DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Benjamin had Cam and even still seen plenty of WRs have success without good QBs no excuse he is a bad WR pass....Djax injury has nothing to do with his size though so that makes zero sense as a knock on JJ Nelson....As for Jmatt not thrilling but easily the best WR of the bunch listed hands down(outside of maybe a healthy and willing to come out of retirement Baldwin)

I dis agree with most of this as usual

Benjamin had Cam and even still seen plenty of WRs have success without good QBs no excuse he is a bad WR pass....Djax injury has nothing to do with his size though so that makes zero sense as a knock on JJ Nelson....As for Jmatt not thrilling but easily the best WR of the bunch listed hands down(outside of maybe a healthy and willing to come out of retirement Baldwin)

How does a WR have good success without good QB's? 

Say what you want,does not alter the fact he was a round 1 draft pick,so he must REALLY SUCK 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/j.j.-nelson?id=2552656  Argue with the scouts then lol

BTW I hope to heck Wentz is a better QB than Cam Newton as far as WR's are concerned.Gnats were playing them tough,then the BS NON PI call on Dullaz(he was all over his back) then the call that was NOT PI vs the gnats.Jerry bought the refs off again

JMatt would be "OK" simply because he knows the playbook already. Ag is not trustworthy,Hollins is going nowhere fast and Jjaw hasn't transitioned yet,so we have "WR training issues"

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It was a good thing Carson spent all that time working on his chemistry with DJax this offseason. That really paid off big.

I read his surgery is typically a 6 week recovery. He should have had the surgery when he was injured and he'd be ready to come back after the bye.

2 hours ago, ASG15 said:

Seems like all these misread situations... Another medical mis diagnosis and Poor decisions managing the DJax situation. Perhaps DJax  and team preferred a less invasive approach in managing DJax injury early in the process...older player, Hell if I had to make a similar choice for myself . I would  opt for rehab over surgery. That being the case I would have had to consider losing DJax...possibly all year. Yet Howie stood pat. 

At the halfway point in the season. I am really not happy with how this Eagle team is playing right now. or how we’re set up moving forward. I don’t see the creativity in this Offense. Our WR suck...We’re either starting slow ...or we make a couple plays then the Offense disappears... If you can shut down our run game, odds are... we lose. On Offense going against our Birds go deep... our Birds are toast. Amari Cooper has been beating us like a Drum since he came to Dallas. Two years later he is still beating us like a drum??  I watched Minkah Fitzpatrick save Pittsburg Steelers season making big plays. Watched sooo many Good teams look to get better... While we STILL trying to figure out how to better integrate JJAW in our Offense. How to get Carson to be less predictable. Mack Hollins title sB /blocker / ST not WR. Things just seem off...Hope this bye week, makes a difference.

We just seem a step behind whether it is Howie and Player personnel...Coaching, a lack of production with the players. I really hope we find some mojo at this MID season break...cause we will be facing a Vengeful Patriot team after their recent Beatdown in BMore and a Seagal team with Big ,Tall, Fast, WR . I hoped a healthy Wentz would have been  setting the league on fire this year.He has been OK but not what I expected yr 4...Perhaps my expectations exceeded the reality .

1 hour ago, trini said:

Seems like all these misread situations... Another medical mis diagnosis and Poor decisions managing the DJax situation. Perhaps DJax  and team preferred a less invasive approach in managing DJax injury early in the process...older player, Hell if I had to make a similar choice for myself . I would  opt for rehab over surgery. That being the case I would have had to consider losing DJax...possibly all year. Yet Howie stood pat. 

At the halfway point in the season. I am really not happy with how this Eagle team is playing right now. or how we’re set up moving forward. I don’t see the creativity in this Offense. Our WR suck...We’re either starting slow ...or we make a couple plays then the Offense disappears... If you can shut down our run game, odds are... we lose. On Offense going against our Birds go deep... our Birds are toast. Amari Cooper has been beating us like a Drum since he came to Dallas. Two years later he is still beating us like a drum??  I watched Minkah Fitzpatrick save Pittsburg Steelers season making big plays. Watched sooo many Good teams look to get better... While we STILL trying to figure out how to better integrate JJAW in our Offense. How to get Carson to be less predictable. Mack Hollins title sB /blocker / ST not WR. Things just seem off...Hope this bye week, makes a difference.

We just seem a step behind whether it is Howie and Player personnel...Coaching, a lack of production with the players. I really hope we find some mojo at this MID season break...cause we will be facing a Vengeful Patriot team after their recent Beatdown in BMore and a Seagal team with Big ,Tall, Fast, WR . I hoped a healthy Wentz would have been  setting the league on fire this year.He has been OK but not what I expected yr 4...Perhaps my expectations exceeded the reality .

I think we all had higher expectations.Team looked great on paper,as long as there were no injuries.A few guys have stepped up,a few guys are showing their age.The pass rush we thought we had(to help the secondary) has been sporadic and at times non-existent.The run game works as long as the O line does.WR's are nothing special.Ag is not trustworthy,Wentz will go to him if thats the only option. Alshon seems slower than usual,the 3rd WR spot is NOONE,just taking one defender away,but not making plays(can we try Ward now cause he can't do any worse than ZERO between Hollins and Jjaw).TE's both look good,but even when Wentz has time the WR's are not giving him a throwing window and the TE's are sometimes check downs due to this. VS the Pats,I am hoping for another dose of Sanders out of the backfield.He turned into a nice receiving option,since our WR"s can't get it done

I'm going to agree with 93(rare) that JMatt should be looked at and another former eagle,Torrey Smith.Both should know the playbook and have the ability to jump right in the fray.I would not be against getting them BOTH.I know some people here were high on Jalen Strong,who really never transitioned,but he would be a semi-WIP and we have those already

JMatt has always been a no brainer move. Stupid compensatory pick situation is the only real reason he hasn’t been on the team. Probably cost us a win already. 
  I always felt like Michel made the right case for being on the team. He has that speed and quickness element we need. Didn’t think we should have cut him.

Torrey Smith I believe can still run. If that’s the case he’d be an easy decision.

Wallace we never got to see. But if he can run he’d make sense.

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

JMatt has always been a no brainer move. Stupid compensatory pick situation is the only real reason he hasn’t been on the team. Probably cost us a win already. 
  I always felt like Michel made the right case for being on the team. He has that speed and quickness element we need. Didn’t think we should have cut him.

Torrey Smith I believe can still run. If that’s the case he’d be an easy decision.

Wallace we never got to see. But if he can run he’d make sense.

Torrey Smith is another guy that has been retired would have to do some convincing though maybe not to much if he truly felt we were going to make a run again...

Mike Wallace is interesting got a tough shake last time since he got hurt but the year before was producing(with the ravens I believe)....If he was healthy be all for giving him another chance 

13 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

That was 5 years ago lol go back and read some of those scouting reports on players lots of them will make you laugh(AG was suppose to be the most nfl ready WR).... just going by what he has done now in the nfl....Has had decent years as a WR in AZ and been relatively healthy outside of Oakland....

Would not be my first choice hence why I’ve mentioned Jmatt but if we wanted speed he could be a possible option.

23 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hate him all we want and I'll be flamed for this, it wouldn't hurt to bring AB in for a talk.

Just watched a video about this....No denying ABs talents and I do agree Talking to him doesn’t hurt anything....BUT something is seriously wrong with AB dude is insane and don’t see him changing his ways would just add a headache we likely don’t need or want 

What about Jerry Rice?  As long as we are talking about retired guys, I will throw his name in there as another zero chance possibility. 

40 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

What about Jerry Rice?  As long as we are talking about retired guys, I will throw his name in there as another zero chance possibility. 

What are the options? Obviously can’t be playing for another team. So the pool is guys that can’t make a team in the NFL, retired guys(just watched Witten play well last night after retiring last year), AB or our Practice Squad(which still technically is guys that can’t make a team).

Guys come out of retirement every year. Feasible option.

We have two open roster spots....I’d grab two WRs over the bye and let them compete....Jmatt to me is easy then another trial guy a JJ Nelson, Mike Wallace if we really did our homework and somehow thought it was a good idea AB(I’m not for this move)....Of we could get a guy out of retirement like possibly Torrey Smith....Some other internal options maybe or really game planning to try and get possibly Hollins/JJaw involved....

Really have to get the passing game to be more efficient if we want any real chance at a run.

I’ve still been thinking J.J. needs the opportunity to keep growing and make an impact still. He did enough in college and the preseason to keep me believing he can get it done at this level. I also like him in the versatile role of playing all receiving positions. Wentz is just going to need to let go a little bit and keep getting everyone opportunities. Drops and mistakes have happened. Gotta look towards the future more than looking back at the past.