DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

11 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Bucs cut Vernon Hargreaves

I’d take a flier on him at a cheap price. But guess with LeBlanc coming back not much room unless we opted to move Maddox or another CB Zul to S be the possible 3rd guy 

More importantly think I would try and get a heavy dose of Jmatt vs the Pats they don’t have film on him or how we might use him unless they want to go back to 2016 and his role is different from then....Also like Joe stated getting AG the ball and involved early think that will help him...Jet sweep some deep shots etc. 

I know some have been talking about the Bama WRs and personally I think Ruggs is the one we should want and need....Game changing speed like Hill but not just a pure speed guy can run all the routes 

Mark the calendar because it may never happen again.

I agree with McMullen. They should play Whiteside to find out what they have.

They already know what JMatt can and can't do.

2 hours ago, ASG15 said:

Mark the calendar because it may never happen again.

I agree with McMullen. They should play Whiteside to find out what they have.

They already know what JMatt can and can't do.

I look around the league and many rooks have contributed more than JJAW...this kid was a monster in college. I am not as confident as others here that the Bye week will get us back on track. I’m hopeful... I think we need to get this kid on the field ...thought JMatt a player I always liked was a wasted move. We need someone, anyone, to start catching the ball... so maybe JMatt ‘s connection with Carson results in a better connection to the team and it rubs off on our other WR. Coaching is becoming my issue.... I demand MORE from our coaches. Hoping for a better team in the second half. Let’s go Eagles.

5 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

More importantly think I would try and get a heavy dose of Jmatt vs the Pats they don’t have film on him or how we might use him unless they want to go back to 2016 and his role is different from then....Also like Joe stated getting AG the ball and involved early think that will help him...Jet sweep some deep shots etc. 

Same player,same role unless JMatt grew 3 feet taller and got 50% faster I don't see much difference. Fact is he may be a bit SLOWER.I'm sure Belicheat has it covered lol

5 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I know some have been talking about the Bama WRs and personally I think Ruggs is the one we should want and need....Game changing speed like Hill but not just a pure speed guy can run all the routes 

Jeudy would more than likely be gone.Ruggs is a possible as is Devonte Smith.I would snag either one.With the incoming talent I would not do anything to move up for one.We can still get a nice one and keep the other pick intact.Round 2 for me would be a CB since Jones looks more like a round 4 pick now.Okudah should go early,but still should be someone in 2 we can get.If we keep our picks intact we can get another WR,stock up on some young lineman.Maybe a LB and a S.RB for me is on the back burner,but if we draft well we should be fine

16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Heads up!!!!!!!!!!!! The 8:20 Seattle game has been moved to 1 PM

Thanks! Just saw it when checking my E-mail. LOL watch this Seattle match-up turn out to be ≥ to the GB/SF game. 

57 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Same player,same role unless JMatt grew 3 feet taller and got 50% faster I don't see much difference. Fact is he may be a bit SLOWER.I'm sure Belicheat has it covered lol

No Jmatt was our primary slot guy not sure he does that again here 

58 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

On top of that Gilmore likely follows Alshon so that matchup isn’t in our favor...AG has been well AG... So taking the guy that doesn’t have a ton of film in our O in Jmatt seems like the favorable passing matchup 

10 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

On top of that Gilmore likely follows Alshon so that matchup isn’t in our favor...AG has been well AG... So taking the guy that doesn’t have a ton of film in our O in Jmatt seems like the favorable passing matchup 

That was the adjustment in the SB. But many think he will Man Up on Ertz. We’ll have to see. I’d prepare for both.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, Don Corleone said:

Believe that was his brother Eric

Mychal is with the Seahawks, they play the 49ers tonight.

You are right!  But I did notice Mychal did one heck of a job last week as well as Monday. Anyway, it seems we have a knack of giving up on linebackers too soon lol

Eric is one heck of a player too...

12 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

No Jmatt was our primary slot guy not sure he does that again here 

Whom else do we have??? SB AG and Alshon out JMatt in the slot????

12 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Film is film.I'm sure they know what Jmatt can do either from us or the 9ers.A WR has tendencies and those don't change team to team

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That was the adjustment in the SB. But many think he will Man Up on Ertz. We’ll have to see. I’d prepare for both.

In either case,I suspect a HUGE game,or at least some clutch catches from Goedert.I'm MUCH more worried about our secondary than our offense.I believe with the 1/2 punch we can run on them and for me thats the game key.Keep Brady OFF the field 

Should be lots of fireworks in this one,but really this game will be won or lost in the trenches.O line has to open holes and protect Wentz

33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Should be lots of fireworks in this one,but really this game will be won or lost in the trenches.O line has to open holes and protect Wentz

Games are always won or lost in the trenches

It's amazing that some teams can't figure that out.

2 hours ago, ASG15 said:

Games are always won or lost in the trenches

It's amazing that some teams can't figure that out.

Not always true,if the lines are evenly matched noone wins the trench war.It then gets turned over to the offenses to execute plays

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Film is film.I'm sure they know what Jmatt can do either from us or the 9ers.A WR has tendencies and those don't change team to team

The job they are asked to do does though huge difference playing in the slot which is all he played here vs playing on the outside... Not to mention the only year he played under Doug in Doug O was 16 rest was all under Kelly completely different O.

So yea Belicheat might have film on Jmatt but he doesn’t have film on how we will use Jmatt...Might as well use that slight advantage even if it is only briefly before belicheat adjusts.

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

The job they are asked to do does though huge difference playing in the slot which is all he played here vs playing on the outside... Not to mention the only year he played under Doug in Doug O was 16 rest was all under Kelly completely different O.

So yea Belicheat might have film on Jmatt but he doesn’t have film on how we will use Jmatt...Might as well use that slight advantage even if it is only briefly before belicheat adjusts.

LOL,ok any dream will do.If there was some supreme advantage to having him wouldn't the 9ers just DIE to not release him?.He is an ADEQUATE slot receiver,there are no tricks or advantages.He is here to get open and give Wentz a target which our OTHER WR's can't seem to do.I'm all for that,but there is no pie in the sky "advantage" that will get past Belicheat.He's a solid receiver and I'm totally Sure belicheat has faced those before

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m fairly surprised that it looks like Peters will regain the starter’s job.

Squeezing out every last contractual penny lol