DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

33 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

It's Maryland GB! Still have to wish you the best, we just blew a game. Drops, INT's, lousy secondary

Well they aren't the caliber of OSU,but they aren't 73 points bad lol

16 hours ago, joemas6 said:

???  Which trade would you have made then? Question the effort?  Seemed to be reported by all the insiders that Howie was working his butt of making calls.  I can understand naming a trade that you would have done and so you disagree with a non move.. but naming players and trades you wouldn't have made and using those examples doesn't really back up your point.

We are dissatisfied that Howie couldn't get a fair deal for a player.   32 teams in the league, how many trades?  Plus we got a pass rusher, which I think we will need down the stretch.   Idk, sometimes the other team isn't willing to cooperate.   Sanders to me was the only trade for the picks that I might have made.  I'm not overpaying for Sanu or Robby Anderson.  Jordan Matthew's, as blah as he is... cost nothing... better deal than those guys.

We move on ... lots of season left. Let's go. 

I would have gone after Fitzpatrick from Miami ponied up especially with two aging veterans filling multiple roles at Safety . The defending champs gave up a second round for Mohammed Sanu ...hmmmm has Bellacheat suddenly become an inept fool and over-valued Sanu . The Cow#itches who ponied up a #1 for Cooper was he worth that price.? Seems like he was As Cooper continues to abuse us. Anderson in NY a Speed / Deep Threat. Price is toooo high ... Maybe prices gave gone up and our old philosophy of buying low and selling high... maybe needs to be tweaked . I probably... like with Ramsey or Gordon, I wouldn’t pay that price ...However after watching other Teams and GM’s going All in to win a SB. Hell the Defending World Champs who were  8-0 before BMore we’re making move paying higher fees. Seattle Seagals...49ers ....Undefeated added Emanuel Sanders .... YET...our Team felt good enough to stand pat. The way they have played all year...hahahahaha...OK...Hahahaha.

1 hour ago, trini said:

I would have gone after Fitzpatrick from Miami ponied up especially with two aging veterans filling multiple roles at Safety . The defending champs gave up a second round for Mohammed Sanu ...hmmmm has Bellacheat suddenly become an inept fool and over-valued Sanu . The Cow#itches who ponied up a #1 for Cooper was he worth that price.? Seems like he was As Cooper continues to abuse us. Anderson in NY a Speed / Deep Threat. Price is toooo high ... Maybe prices gave gone up and our old philosophy of buying low and selling high... maybe needs to be tweaked . I probably... like with Ramsey or Gordon, I wouldn’t pay that price ...However after watching other Teams and GM’s going All in to win a SB. Hell the Defending World Champs who were  8-0 before BMore we’re making move paying higher fees. Seattle Seagals...49ers ....Undefeated added Emanuel Sanders .... YET...our Team felt good enough to stand pat. The way they have played all year...hahahahaha...OK...Hahahaha.

Hard to say if we made the right call at the deadline but will say this I do think we need draft picks and right now we are finally looking to have a draft with good amount of picks....Need Infuse our roster with young talent. Said it before believe we were tied with the Titans with the fewest draft picks last 3 years paired with our limited cap makes it hard to go crazy in FA...

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Hard to say if we made the right call at the deadline but will say this I do think we need draft picks and right now we are finally looking to have a draft with good amount of picks....Need Infuse our roster with young talent. Said it before believe we were tied with the Titans with the fewest draft picks last 3 years paired with our limited cap makes it hard to go crazy in FA...

We infuse our team with young talent,they don't cut it and we go out and find old guys again.This is especially true at WR and CB and that needs to END!!!!

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We need to get younger that's for sure. 

See below lol

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We infuse our team with young talent,they don't cut it and we go out and find old guys again.This is especially true at WR and CB and that needs to END!!!!

See below lol

I mean we have youth on the OL Dillard(Brooks/Lane still in there primes)DL-Barnett and Sweat(Avery made a nice first start as well)....LB I’ve honestly liked the youth movement there I like KGH and Gerry has been solid. Edwards is still young and liked the trade for Riley(has starting exp. been a good Ster as well)
RB- Sanders is looking like a nice gem

TE- Geodart is coming along nicely not perfect yet but still pretty good.

Can’t say we are completely lacking adding youth when it is really only two spots that we are having issues with WR and CB....

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK,some teams have 6 picks and 4 of them stick.Other teams have 20 picks and cant do jack with them.

I mean the draft is a serious guessing game we see sure things bust and guys that are after thoughts become all pros.... Better chances to get more good players with more picks.

Just to give some credit for a guy this board showed some serious hate...Josh Jacobs has been killing it this year.... Looking like the ROTY. Definitely showing why he was a 1st rounder 

811 yards rushing 7 tds 

132 yards receiving

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LOL yeah but offenses have gotten better since week 2.Their "identity" is "do the double move and burn them at will" 🙄

How many double moves have you seen against us in the last few games? 

Problem is... 2 or 3 vs Minnesota...a lot of people can't get that out of their heads 

5 games from now, we could go without a double move... then give one up... " the Eagles are getting killed with the double move "   lol.

7 hours ago, trini said:

So other teams overpaid...so we need to do it too? 

A team close to winning... should overpay.  When you don't think one guy gets you there... you shouldn't overpay. 

Cooper was last year.. Dallas gave up a #1.   Would the Eagles have needed to give up more? Dallas was 3-5? If you worked for the Raiders , both the Eagles and the 3-5 Dallas team offered a 1st, which do you take?

Fitzpatrick,  I could see as a long term investment at S.  We have 2 pretty good ones now though.  So not sure how much the move helps for 2019.  Although it clearly would some for sure. Pittsburgh just lost Big Ben... they offered a 1st.  What would it have taken from the Eagles to get him?  Would Pittsburgh have offered more?  Then what would it cost?

Sanu and Sanders were really the only players to where you could say the Eagles could have offered the same as the teams that traded for them, and possibly could have been enough.  But we don't know if the other teams would have upped their offers either? 

We got a pass rusher, which I think was needed.  We'll see what happens.  

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We infuse our team with young talent,they don't cut it and we go out and find old guys again.This is especially true at WR and CB 

Who is our old CB?

11 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean the draft is a serious guessing game we see sure things bust and guys that are after thoughts become all pros.... Better chances to get more good players with more picks.

True wisdom brother...Even when we had 7 or 8  picks we were around 20% success...if that... we’ve complained about sooooooo many Headscratchers picks. Where are those Eagle  picks now ... are they even in the league . When I look at the Stinking Cow#itches... Vanderesche...Jaylon Smith.. their young drafted CB’s that are playing big time ball, their Line. I would buy... build through the Draft on that Cowitch team because as much as I hate saying this... The Cowitches seem to know how to draft .... How I ABSOLUTELY HATE acknowledging that aaaaarrrrrggghhhh..A.S.S.

Joe Douglas was here credited with helping us win a SB I honestly get it. The Draft is the tried and tested way. In the Cowitches case, they’re proving it on the field. However when you have proven talents come available like they have this year. Ramsey, Clowney. Fitzpatrick The type of players that never get free from teams are free... don’t feed me that BS that we building through the draft. Nobody got a crystal ball I don’t. But when talent is there to be had you make your team better. We won a SB two seasons ago. As an Eagle Fanatic Win...lose I bleed green...but the message from the team to me as a fan. We’re smarter than everyone else and we’re good enough.  

@joemas6I hope Avery pans out, seems he is fairly undersized. At this point the dye is cast. We got no choice NOW.... I am very disappointed in the team’s response finally a healthy Carson Wentz and this is Howie’s response...Joe remind me later because I truly hope you’re right and I am wrong and this is NOT another wasted season.

2 hours ago, trini said:

True wisdom brother...Even when we had 7 or 8  picks we were around 20% success...if that... we’ve complained about sooooooo many Headscratchers picks. Where are those Eagle  picks now ... are they even in the league . When I look at the Stinking Cow#itches... Vanderesche...Jaylon Smith.. their young drafted CB’s that are playing big time ball, their Line. I would buy... build through the Draft on that Cowitch team because as much as I hate saying this... The Cowitches seem to know how to draft .... How I ABSOLUTELY HATE acknowledging that aaaaarrrrrggghhhh..A.S.S.

Joe Douglas was here credited with helping us win a SB I honestly get it. The Draft is the tried and tested way. In the Cowitches case, they’re proving it on the field. However when you have proven talents come available like they have this year. Ramsey, Clowney. Fitzpatrick The type of players that never get free from teams are free... don’t feed me that BS that we building through the draft. Nobody got a crystal ball I don’t. But when talent is there to be had you make your team better. We won a SB two seasons ago. As an Eagle Fanatic Win...lose I bleed green...but the message from the team to me as a fan. We’re smarter than everyone else and we’re good enough.  

@joemas6I hope Avery pans out, seems he is fairly undersized. At this point the dye is cast. We got no choice NOW.... I am very disappointed in the team’s response finally a healthy Carson Wentz and this is Howie’s response...Joe remind me later because I truly hope you’re right and I am wrong and this is NOT another wasted season.

Even Dallas is only hitting on 2-3 players though in a draft and they usually have 8-10 picks... They have had success at drafting CB unlike us but they have struggles draft DL and even TE and the S spot....Don’t forget they had to bring back Witten to play TE since they had nobody. DL lot of holder guys and just had a recent bust in a taco Charlton.

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

However when you have proven talents come available like they have this year. Ramsey, Clowney. Fitzpatrick The type of players that never get free from teams are free... don’t feed me that BS that we building through the draft.

Such a double edge sword though Clowney good player sure most sacks he has ever had 9.5 in a season he is truly that much better then what we have now to give up a 1st for???? Ramsey I like a ton but again Rams gave up a Kings ransom for him and he can walk in FA if he wants....Fitzpatrick was the one guy a thought was not that bad since he was still on his rookie deal so had couple years of that and he could be a long term piece here but think Joe brought it up if we viewed him as a S how much does he help now???? 

We have not been a terrible drafting team by any means just have not been good at taking CB or WR.

Dallas OL is overhyped don’t get me wrong they are good but they invest a ton oh it what 3-4 l1st rounders....Our OL is just as good and would say around the same age. on avg. 

14 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean we have youth on the OL Dillard(Brooks/Lane still in there primes)DL-Barnett and Sweat(Avery made a nice first start as well)....LB I’ve honestly liked the youth movement there I like KGH and Gerry has been solid. Edwards is still young and liked the trade for Riley(has starting exp. been a good Ster as well)
RB- Sanders is looking like a nice gem

TE- Geodart is coming along nicely not perfect yet but still pretty good.

Can’t say we are completely lacking adding youth when it is really only two spots that we are having issues with WR and CB....

As I stated,those 2 spots.And they are important positions

Just to give some credit for a guy this board showed some serious hate...Josh Jacobs has been killing it this year.... Looking like the ROTY. Definitely showing why he was a 1st rounder 

811 yards rushing 7 tds 

132 yards receiving

Mayock knows his draftees lol

12 hours ago, joemas6 said:

How many double moves have you seen against us in the last few games? 

Problem is... 2 or 3 vs Minnesota...a lot of people can't get that out of their heads 

5 games from now, we could go without a double move... then give one up... " the Eagles are getting killed with the double move "   lol.

Double move not needed when they can be beat with single cuts

Lmao crazy random fact...Howie Has never drafted an Alabama player...

He needs to this next draft.They have 3 nice WR's in Jeudy,Ruggs and Devonte Smith,(another at Ohio State in Hill),so failure to get one of these guys tells me we have inadequate scouts and/or we don't value high draft picks at this spot.Same with CB's.We always wait get the third tier draftees,or pick up other teams draft rejects.If we want a top flight WR,this is the draft to get one(or 2).There are a few CB's in this draft,but once again it would take a low round pick.I would personally like to see WR/CB rounds 1 and 2 in either order. Another WR with one of our 4 picks,maybe a S with the other 4th.Think we are OK at RB.Sanders coming on,Howard I would have NP re-signing,Clement return,Scott works hard.Jjaw COULD be a nice slot guy,Hollins and AG, I am losing faith in.We need 2 outside WR's for the future even if we keep Djax