DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not a bad one but like I said all debatable and Gilmore is up there on that list lol

 

No Doubt Gilmore is rightfully up there on the list. And you could make a fairly easy case for him as the top dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trini said:

Hahahaha... I'll leave it alone...Us stNding pat at the deadline... Standing pat say volumes about the team expectations this year. Hope I'm wrong.

Trini leaving something alone..hahaha now that’s a first LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 6:56 PM, BleedingGreen93 said:

Welp Alshon our perfect game for JJaw to break out in now.... Seems like the perfect replacement for Alshon both guys play a similar game. 

JJ is a good player. I really have confidence in him. He probably isn’t getting wide open a ton so Wentz has to trust his game and throw it up. Which he is very capable of throwing that nice high ball. Partly up to Wentz to take the rook under his wing and let him know they are going to be dynamite together. All confidence! The talent is there.

Dang Tua carted off and helicoptered to hospital today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Wentz can only do so much....He can throw a perfect ball but he can’t catch it. WRs/TEs/RBs have to catch the balls.

For is to beat these next two teams everyone needs to step up will take a complete team effort everyone has to bring there A games. 
 

Not like playing the skins or some other bottom tier team and we can make some mistakes play sloppy and still have a chance in the end 

Nooo doubt... others need to step up...I want my Alpha Dog to remind everyone this week and next why we think Carson is the present and the future... Wentz has done a good job statistically... I want a statement from Carson especially withy all the adversity. The one worry I have, with the team Failure to get a credible threat, or weapons on the field with Carson ...I understand injuries or whatever...I worry that Carson tries to do too much and gets hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

JJ is a good player. I really have confidence in him. He probably isn’t getting wide open a ton so Wentz has to trust his game and throw it up. Which he is very capable of throwing that nice high ball. Partly up to Wentz to take the rook under his wing and let him know they are going to be dynamite together. All confidence! The talent is there.

Dang Tua carted off and helicoptered to hospital today

That’s has  really been the silent concern. Carson losing trust in those players and not really trusting the plays because of the drops . Agreed Wentz has to execute the play and give these guys a chance. Bill is going to take the run game away, and put Gilmore on Goddert it gonna be in a Wentz’s hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a fantastic actual Insider article. Seems like we had Chris Long all lined up to come back this season, shortly after the start of the season, but Schwartz nipped it. And I defend Schwartz much of the time. But personnel is the one area I don’t think he excels at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not feeling very confident against the Pats. Number one WR out. Number one RB possibly out. Plugging in a WR and RB the week of the game....doesn’t sound like a recipe to knock off the defending champs. We need some lucky bounces to pull this one out. 
  Gotta beat the Hawks!

Why? We beat them in the SB without Wentz and a whole team of "average".So now we have that again.Can we take 1 game at a time? Worry about the Hawks after Sunday? It's a HOME game so I see no reason we can't be right there.It will be a tough game,no doubt,but so was the SB and we won that!!! The Philly special was run by a rookie RB pitching to a BU TE who tossed it to a BU QB,but you're worried about 2 guys we signed? IDC what Vegas says,I view this game as even up.I WILL be at the nest for this WIN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Patriots defense is 100 times better than last year,

. It almost feels like the Eagles are "conceding” a loss vs the Patriots. No Jeffery. No Howard. Ajayi wont be in game shape to add much, if anything. No Sproles. No Bradham still. Go two TEs the whole game I guess.

I meant 100 times better than when the Eagles won the Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, senhorcook said:

The Patriots defense is 100 times better than last year,

. It almost feels like the Eagles are "conceding” a loss vs the Patriots. No Jeffery. No Howard. Ajayi wont be in game shape to add much, if anything. No Sproles. No Bradham still. Go two TEs the whole game I guess.

I meant 100 times better than when the Eagles won the Super Bowl.

would not underestimate Ajayi...Think he will be fine likely the change of pace guy similar to when we first traded for him. Sanders should be the lead guy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We beat them in the SB without Wentz and a whole team of "average"

What???? We had one of the best O in football that year. Dominate ground game. Paired with one of the best Dsin the league. We had a great run D a top notch pass rush and even our secondary was playing above avg. that year.

2017 team definitely was not avg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Worry about the Hawks after Sunday?

This game is home as well and Seattle has to travel from the west coast and play a 1pm game. If anything this is a way bigger advantage then playing NE in our house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All that being said game will be tough we have to be willing to attack NE and they do have a great D. Find ways to stay on the field sustain drives and score tds not fgs....NE is one of those teams that we have to score tds when we have a chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how many here think,  we can beat Bellacheat and Brady today... No credible receivers... A RB fresh off the street...lame DB’s...No one giving us a shot in hell to win this game...Sooo many other issues... So who here think we can win this game .

Funny thing this is the perfect situation for a Philly win... No one likes us, no one else think we can win ...perfect Rallying game... Brady has not looked like Brady he has been good but not great. Even with all our adversity...This is a game we can win...A coming out 2019 for Carson... This is the kind of game our Birds relish...Let’s beat up Brady and these Patsies. Lamar did it to them. It’s Carson’s turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, trini said:

So how many here think,  we can beat Bellacheat and Brady today... No credible receivers... A RB fresh off the street...lame DB’s...No one giving us a shot in hell to win this game...Sooo many other issues... So who here think we can win this game .

Funny thing this is the perfect situation for a Philly win... No one likes us, no one else think we can win ...perfect Rallying game... Brady has not looked like Brady he has been good but not great. Even with all our adversity...This is a game we can win...A coming out 2019 for Carson... This is the kind of game our Birds relish...Let’s beat up Brady and these Patsies. Lamar did it to them. It’s Carson’s turn.

Think this is the perfect game for us to win honestly we always do some shocking stuff like this...Games we look like we have no chance to win we win and play our best ball.

Jmatt isn’t some bum he had some really good years here and Wentz trusts him. Honestly excited for JJaw playing the X today... As for RBs Sanders should be the lead and Ajayi not worried about this the same guy that exploded for us his first game here when we traded for him when he didn’t know the system at all... Give him handful of plays think he will make an impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I’m Doug I’d take a shot first play or at least first series show NE hey we not scared of your secondary... Because right now think NE is playing everything close and aiming to stop the run....Likely going to try and force us to win with the WRs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

What???? We had one of the best O in football that year. Dominate ground game. Paired with one of the best Dsin the league. We had a great run D a top notch pass rush and even our secondary was playing above avg. that year.

2017 team definitely was not avg. 

So who was our 1000 yard WR that year? 1000 yard rusher???? I was referring to the skill position players that were AVERAGE since some are in a panic that we "have noone"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

So who was our 1000 yard WR that year? 1000 yard rusher???? I was referring to the skill position players that were AVERAGE since some are in a panic that we "have noone"

Why do we need 1000 yard players for the team to be good???? We had one of the best rush O in the nfl and didn’t have a 1000 yard rusher.... We had the 2nd highest scoring O...But yup we were scrubs in 2017 because we didn’t have that 1000 yard WR or 1000 yard rusher.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

were AVERAGE since some are in a panic that we "have noone"

But they weren’t it what I was going at it’s how our O was laid out it spread the ball around was not a singular guy but the team that stepped up....Again 2nd scoring O and one of the best O in football you don’t do that with AVG. lol....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typeo'd earlier, meant 2 TE sets.

Don't need 1000 yd WR;s or RB's imo. Those guys can actually hurt a team if they become dependent on them. Just can't wrap my head around all our injuries these past few yrs when we're spreading reps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now