DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Double move not needed when they can be beat with single cuts

Is it the players suck .... cause Other teams I watch their CB 's , they're not getting beat on DBl moves like we have for years...is it coaching  mixed in with scheme ?

3 minutes ago, trini said:

Is it the players suck .... cause Other teams I watch their CB 's , they're not getting beat on DBl moves like we have for years...is it coaching  mixed in with scheme ?

I wish I knew.Personally I am a man to man guy,but we don't have the players to do it.Even if we did,would Schwartz play more man? IDK.Like to see some "aggressive" guys that chuck off the LOS instead of playing off 8 yards.So this zone thing is not my cup of tea,but this is my team so.....

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

He needs to this next draft.They have 3 nice WR's in Jeudy,Ruggs and Devonte Smith,(another at Ohio State in Hill),so failure to get one of these guys tells me we have inadequate scouts and/or we don't value high draft picks at this spot.Same with CB's.We always wait get the third tier draftees,or pick up other teams draft rejects.If we want a top flight WR,this is the draft to get one(or 2).There are a few CB's in this draft,but once again it would take a low round pick.I would personally like to see WR/CB rounds 1 and 2 in either order. Another WR with one of our 4 picks,maybe a S with the other 4th.Think we are OK at RB.Sanders coming on,Howard I would have NP re-signing,Clement return,Scott works hard.Jjaw COULD be a nice slot guy,Hollins and AG, I am losing faith in.We need 2 outside WR's for the future even if we keep Djax

I like JJaw as a possible Alshon replacement personally think they are similar player types...Not thinking about the draft yet to far away plus no clue who will declares and who will opt to stay in school. We need speed on the outside even if we keep Djax.

32 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I like JJaw as a possible Alshon replacement personally think they are similar player types...Not thinking about the draft yet to far away plus no clue who will declares and who will opt to stay in school. We need speed on the outside even if we keep Djax.

JJaw was the #2 RedZone threat in college Big and Fast and Alshon replacement. The knock as far as our Birds go...our WR's must be able to play all 3 WR spots. He had a full TC and Preseason nine games in ???  Sorry I'm just a little sour on our WR issues.

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I wish I knew.Personally I am a man to man guy,but we don't have the players to do it.Even if we did,would Schwartz play more man? IDK.Like to see some "aggressive" guys that chuck off the LOS instead of playing off 8 yards.So this zone thing is not my cup of tea,but this is my team so.....

Seems like we used to be  more man to man back in the Troy Vincent, Eric Allen days. Thought when we drafted Sydney Jones he was more of a man corner... Jones so far has done enough to stay on the bench.

34 minutes ago, trini said:

Jones so far has done enough to stay on the bench.

Nice summation!!!! At any rate tonight I am  HUGE HUGE Vikes fan lol

Fans on AG a LOT, but his numbers (including drops) are almost IDENTICAL to Jeffery. Just saying.

Jordan Hicks looking good for the Cardinals. Too bad he just couldn’t stay healthy as an Eagle.

Mahomes is sure fun to watch. He really needs a defense of some kind.

24 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Fans on AG a LOT, but his numbers (including drops) are almost IDENTICAL to Jeffery. Just saying.

Jordan Hicks looking good for the Cardinals. Too bad he just couldn’t stay healthy as an Eagle.

Hicks tried an arm tackle and got made a fool of

26 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

The announcer goes "well,they went from SB contenders to bottom of the barrel in one game" OMG they lost by 3 freakin' points so now it's over? What a moron.Apparently this fool is Collinsworthlesses heir.They put up 32 points!!! But yeah bottom of the barrel now lol

7 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Yeah it's far away.so? We need to do better research and start NOW if we want top guys for our offense.There are no #1 WR's on FA.Make no mistake our scouting dept works all year

OMG Vikings are up  28- 21.....oooohhhh I hate the GD Vikes....they’re playing the Cow #itches ...Hell I hate those Gals even more...Gooooooo Vikes.

18 minutes ago, trini said:

Yaaaaaaaa go Vikes..... Cowitches lose... I  hate the Vikes.

Glad they hung on.We lost to them too,but nice they did us a favor

54 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Glad they hung on.We lost to them too,but nice they did us a favor

That does us a real favour because now we just have to take care of our own business rather than rely on others. 

15 hours ago, trini said:

True wisdom brother...Even when we had 7 or 8  picks we were around 20% success...if that... we’ve complained about sooooooo many Headscratchers picks. Where are those Eagle  picks now ... are they even in the league . When I look at the Stinking Cow#itches... Vanderesche...Jaylon Smith.. their young drafted CB’s that are playing big time ball, their Line. I would buy... build through the Draft on that Cowitch team because as much as I hate saying this... The Cowitches seem to know how to draft .... How I ABSOLUTELY HATE acknowledging that aaaaarrrrrggghhhh..A.S.S.

Joe Douglas was here credited with helping us win a SB I honestly get it. The Draft is the tried and tested way. In the Cowitches case, they’re proving it on the field. However when you have proven talents come available like they have this year. Ramsey, Clowney. Fitzpatrick The type of players that never get free from teams are free... don’t feed me that BS that we building through the draft. Nobody got a crystal ball I don’t. But when talent is there to be had you make your team better. We won a SB two seasons ago. As an Eagle Fanatic Win...lose I bleed green...but the message from the team to me as a fan. We’re smarter than everyone else and we’re good enough.  

@joemas6I hope Avery pans out, seems he is fairly undersized. At this point the dye is cast. We got no choice NOW.... I am very disappointed in the team’s response finally a healthy Carson Wentz and this is Howie’s response...Joe remind me later because I truly hope you’re right and I am wrong and this is NOT another wasted season.

Yeah... Dallas is great bro.   5-4 just like the Eagles ...2 playoff wins in a whole generation.   They sure are the model to emmulate here??????   Impressive wins over 4 scrub teams and an injured Eagles team at home... very impressive.... that young defense boy ... looking great!   Oh how I am so jealous of Dallas .... lol.   

Relax... injuries happen... you don't overpay for players due to that.  And again...as you are pointing out certain players ... take a look from the team that is trading the player AT THE EXACT TIME OF THE TRADE!!!    Say the Eagles make all the same offers... which one are you taking?   Seattle back before the season started?     Pittsburgh after Ben goes down?    The Rams after Seattle and SF jump ahead and they suffer  some big injuries?      In neither of Clowney, Ramsey nor Fitzpatrick would the Eagles have been able to match.   NONE

Are you giving up a 2nd rounder for Clowney plus the 8 mil cap hit to let him walk next year?  A guy kinda known to dog it while waiting to get paid?   And no guarantee Seattle wouldn't up it to a 2nd rounder either .. then what happens?  You give up a first for a one year rental, plus the cap hit?

Steelers lost Ben, could have been seen as a top 10 pick at the time.  We were still seen as a playoff team.   Say we offer a 1st and a 2nd for Fitzpatrick... AT THAT TIME .... you are Miami, what do you do?   Turning down say pick # 10 for estimated pick 24 & 56?   I don't think so.  and no guarantee Pittsburgh doesn't up the offer if they needed.  

Rams offered two 1sts and a 4th.    You are Jax, you know the Rams are behind in that tough division and dealing with injuries and that schedule.  Chances are that pick is in the teens... and also looking forward one more year with SF getting better as a young team, and Gurley's injury history ... what would it take from the Eagles to beat that offer?    I'm putting you in the GM job for Jax?   you tell me.  Eagles offer two 1sts and a 2nd rounder ... do you do it?   While you see that Eagles will only have Dallas to contend with for the next 2 years as far as stopping them from making the playoffs.   Dallas just lost to the Jets to go 3-3  ... 2 days before the trade.     Looking at that logic .... Eagles chance to have two first rounders in the 20s ... vs Rams good chance of having their 2 picks in the teens.   Lets say the Eagles do offer two 1sts and a 2nd ... what offer do you take?   Whose to say that the Rams don't up their offer?    Then what do you give up for a guy who plays a non QB and non line of scrimmage position?    Three #1s?  I don't think so.  

Relax, Dallas stinks, those LBs you love were toast vs Cook.  You should have ZERO envy towards Dallas.   They haven't accomplished squat compared to us.  WE out lasted them the last 2 seasons.... and looking at the remaining schedule for 2019... looks to be the same barring anything out of the ordinary happening.   You, along with the rest of us have no clue what goes on behind the scenes... to say or imply Howie is either lazy, stupid or satisfied is comical.  32 teams in the league... to sound like we should always be the top of the mountain each year is really entitled.  Using Dallas in any way to compare to the Eagles and complain ... IDK if I find it funny, sad or not intelligent?    Lets go Eagles... 7 game stretch... climb aboard... and yeah.... for sure I will remind you later, but for now enjoy some football... best time of the year IMO November football.  

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Double move not needed when they can be beat with single cuts

Lets see what happenss with our starting CBs being back healthy.  Plus a healthy Cox and an addition to the pass rush with the new guy.   We shall see.  "Zul" on the bench might help more than we think?  

11 hours ago, trini said:

Which teams do you watch with more success than the Eagles the last few years?   All those teams hoisting the Lombardi?   

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The announcer goes "well,they went from SB contenders to bottom of the barrel in one game" OMG they lost by 3 freakin' points so now it's over? What a moron.Apparently this fool is Collinsworthlesses heir.They put up 32 points!!! But yeah bottom of the barrel now lol

Yeah ... funny how people complain about teams with 4 losses.... lol 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That does us a real favour because now we just have to take care of our own business rather than rely on others. 

And make sure we beat them in game 2 lol

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah ... funny how people complain about teams with 4 losses.... lol 

That was the KC game,Mahomes "come back game and cause they lost by 3,they are all DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Yeah... Dallas is great bro.   5-4 just like the Eagles ...2 playoff wins in a whole generation.   They sure are the model to emmulate here??????   Impressive wins over 4 scrub teams and an injured Eagles team at home... very impressive.... that young defense boy ... looking great!   Oh how I am so jealous of Dallas .... lol.   

Relax... injuries happen... you don't overpay for players due to that.  And again...as you are pointing out certain players ... take a look from the team that is trading the player AT THE EXACT TIME OF THE TRADE!!!    Say the Eagles make all the same offers... which one are you taking?   Seattle back before the season started?     Pittsburgh after Ben goes down?    The Rams after Seattle and SF jump ahead and they suffer  some big injuries?      In neither of Clowney, Ramsey nor Fitzpatrick would the Eagles have been able to match.   NONE

Are you giving up a 2nd rounder for Clowney plus the 8 mil cap hit to let him walk next year?  A guy kinda known to dog it while waiting to get paid?   And no guarantee Seattle wouldn't up it to a 2nd rounder either .. then what happens?  You give up a first for a one year rental, plus the cap hit?

Steelers lost Ben, could have been seen as a top 10 pick at the time.  We were still seen as a playoff team.   Say we offer a 1st and a 2nd for Fitzpatrick... AT THAT TIME .... you are Miami, what do you do?   Turning down say pick # 10 for estimated pick 24 & 56?   I don't think so.  and no guarantee Pittsburgh doesn't up the offer if they needed.  

Rams offered two 1sts and a 4th.    You are Jax, you know the Rams are behind in that tough division and dealing with injuries and that schedule.  Chances are that pick is in the teens... and also looking forward one more year with SF getting better as a young team, and Gurley's injury history ... what would it take from the Eagles to beat that offer?    I'm putting you in the GM job for Jax?   you tell me.  Eagles offer two 1sts and a 2nd rounder ... do you do it?   While you see that Eagles will only have Dallas to contend with for the next 2 years as far as stopping them from making the playoffs.   Dallas just lost to the Jets to go 3-3  ... 2 days before the trade.     Looking at that logic .... Eagles chance to have two first rounders in the 20s ... vs Rams good chance of having their 2 picks in the teens.   Lets say the Eagles do offer two 1sts and a 2nd ... what offer do you take?   Whose to say that the Rams don't up their offer?    Then what do you give up for a guy who plays a non QB and non line of scrimmage position?    Three #1s?  I don't think so.  

Relax, Dallas stinks, those LBs you love were toast vs Cook.  You should have ZERO envy towards Dallas.   They haven't accomplished squat compared to us.  WE out lasted them the last 2 seasons.... and looking at the remaining schedule for 2019... looks to be the same barring anything out of the ordinary happening.   You, along with the rest of us have no clue what goes on behind the scenes... to say or imply Howie is either lazy, stupid or satisfied is comical.  32 teams in the league... to sound like we should always be the top of the mountain each year is really entitled.  Using Dallas in any way to compare to the Eagles and complain ... IDK if I find it funny, sad or not intelligent?    Lets go Eagles... 7 game stretch... climb aboard... and yeah.... for sure I will remind you later, but for now enjoy some football... best time of the year IMO November football.  

I can agree with alot of this.The point I was making(and it's only 1 facet of the game) is their WR's were making remarkable plays.I mean stuff for the newsreels.Many of those were VERY well covered and they caught them anyway,where ours tend to drop them with noone even close to them.Possibly it's not the talent,but the discipline,or they have coaches that teach catching..Even thought they lost I was impressed with their receivers.They even had Cobb putting up some numbers.Gallup and of course Coop.Even Witten got in on the act

Lets see what happenss with our starting CBs being back healthy.  Plus a healthy Cox and an addition to the pass rush with the new guy.   We shall see.  "Zul" on the bench might help more than we think?  

At this point any improvement is welcome