likely climbing that list. Especially with Jernigan making a return. These young rushers now have gained experience.

I'm happy about this.Of course that figure was bloated by a few games.but it seems we are getting stronger as the season goes. We need this win sunday,get the bye and set up for the second 1/2 of the season.Just stay in contention and PEAK at the right time(easier said than done,but that's what it takes to win the SB) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Under which staff this one????? NOPE,we started a different culture bud

You keep changing up everything and yes Bradham and lane are both under this staff...All was under Howie as GM and all as Lurie as owner....Keep telling yourself those lies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

1)Shady-not here is he?(even though we could have had him back) 2) VIck-served his time,repented and actually became an animal rights activist 3) Blount-did we draft him? Or did we wait to make sure his issues were left in college and that he matured enough to play for this team? I'm not saying everyone we get has a halo,but we DO try our best to avoid locker room cancers.Sometimes it happens,but we don't invite it in

Lmao Shady was here and only left because of Kelly but didn’t hear you saying cut Shady ever....Lane is here and he has had multiple PEDs drafted him....Bradham AGAIN had a gun at the airport was arrested still here....Blount literally cried and quit on the Steelers so he could go back to NE the year before we signed him but nope no issue there he really matured.

We make sure the price is right when taking on risks with players that is it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IF it makes you laugh then you don't understand we are trying to change the culture here and I'm sorry you can't accept that

I’m sorry your delusional....Can keep listing more players that you want to sweep under the rug act like that didn’t happen and we signed them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

VIck-served his time,repented and actually became an animal rights activist

Lmao your ok with a man that murdered animals and gambled on it just because he spent some time in jail....But Josh Gordon smokes pot(this is what he was suspended for nothing else) but he is a criminal(though never arrest at least at the nfl level) and a complete locker room cancer.....

Im just don’t under stand your logic at all so dog murder > pot head got it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We are ranked seventh in pressuring the QB without blitzing. And I’d say that we are likely climbing that list. Especially with Jernigan making a return. These young rushers now have gained experience.

You would think... and hopefully in addition to " pressures"  that lead to dump off passes or incompletions... maybe actual sacks and forced interceptions?   This way ..  instead of actually needing to go through an outside analytical company for stats... our actual eyes can just look and see...  " yeah boy, look at our DL dominating!"

Trusting the roster, getting healthy and the one addition we just made.. it could bring it together .... let's hope, I think it is the key to how far we go this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao Shady was here and only left because of Kelly but didn’t hear you saying cut Shady ever....Lane is here and he has had multiple PEDs drafted him....Bradham AGAIN had a gun at the airport was arrested still here....Blount literally cried and quit on the Steelers so he could go back to NE the year before we signed him but nope no issue there he really matured.

We make sure the price is right when taking on risks with players that is it 

Idk.. I see where you are going... but side with GBFL on this one.

Lane, Bradham... were here already.  Both of whom you don't question the commitment to football ..do you? I don't. 

Blount, didn't he win 2 SBs with NE? So he was there 3 years?   Was there a question on his commitment to football or wanting to not play in Pittsburgh?

Bennett... charges came out after the trade last year right?   What are his other issues,  he is outspoken?  Yet,it does seem they cut him due to attitude stuff.  

Vick...Anything Andy Reid is a lifetime ago,  I can't put that in the past fast enough myself.  Maybe we can all take a " timeout" with that..lol.  

Anyway.... Gordon seems like a good dude by all accounts.   His issues are really about a commitment to football.  All the drugs he seems to have issues with aren't performance enhancements.  So no edge gained due to loving the sport.   Obviously his personal issues with this does not seem to be overtaken by a love for football.  In other words football being the stronger drug.   Nothing against him, it is what it is.. but to me l want guys that want to play football enough to where they can avoid the dumb stuff or fight through it like Chris Carter did. 

It's really different than any of the other cases you mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Idk.. I see where you are going... but side with GBFL on this one.

Lane, Bradham... were here already.  Both of whom you don't question the commitment to football ..do you? I don't. 

Blount, didn't he win 2 SBs with NE? So he was there 3 years?   Was there a question on his commitment to football or wanting to not play in Pittsburgh?

Bennett... charges came out after the trade last year right?   What are his other issues,  he is outspoken?  Yet,it does seem they cut him due to attitude stuff.  

Vick...Anything Andy Reid is a lifetime ago,  I can't put that in the past fast enough myself.  Maybe we can all take a " timeout" with that..lol.  

Anyway.... Gordon seems like a good dude by all accounts.   His issues are really about a commitment to football.  All the drugs he seems to have issues with aren't performance enhancements.  So no edge gained due to loving the sport.   Obviously his personal issues with this does not seem to be overtaken by a love for football.  In other words football being the stronger drug.   Nothing against him, it is what it is.. but to me l want guys that want to play football enough to where they can avoid the dumb stuff or fight through it like Chris Carter did. 

It's really different than any of the other cases you mentioned. 

Lmao im not in support of signing Gordon my point was that we sign plenty of guys that have off field issues we are not some self righteous organization....If it was said I don’t want Gordon because I question his commitment to football is completely different then saying well he stays in trouble(hence the listing of other guys we have had that have been in trouble)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Nothing against him, it is what it is.. but to me l want guys that want to play football enough to where they can avoid the dumb stuff or fight through it like Chris Carter

To be fair wasn’t Carter near Gordon age now when he finally got himself together???? Could be wrong was bit before my time....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:10 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

He's trouble,why bring cancer in here?

Why do you say cancer? What did he do to upset any locker room? Sure he did things to himself, but not others...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

To be fair wasn’t Carter near Gordon age now when he finally got himself together???? Could be wrong was bit before my time....

Chris Carter was 25 when he started to get his stuff together. Gordon is 28...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see the harm in signing Gordon for this season and see if he can get his act together. If he doesn't, cut him. If he does, then we have a solid WR for the next few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now