DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Over all,that was an ugly win,but a win just the same.I am still concerned about our offense as far as receivers not getting it done.Running game looked great! And Ertz got open as did Goedert.Looked for awhile like a shut out,then we let them come back(secondary to blame once again).Some good things,happy to see Dillard settling in and covering Wentz,so kudos to the O line.I won't nitpick each spot,suffice to say I was unhappy with the WR's once again and giving up big plays.At the nest,others were saying the same "Why on 3rd and 9 do we play 12 yards off?" IDK!!!!!! I know some is "time to react" but please,play 9 yards off and react inwards to 8 yards and make the play!!! Good refs this game,very fair and we did make a few stupid penalties,but cut those down,so there is hope lol

16 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Dillard is our starting LT now. Earned the job!

Haven't watched the whole game yet but in the highlights I saw he did really good against one of the best pass rushers in the league

He got pushed some on bull rushes but that's to be expected with a rookie.

Wow was hoping for a NE W really didn’t want to face NE coming off the bye after an L....Oh well we both have bye Doug has to be better then belicheat and our coach him...Hopefully can take some lessons from what the ravens did 

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Wow was hoping for a NE W really didn’t want to face NE coming off the bye after an L....Oh well we both have bye Doug has to be better then belicheat and our coach him...Hopefully can take some lessons from what the ravens did 

You read my mind...I live in Maryland...really like and I am impressed with  Lamar Jackson . The Patsies have 10 days to be pissed off after a humiliating beatdown.... LML..salivated as I watched those Patsies with their Historic D... Hell their LB’ers even came up with their own names...Their D was averaging 8 points a contest some ridiculous #....They were being touted as a Historic D. Bellacheat and Brady gonna be fired up coming off their Bye... juiced to stop the run and beat us.

" I want my Eagles playing the best teams... playing their best ball.” I don’t want the rude awakening that those Patsies just experienced as they faced better competition. Maybe both Jackson and Jernigan can contribute...gonna need all hands on deck for that game.

Got the win, got out healthy ... move on to bye week and regroup.   Much needed bye week for us.   With 7 games left, the idea should be win hte NFC East or don't make the playoffs, wildcard will be extremely tough considering tiebreakers.    We get to sit and Dallas has to win 2 games in order to keep the lead.     Then it's a 7 game sprint to the finish.....

New England, Seattle, at Miami, Giants, at Washington, Dallas and at Giants....

vs

at Detroit, at New England, Buffalo, at Chicago, Rams, at Eagles  and Washington.  

25 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

got out healthy 

Hope Djax will be fine after the bye....Our WRs need a boost and right now he is about the only option to be able to provide it.

Now looking at this .... while the Eagles rest, get healthy and do some self scouting.   Really a much needed pause at the moment.

Dallas, has to play a game tonight vs a division opponent, travel back on a short week and play a physical Minnesota team.    That's two games prior to the start of the same 7 game stretch ... to where they get beat up and need to avoid injuries.    2 games on turf, prior to another 5 of the last 7 games played on turf .... Eagles play one more game on turf, the last one vs the Giants.  

That last 5 game stretch ....  at Miami ... NYG ... at Wash  .... Dallas   .... at NYG   
                                      VS
                                                   Buffalo .... at CHI ...  Rams  ...  at Phi  ....   Wash

The head to head matchup  ... in Philly, so crucial.  I think the key to the season, especially from a Dallas perspective!  

Tweet from Les Bowen 

"Oh yeah snap counts. Another 42 for Mack Hollins, 15 for Arcega-Whiteside. So that’s 57 snaps, no catches, no targets between them"

This is just mind boggling to me I understand they down the pecking order likely at best 4th 5th options in our passing game but not a single target in 57 snaps between them seriously.

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Tweet from Les Bowen 

"Oh yeah snap counts. Another 42 for Mack Hollins, 15 for Arcega-Whiteside. So that’s 57 snaps, no catches, no targets between them"

This is just mind boggling to me I understand they down the pecking order likely at best 4th 5th options in our passing game but not a single target in 57 snaps between them seriously.

Part of the self scouting that needs to happen.    The 3 WR set is a weapon short ... other teams will know this now.   So back to the drawing board.    A few things to think about.   1.  First play vs NE, throw to Hollins or JJAW.   2.  More two TE sets.    3.  Start using some sets with 2 RBs?   Sproles or Sanders out wide with another RB in the backfield.    4.  DeSean comes back.

All things that need to be considered!    The bye is more than just for physical rest of the players,  coaches get a chance to take a breath and change some things.  

2 hours ago, trini said:

You read my mind...I live in Maryland...really like and I am impressed with  Lamar Jackson . The Patsies have 10 days to be pissed off after a humiliating beatdown.... LML..salivated as I watched those Patsies with their Historic D... Hell their LB’ers even came up with their own names...Their D was averaging 8 points a contest some ridiculous #....They were being touted as a Historic D. Bellacheat and Brady gonna be fired up coming off their Bye... juiced to stop the run and beat us.

" I want my Eagles playing the best teams... playing their best ball.” I don’t want the rude awakening that those Patsies just experienced as they faced better competition. Maybe both Jackson and Jernigan can contribute...gonna need all hands on deck for that game.

Welp the Pats get 6 free games a year.Alot easier to be good when you start 6-0 because they have noone in their division

34 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Tweet from Les Bowen 

Alshon looked flat,or wasnt trying that hard either.AG overpaid.At draft time I'd like to see us take 2 WR's by round 4.Question now is can we not develop these guys properly?I mean it took AG 3 years to learn how to catch and he fell back into that awful trait as of late

34 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Part of the self scouting that needs to happen.    The 3 WR set is a weapon short ... other teams will know this now.   So back to the drawing board.    A few things to think about.   1.  First play vs NE, throw to Hollins or JJAW.   2.  More two TE sets.    3.  Start using some sets with 2 RBs?   Sproles or Sanders out wide with another RB in the backfield.    4.  DeSean comes back.

All things that need to be considered!    The bye is more than just for physical rest of the players,  coaches get a chance to take a breath and change some things.  

Like #3.Sanders has shown he can be effective on short routes(AKA an extra TE).Glad to see the TE's more involved.I had ertz benched in fantasy(have Waller also),now it will be confusing from here on.I am so glad I pushed for Jordan(even though I know they didnt listen to me).Would have NP re-signing him,let Sanders keep developing,snag a Sproles replacement(maybe Scott is already).Possibly wise to maybe pick up Ajayi on the CHEAP,since this team wins or loses on the running game.He knows our system,not as good as Jordan,but in the event of injury we would still have the 1/2 punch and we already know what ajayi can and can't do 

Tweet by John Clark

Doug Pederson says they will look into options at WR over bye week "We have to find consistency in our passing game” "They’ve been good. They haven’t been great” Eagles WRs rankings in
NFL:

27th: Receptions: 87

30th: Yards: 933

31st: Average: 10.7

11th tied: TDs: 8

Not much out there on the FA market either....

JJ Nelson- only 27 and does have speed but he was cut by the Raiders of all teams. He some decent season in AZ

Jmatt- would likely be easy to get up to speed lol.

Donte Moncrief- hmmmmmm not sure if he is an upgrade or not.

Old heads we should not target Crabtree and Dez Bryant.

Really slim pickings.

19 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Pity AG can't lol Hollins contribution was a penalty

You know when you really pay close attention you notice Hollins is reliable and does all those small things really well. Sure he’s a receiver and should be catching balls. But he runs those rubs to get the other guy open. There is an art to that to not get called for penalties yet really get the guy open. And he aggressive with his run blocking.

42 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You know when you really pay close attention you notice Hollins is reliable and does all those small things really well. Sure he’s a receiver and should be catching balls. But he runs those rubs to get the other guy open. There is an art to that to not get called for penalties yet really get the guy open. And he aggressive with his run blocking.

He did get a penalty for holding on a run ...   and in fairness the other way, I think it is more game plan that they don't throw him the ball... he doesn't get a look, its different if he got looked at and then passed bye.    Again, coaches need to figure out some stuff.  Not all players fault.

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not much out there on the FA market either....

JJ Nelson- only 27 and does have speed but he was cut by the Raiders of all teams. He some decent season in AZ

Jmatt- would likely be easy to get up to speed lol.

Donte Moncrief- hmmmmmm not sure if he is an upgrade or not.

Old heads we should not target Crabtree and Dez Bryant.

Really slim pickings.

Very,I would take a look at Baldwin.I would think he is a nice upgrade from Hollins

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK we have Ward,he must really suck because we never gave him a chance

Ward couldn't have FEWER catches than Hollins or JJAW

1 minute ago, ASG15 said:

Ward couldn't have FEWER catches than Hollins or JJAW

Truth lol

IDK Doug Baldwin seems as though he would be a nice fill

21 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Welp Djax done if we are lucky might get him back for the playoffs if we make the playoffs....

Why the hell didn't he get surgery when he was first injured.

He may have been able to come back toward seasons end.

3 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Why the hell didn't he get surgery when he was first injured.

He may have been able to come back toward seasons end.

From what I understand is it was a 50/50 call and he figured he could come back with no issues,but that is not the case.You'd think our med staff could have advised him better