DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

And make sure we beat them in game 2 lol

All part of taking care of our own business right...

Nothing like a Cowpies loss to brighten up the day

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I can agree with alot of this.The point I was making(and it's only 1 facet of the game) is their WR's were making remarkable plays.I mean stuff for the newsreels.Many of those were VERY well covered and they caught them anyway,where ours tend to drop them with noone even close to them.Possibly it's not the talent,but the discipline,or they have coaches that teach catching..Even thought they lost I was impressed with their receivers.They even had Cobb putting up some numbers.Gallup and of course Coop.Even Witten got in on the act

????  Was my post in response to yours??        

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

????  Was my post in response to yours??        

???It's a fan board,thought I was free to respond to anything? Sorry Mr.policeman,won't happen again!!!

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

???It's a fan board,thought I was free to respond to anything? Sorry Mr.policeman,won't happen again!!!

No... that's fine... but I was referring to another post.... nothing to do with your WR stuff.   If you read my post, you will see it was about Dallas and the Dallas envy of the drafting and their LBs.   

Lamar Jackson is insane 

First 16 career starts

Wins
Lamar Jackson (13)
Patrick Mahomes (12)

Rush Yds
Lamar Jackson (1,258)
LaDainian Tomlinson (1,236)

Passer Rtg
Lamar Jackson (94.4)
Tom Brady (90.1)

Yds per Att
Lamar Jackson (7.6)
Aaron Rodgers (7.5)

Comp Pct
Lamar Jackson (63%)
Drew Brees (61%)

This O should get a boost with us having 3 actual WRs...No Jmatt is not going to magically fix everything but at the very least give Wentz another target he trusts and will throw to. Teams will actually have to cover and worry about all 3 WRs in our 3 WR sets....

With Djax officially done wonder if Doug and Groh find a new and creative way to use AG get him running more deep routes and to be our deep threat. He has the speed to beat some guys him and Wentz just need to get on the same page.

8 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

This O should get a boost with us having 3 actual WRs...No Jmatt is not going to magically fix everything but at the very least give Wentz another target he trusts and will throw to. Teams will actually have to cover and worry about all 3 WRs in our 3 WR sets....

With Djax officially done wonder if Doug and Groh find a new and creative way to use AG get him running more deep routes and to be our deep threat. He has the speed to beat some guys him and Wentz just need to get on the same page.

Every game going forward... on one of the first 3 times where Agholor runs the jet sweep motion ... I'm giving him the ball on the end around.  Just to get him the ball and then to force the D to have to pay attention to it.   First 3 gives them something to figure out... if its the first time each game, they will see it eventually.   First 3, not enough on film to say its coming now for sure.  

How about that Viking attack with like 60 yards to WRs.... pretty much killed Dallas with RB and TE... stuff LBs should stop???   Dak looked his best that I've ever seen him though.    Every QB has a hot game here and there though.... similar to Foles in the SB.   So we shall see what happens down the stretch... but gonna be fun!!!!

Most of the FA's mentioned cost way too much. There were several players we let go who are now doing well and that makes it either a money or coaching problem. Fort was coaching, Tate was money. The money, well we now have to pay a QB, but it's also JP's last yr - and don't even think of Sproles being back, I wanted AP instead yrs ago. A big prob to me isn't even the draft, it's who is evaluating and making the final decisions. Howie's still just a good contracts guy. If he's making the decisions, then his littlw walkabout was for nothing - his drafts are still avg.

59 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Every game going forward... on one of the first 3 times where Agholor runs the jet sweep motion ... I'm giving him the ball on the end around.  Just to get him the ball and then to force the D to have to pay attention to it.   First 3 gives them something to figure out... if its the first time each game, they will see it eventually.   First 3, not enough on film to say its coming now for sure.  

Good with getting AG involved and forcing the D to have to adjust to something different. 

We extended Brandon Brooks through 2024 think it is a great extension. Not sure the numbers on the deal sure this will come out bit later.... But again we secured the right side of our OL with arguably the two best players on the right side in Lane(best RT) and Brooks(best RG hell best G).... With both guys only 29 and 30 still in there primes and should realistically have at least 4-5 more top notch years left in them 

Just now, Don Corleone said:

Lmao DC always beating people to the punch.... Didn’t know the numbers of the extension though 

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, Don Corleone said:

Meh. Was Josh Gordon a better option? He had one very good season in his career, he's not reliable, people thought by the Pats trading for him, that they would straighten him out, nope, didn't happen. He bailed on them last December saying he was going to focus on his mental health, only to have it come out that he was facing an indefinite ban because he violated the terms of his reinstatement.

Your logic of "If Matthews is in such great shape, why did the 49ers cut him" can also be applied to Josh Gordon. 

If Josh Gordon was so good, then why did the Patriots cut him?

DC, This is old subject, but I was having family issues and not been on here in awhile. Anyway, we all know Gordon has mental issues. Not sure if he would straighten out for us or not. We do know Matthews does not have any issues like this, so only reason SF would let him go is if he cannot physically do what others on the team can. At least that is my thought process. Of course, my thought process is not what it used to be.....

Anyway, we will all see soon enough what JMatt has left in his tank. I hope I am wrong! He may be what the Eagles need. Anyway, just wanted to respond as I have a chance now. Doubt I will be on much more in the next week or so... 

32 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Most of the FA's mentioned cost way too much. There were several players we let go who are now doing well and that makes it either a money or coaching problem. Fort was coaching, Tate was money. The money, well we now have to pay a QB, but it's also JP's last yr - and don't even think of Sproles being back, I wanted AP instead yrs ago. A big prob to me isn't even the draft, it's who is evaluating and making the final decisions. Howie's still just a good contracts guy. If he's making the decisions, then his littlw walkabout was for nothing - his drafts are still avg.

Why AP?   He hasn't won anything... not sure a system fit... he seems not willing to share the ball...etc.  WE won a SB, I like the choice of not signing him.  I like our current RB situation too.  There is also the fact that he may not have chosen to come here, and or we dont know if there was a conversation with his agent??    

But funny... no talk of how great Joe Douglas is anymore?????????   LOL

3 minutes ago, stine said:

I was having family issues and not been on here in awhile.

Well I certainly hope it was nothing too serious and I'm glad you're back.

Anyone see Kendricks playing Sunday? That man is on fire now. Last 3 times I watched him he was all over the place... What did we get for him?

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Well I certainly hope it was nothing too serious and I'm glad you're back.

Thanks,  Not for this site though. All is good as it is gonna be...  

3 minutes ago, stine said:

Anyone see Kendricks playing Sunday? That man is on fire now. Last 3 times I watched him he was all over the place... What did we get for him?

Believe that was his brother Eric

Mychal is with the Seahawks, they play the 49ers tonight.

40 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

big prob to me isn't even the draft, it's who is evaluating and making the final decisions. H

Howie has been making the final decisions since he got back in power since 2016. He has had worked with Joe and the rest and they likely had major input but the final decision has always been Howie’s....The only change is instead of Joe being the top evaluator it’s Andy Wiedl who was Joes right hand guy...Though Joe was here during the offseason and the draft and likely had big chunk of the FA board set as well. 

Honestly tough to completely bash the moves made this year because guys got hurt can’t predict injuries.... Djax looked like a steal week 1 we know what happened next. Malik Jackson who is to say what he could have done if he stayed healthy paired with Cox and Timmy J. 
Howard might be the steal of the offseason 

Sure not every move worked but that happens on every team

47 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Honestly tough to completely bash the moves made this year because guys got hurt can’t predict injuries.... Djax looked like a steal week 1 we know what happened next. Malik Jackson who is to say what he could have done if he stayed healthy paired with Cox and Timmy J. 
Howard might be the steal of the offseason 

Sure not every move worked but that happens on every team

I just think people expect a big move every trade deadline now?    Nothing else seems to matter it seems?