DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve still been thinking J.J. needs the opportunity to keep growing and make an impact still. He did enough in college and the preseason to keep me believing he can get it done at this level. I also like him in the versatile role of playing all receiving positions. Wentz is just going to need to let go a little bit and keep getting everyone opportunities. Drops and mistakes have happened. Gotta look towards the future more than looking back at the past.

This is fine and all but this starts on the practice field and he is not even showing enough now to gain reps over Hollins which is concerning when you figure what Hollins has done....At this stage we need guys that can produce doesn’t mean we can sprinkle some reps to JJ along the way and if he can show more in those reps then he should then gain more reps/playing time not about just handing it to him 

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What are the options? Obviously can’t be playing for another team. So the pool is guys that can’t make a team in the NFL, retired guys(just watched Witten play well last night after retiring last year), AB or our Practice Squad(which still technically is guys that can’t make a team).

Guys come out of retirement every year. Feasible option.

I say they get JMatt.  

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve still been thinking J.J. needs the opportunity to keep growing and make an impact still. He did enough in college and the preseason to keep me believing he can get it done at this level. I also like him in the versatile role of playing all receiving positions. Wentz is just going to need to let go a little bit and keep getting everyone opportunities. Drops and mistakes have happened. Gotta look towards the future more than looking back at the past.

Yes... but add Doug in there more so than Wentz

Gerry doing ok in his role... Maddox back ... so really no need for Sendejo IMO.  

Take the comp pick back which should go back up as Tate grabs more of the snap share.    

On a side note with comp picks and Foles.  Will he get his job back? And if Wentz was in Jax would it be a question?

This is something that the Folesian Society must ponder.  

Just now, joemas6 said:

On a side note with comp picks and Foles.  Will he get his job back? And if Wentz was in Jax would it be a question?

This is something that the Folesian Society must ponder.  

Jags already Announced Foles will start and Minshew going to the bench can’t say I agree with the move but not my call 

For all you east coasters.

I got my property tax bill today.  $485 

2000 sq ft  3 bedroom house  with 80 acres.

Now you know why I didn't move back to PA when I retired from the Air Force.

41 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yes... but add Doug in there more so than Wentz

I don’t think Pedey has a problem with the ball being thrown to any of the receivers. Wentz has made this offense much more complicated. Maybe overthinking things a bit. And it’s understandable with all the mistakes the receivers have been making. But that’s why I say Wentz just has to let it go. Hit the open guy. Let the chips fall where they may.

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think Pedey has a problem with the ball being thrown to any of the receivers. Wentz has made this offense much more complicated. Maybe overthinking things a bit. And it’s understandable with all the mistakes the receivers have been making. But that’s why I say Wentz just has to let it go. Hit the open guy. Let the chips fall where they may.

I think Wentz is doing just fine of letting the ball go he has no issues throwing the ball to who ever.....My guess is Wentz is going through his progressions like he is suppose to but Hollins/JJaw which ever is out there is at the bottom of the progression list.

Wentz is even willing to take risk and throw in tight windows to let his guys make plays that are there to make they just can’t finish.

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Glad your on board. But that’s only part of the answer at this point.

That is my prediction... I'm not necessarily on board.  It's a forfeit move IMO, but at this point the bar is set low.  He doesn't bother me, we could do worse.  I would take the known, if you want to go all in with a slow team, then do it.  At least he gives 100% and knows the system.  He could jump in ASAP if needed, which I like.

30 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How is not throwing to a guy complicated? To me it's simplifying the offense by knowing one guy isn't going to get a look.  

You could tell by the answer after the Buffalo game that it was "part of the game plan" or " by design "  " but it doesn't mean we don't have confidence in him if his number is called"

Those answers to me make it seem like the coach is " simply" not using Hollins or JJAW in a position where they could be targeted.  

Idk... when shunning a guy became complicated?  It's more complicated when you have more options... not less?

23 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I think Wentz is doing just fine of letting the ball go he has no issues throwing the ball to who ever.....My guess is Wentz is going through his progressions like he is suppose to but Hollins/JJaw which ever is out there is at the bottom of the progression list.

Wentz is even willing to take risk and throw in tight windows to let his guys make plays that are there to make they just can’t finish.

Yeah... Hollins is 6th in the progression.  At least he was in Buffalo.  And a friend of mine at the Chicago game said the same thing.  

I didn't see...a look at Hollins and then a decision not to throw it to him... I saw zero looks at Hollins... as if it was by design.  Like he was an OL. Or permanent decoy.  

That's the play call... not the QB not trusting a guy who he looked at.

8 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not really much out there in terms of speed unfortunately......Not at this point in the season 

Right... so go all in on the opposite and get some size.  I'm ok with it for this year.

Reports saying we in fact reached out to Torrey Smith who said he is going to stay retired...Go for him not going to lie though do think he could have helped us but to put your body at this kind of risk for essentially chump change(for him not us avg. folk) 

39 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah... Hollins is 6th in the progression.  At least he was in Buffalo.  And a friend of mine at the Chicago game said the same thing.  

The Chicago game is a bit easier to understand in my eyes since he was not planned to be an important part of the game plan since we thought Djax was good to go.....Buffalo though don’t understand why we wouldn’t have at least a couple design plays that way why not good chance could catch a team napping on them since we rarely go that direction 

I would still seriously consider working out Mike Wallace only had two games before he broke his leg but still a legitimate deep threat has been in the building should not take to long to catch up to speed in the O.... Add him and Jmatt have some speed along with some extra size..... 

Unless we seriously think AG can take that step to be the deep threat I does have some speed to him but him and Wentz just seem off either together... Wentz is off on the throw or AG drops it 

No Mas not sure you get how it works. The players get this thing called a Playbook at the start of the season. Pedey has developed this playbook over many years. So each play has a natural progression of reads. Just because one guy is the least talented doesn’t make him the last option in every play design. That’s why I say it’s more complicated for Wentz. He’s passing by the designs second or third option at times because he doesn’t trust those guys. Because the playbook wasn’t just written for this specific personnel.

And this was kind of what was leaked earlier this season when they called Wentz out on over complicating. Because he is to that extent. He is ‘all in all’ having a fantastic season. That’s just how talented he is. But I’d say just let it fly. Alshon has even dropped several. But he can’t just throw to TE and RB all the time. If Nellie, Mack or J.J drop it...so be it. Put it on them. Sink or swim.

But we finally gave up on Sendejo and that JMatt will work in favor of the comp pick crap. Time to play ball now. Free agency was a bust for us this year. Let’s go ahead and include the DJax trade in with free agency(they give a seventh for our sixth).

29 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No Mas not sure you get how it works. The players get this thing called a Playbook at the start of the season. Pedey has developed this playbook over many years. So each play has a natural progression of reads. Just because one guy is the least talented doesn’t make him the last option in every play design. That’s why I say it’s more complicated for Wentz. He’s passing by the designs second or third option at times because he doesn’t trust those guys. Because the playbook wasn’t just written for this specific personnel.

This might be the case but do you know what plays they aren’t the last option???? Can you say that when Wentz looks at them they are open during that part of his progression.....I have not seen Wentz shy away from throwing the ball to anyone even AG or Alshon Geodart etc these guys have been responsible for more drops then Hollins or JJaw....

So to me it is either a design flaw where he is not looking there way(ie bear his last reads) or they just are not getting open when he is looking there way resulting in him to go to his next guy

19 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

This might be the case but do you know what plays they aren’t the last option???? Can you say that when Wentz looks at them they are open during that part of his progression.....I have not seen Wentz shy away from throwing the ball to anyone even AG or Alshon Geodart etc these guys have been responsible for more drops then Hollins or JJaw....

So to me it is either a design flaw where he is not looking there way(ie bear his last reads) or they just are not getting open when he is looking there way resulting in him to go to his next guy

We disagree. I think he is very much shying away from throwing to these guys.