DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

That’s why I believe that part of the leak that came out about Wentz over complicating. He’s not only going through his progressions but he’s picking and choosing reliable targets on top of that. Unfortunately Alshon even dropped the ball big time. 

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s why I believe that part of the leak that came out about Wentz over complicating. He’s not only going through his progressions but he’s picking and choosing reliable targets on top of that. Unfortunately Alshon even dropped the ball big time. 

He hasn’t had any reliable targets this year though so I find that hard to believe....AG Alshon Geodart, Ertz by them selfs all have more drops then Hollins/JJaw have combined....This logic makes zero sense to me.... 

I have not seen one instant when watching these games where I’m like oh Wentz didn’t throw to an open Hollins or JJaw....Or just skipped them in progression.....Hell even commenters aren’t going back to the replays and say oh well Wentz missed Hollins or JJaw on this play....

Little things like that would give your credit to your speculation but it isn’t happening....No evidence pointing to he just won’t throw them the ball that makes no sense at all why would he not throw to an open WR????? So either plays are not being designed to them(thats on Doug) or they are not getting open. That simple in my eyes 

On 11/4/2019 at 11:00 AM, BleedingGreen93 said:

Tweet by John Clark

Doug Pederson says they will look into options at WR over bye week "We have to find consistency in our passing game” "They’ve been good. They haven’t been great” Eagles WRs rankings in
NFL:

27th: Receptions: 87

30th: Yards: 933

31st: Average: 10.7

11th tied: TDs: 8

I like Jeffery. But we cant let him off the hook. Can someone tell me how many drops he has this year? Everyone beats up on AG, but Jeffery has had more drops I bet. Guys all over catching with one hand because of the gloves nowdays and Eagles guys cant catch with two hands? Cmon man!

On 11/4/2019 at 2:03 PM, BleedingGreen93 said:

Old heads we should not target Crabtree and Dez Bryant.

Really slim pickings.

T.O. can still play :lol:

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

None of us fans KNOW since we aren't there. Maybe coaches are telling him to do "x” and we think it "looks” like "y”. I think a lot of the "leak” story is probably just hearsay to create a story. Someone being whiny because the "me” generation player didn't get his way. Who knows. Not us.

A player is eligible to return to practice six weeks from the day that he's placed on Injured Reserve, but he must miss at least eight games (not weeks, games) before he can return to the 53-man roster.

If it so happened to play out this way does that mean D-Jac wouldn't be eligible to return till Eagles' 2nd playoff game? 'Cause as it stands there are only 7 games left to the RS.  

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No Mas not sure you get how it works. The players get this thing called a Playbook at the start of the season. Pedey has developed this playbook over many years. So each play has a natural progression of reads. Just because one guy is the least talented doesn’t make him the last option in every play design. That’s why I say it’s more complicated for Wentz. He’s passing by the designs second or third option at times because he doesn’t trust those guys. Because the playbook wasn’t just written for this specific personnel.

Ham..... again... don't overthink.   Its simple.... if a QB looks at a guy ... then he is an option.   If a QB doesn't even glance one time at a guy... he isn;t an option.   Very simple.   Wentz isn't ... "passing bye"     that would mean he looks there.   i;m telling you... live at the Buffalo game... Wentz didn't even glance at Hollins.   like he was NEVER an option ... simple... not complicated.   You follow?????    Invisible .. not there... not a thought.  Not an option.   etc.  Can't be more clear here, you just seem to be stubborn in having to make it complicated for some reason?   

Now... I agree he may be passing up Agholor at times... different story... because he absolutely looked at hime mutliple times.   There you can say he is making a decision on the fly... possibly complicating it for some reason.    But not with Hollins, a guy who he never looked at, not even once.  And his post game interview mentioned the game plan ...etc.. "but when his # is called, I do trust him"   etc.  

Doug... Wentz ...a combo of the 2 ... need to self scout and figure out that we can't go 3 WRs sets ...and not even have one guy as an option.  Gotta either make him an option ...ie look at him .... or lets go more 2TE sets and or some 2 RBs sets instead.     Need 5 options in a passing game .... unless one or two stay in to block.   

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We disagree. I think he is very much shying away from throwing to these guys.

Agree with Agholor .... but not Hollins ..... because he needs to look at a guy first before he thinks about throwing or NOT throwing it to him.   Not looking even looking at him ... leads me to think Doug has a major part in that.  

And I have to be honest.... I didn't really pay attention if Hollins was ever open... basically because I was following Wentz's where Wentz was looking (NEVER at Hollins) .... or appeared to be looking ... he for sure appeared to be locked in on Agholor a few times and decided to pass him up.  Wind was tough, and Agholor was the difficult throw and into coverage ... in that particular game, I don't know if it was more doubt in Agholor or playing it safe in the elements?    

I'd like to see Agholor more involved in some end arounds, reverses .... and then some fakes.    Some more short crossing patterns into spots that are cleared out ... similar to how NE uses Edlemen ... run towards the middle, then quick reverse direction back to the sideline where Wentz can make an easy throw and have space in front.   Similar to the play they couldn't connect with Sproles this past week.   To me it seems we don't have plays where we hit guys short with an opportunity for them to be moving into empty space as they make the catch.  I think that is Agholor's strength, catch it short and then go run with it.    Seems like every time one of our guys catch the ball... multiple defenders around.  

2 hours ago, senhorcook said:

None of us fans KNOW since we aren't there. Maybe coaches are telling him to do "x” and we think it "looks” like "y”. I think a lot of the "leak” story is probably just hearsay to create a story. Someone being whiny because the "me” generation player didn't get his way. Who knows. Not us.

Leak stories came out the last 2 weeks prior to the Dallas game ??? Coincidence?      

I really think the bye week will be huge for Alshon.     Similar to Darby early on, he just doesn't seem to be moving like his normal self.   You don't get that much slower at age 29... lol.     

Bye week came at a great time.   Lots of negative vibes around the team...etc.   Perfect time to take a mental break, and come back fresh.  JMatt or whoever it is, bring in some fresh energy too.  

I mean ... only thing missing is us having Foles to go against another pathetic schedule .... score 20 points vs Miami, win 20 -3, and everyone saying ... "see how things are much smoother with Foles."   Well... hopefully Wentz stays healthy so he can face that pathetic schedule.  While this may not be SB year .... I am very interested in the Eagles vs Dallas story ... I think its important for more than just this year.  Very important step for Wentz to win a division from start to finish and play/ win in a playoff game.   Also, important IMO for Dallas to win the division this year, otherwise doubts creep in about their future as well.     Being a future free agent destination ... I think the results of this year are important for that.   Do we go 3 years in a row making the playoffs?   Or do we go from SB to out of the playoffs in 2 years,  with our rival Dallas as being seen on the upswing.   Lots at stake IMO.     

Eagles 5 wins .... vs teams that are 18-24

Dallas 5 wins ... vs teams that are 9-26    ... if you count the Giants twice .... 11- 33.    

Eagles beat Green Bay and Buffalo ...combined record of 13-4.    13-2 vs other opponents besides the Eagles 

Dallas .... other than beating the 5-4 Eagles .... Giants twice, Skins and Dolphins ... have a combined 4-22 record.  

Dallas and Eagles both play 1-8 Washington  ....    but the remaining schedule ... Dallas opponents are 36-22.    with Eagles opponents being 22-27.

We will have a good assessment after week 12.   With 5 games left and the sprint to the finish. If we are still within a game of Dallas or even with them... I like our chances!    

I have noticed some wide open receivers. With all the away games the announcers weren't saying who they are, but I'm sure Wentz and the coaches hear about it in the locker room and it shows up on tape. Wentz is also telegraphing a lot of his throws, leading to passes defensed and receivers taking hits,

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

I have noticed some wide open receivers. With all the away games the announcers weren't saying who they are, but I'm sure Wentz and the coaches hear about it in the locker room and it shows up on tape. Wentz is also telegraphing a lot of his throws, leading to passes defensed and receivers taking hits,

Wide open?  I notice that on tv too...but it's not on the Eagles.  Never " wide" open.

Remeber T>O> said he can still play lmao. Since Smith said no,then I would sign JMatt and Kelvin Benjamin.That offers you 2 distinctly different WR's who can be shuffled in and out depending on the play call.Benji is not fast,but he has hands we could use right now and in the RZ he is tall which means you have him and Alshon to climb ladders in the EZ.Plug in JMatt between the 20's and Benji in the RZ

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I really think the bye week will be huge for Alshon.     Similar to Darby early on, he just doesn't seem to be moving like his normal self.   You don't get that much slower at age 29... lol.     

Bye week came at a great time.   Lots of negative vibes around the team...etc.   Perfect time to take a mental break, and come back fresh.  JMatt or whoever it is, bring in some fresh energy too.  

I mean ... only thing missing is us having Foles to go against another pathetic schedule .... score 20 points vs Miami, win 20 -3, and everyone saying ... "see how things are much smoother with Foles."   Well... hopefully Wentz stays healthy so he can face that pathetic schedule.  While this may not be SB year .... I am very interested in the Eagles vs Dallas story ... I think its important for more than just this year.  Very important step for Wentz to win a division from start to finish and play/ win in a playoff game.   Also, important IMO for Dallas to win the division this year, otherwise doubts creep in about their future as well.     Being a future free agent destination ... I think the results of this year are important for that.   Do we go 3 years in a row making the playoffs?   Or do we go from SB to out of the playoffs in 2 years,  with our rival Dallas as being seen on the upswing.   Lots at stake IMO.     

Yeah mentioned this before that Alshon doesn't seem to be "busting" like he used to

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Eagles 5 wins .... vs teams that are 18-24

Dallas 5 wins ... vs teams that are 9-26    ... if you count the Giants twice .... 11- 33.    

Eagles beat Green Bay and Buffalo ...combined record of 13-4.    13-2 vs other opponents besides the Eagles 

Dallas .... other than beating the 5-4 Eagles .... Giants twice, Skins and Dolphins ... have a combined 4-22 record.  

Dallas and Eagles both play 1-8 Washington  ....    but the remaining schedule ... Dallas opponents are 36-22.    with Eagles opponents being 22-27.

We will have a good assessment after week 12.   With 5 games left and the sprint to the finish. If we are still within a game of Dallas or even with them... I like our chances!    

I think it was imperative that we beat the Bears.Going into the break 5-4 gives the team a boost instead of going 4-5.I really never thought we'd need WR help this year,but so many are underperforming.Pats lost going into their bye,we won.Lets see what we do with the WR issue.If anyone can find it I'd like to see stats on JMatt vs the Pats because he is an immediate plug and play and basically one of the few options we have at this point who can walk in and play vs the Pats  

There was a time when JMat was Carsons' main outlet, esp in the EZ. Never understood why they let him go, I wanted to keep him.

This season ought to serve as a lesson to the FO. Deep threat WR's can go any distance, short range WR's can't go long and spread out a D.

Downhill RB's that can catch will get you the important yds the squigglies can't.

Always have 2 deep threats, 2 downhills.

6 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Reports saying Jmatt had a "really good” workout

JMatt is a solid but not spectacular receiver.

A definite upgrade over Hollins and JJAW

Ag's earned enough to go to a sports shrink. He's got the talent and ability, yet even tho he's shown it in spurts, seems he still doesn't believe in himself. I think he could be good. Should take a lesson off of Brooks, who's rated the best RG in the NFL

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Ag's earned enough to go to a sports shrink. He's got the talent and ability, yet even tho he's shown it in spurts, seems he still doesn't believe in himself. I think he could be good. Should take a lesson off of Brooks, who's rated the best RG in the NFL

What does a RG have to do with a WR?