DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yep,they DID put Sproles on IR,so that part is done

BTW I don't mind having old guys on the roster to get them a ring out of respect ONLY IF,you have the space to allow it.I think we felt,like many we were destined for the SB,or at least a serious run at it before the season began.Sproles worked very hard to even get back.You cannot argue that he didn't.However,I feel we need to move on.I even questioned us keeping him at the start of the season.I'm not sure he really has anything to prove.he's had a great career,but we need to do what we need to do,emotions aside.Love Sproles,but his time is over

3 hours ago, stine said:

He may be sued as well. Heck, he could get criminal Charges....  That was nasty and I do not think anyone disagrees, including teammates...

Very fierce rivalry,but definitely over the line.The NFL got this one right

51 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We plan to sign Ajayi....On really concern is how serious is Howard injury???? Besides that I love the trio of Howard/Ajayi/Sanders

Yeah since Clement has "disappeared" it would be beneficial to sign him.Also the fact that Ajayi knows the pats pretty well and how to beat them.I really DO believe we can win this with our ground game and clock control.Keep Brady OFF the field,as we did in  the SB

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Believe he will be a GO at game time,still signing Ajayi would be a nice insurance policy.

According to McLane, Howard is listed as questionable for Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

According to McLane, Howard is listed as questionable for Sunday.

Guess we will see what Sanders can do and play Howard only if necessary.I can't argue with that logic.Any word yet on Ajayi?

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like the move

Love Sproles but they held on to him too long.

31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW I don't mind having old guys on the roster to get them a ring out of respect ONLY IF,you have the space to allow it.I think we felt,like many we were destined for the SB,or at least a serious run at it before the season began.Sproles worked very hard to even get back.You cannot argue that he didn't.However,I feel we need to move on.I even questioned us keeping him at the start of the season.I'm not sure he really has anything to prove.he's had a great career,but we need to do what we need to do,emotions aside.Love Sproles,but his time is over

Making moves for the wrong reasons. Keeping Sproles was a sentimental gesture we couldn’t afford. Letting JMatt go because of comp pick crap we couldn’t afford. Releasing Fort wasn’t the best move for this team.  Not enough moves made to make this team the best. Free agency and trades we could have made the moves for this team. By this team I mean 2019...not the franchise as a whole moving forward

49 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Making moves for the wrong reasons. Keeping Sproles was a sentimental gesture we couldn’t afford. Letting JMatt go because of comp pick crap we couldn’t afford. Releasing Fort wasn’t the best move for this team.  Not enough moves made to make this team the best. Free agency and trades we could have made the moves for this team. By this team I mean 2019...not the franchise as a whole moving forward

Hard to say what the "right moves" are.Sure we want specific players,but at what cost? That all has to be weighed and we know we tried the "dream team" approach and it failed miserably,so there is no guarantee ANY player you bring in will make a worthwhile difference

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

IDK you see guys like Bell,really not worth what they paid for,then others like Coop who WERE.So you never can say something is a sure thing

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

Kudos,like I said he has nothing to prove.What he DID prove is size doesn't matter if you have the will to overcome it.Always loved watching him play,here and in New Orleans

DC, Zangaro has a solid piece about how involved Wentz is in the run game. Basically stating how his mind is a running game weapon. Utilizing his preparation while scanning the defense to get the right run for the situation. That part of the offense can’t be under appreciated.

I also have loved rooting for 5’ 6” Sproles. Even when in San Diego or New Orleans. I don’t mean to diss him as a person or player. It’s just been years since he could play at that level. 

7 hours ago, ASG15 said:

So you're saying he'll fit right in?

Hahahaha....you’re not well....hahahaha

8 minutes ago, trini said:

Hahahaha....you’re not well....hahahaha

I never claimed to be completely stable.

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah since Clement has "disappeared" it would be beneficial to sign him.Also the fact that Ajayi knows the pats pretty well and how to beat them.I really DO believe we can win this with our ground game and clock control.Keep Brady OFF the field,as we did in  the SB

Clement has not been able to stay healthy which is a shame had such a promising rookie year capped off with SB MVP performance(if it wasn’t for Foles, Clement likely would have won it)