DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

So Rosie is reportedly working on extending three players. Ertz, Johnson and Jenkins. Ertz...absolutely. Get that deal done. Lane...sure... with stipulations tied in that forfeit if he gets suspended for PEDs a third time. Jenkins...I say no. He’s lost a step. Very good player and leader. But you’d be paying him for yesterday’s play more than tomorrow’s. Already under contract for next season. I’d be more apt to extend McLeod.

 
 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:
So Rosie is reportedly working on extending three players. Ertz, Johnson and Jenkins. Ertz...absolutely. Get that deal done. Lane...sure... with stipulations tied in that forfeit if he gets suspended for PEDs a third time. Jenkins...I say no. He’s lost a step. Very good player and leader. But you’d be paying him for yesterday’s play more than tomorrow’s. Already under contract for next season. I’d be more apt to extend McLeod.

 

 
 
 

 

 

 
 

 

Take a rest on Lane.

That was a lifetime ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we have to look at who's not gonna be here next year

Sproles   retire

JP  retire

Aghalor  who cares at this point

Kelce could retire  That would be bad

 

That leaves quite a few holes to fill.

Hopefully the scouts and FO figure out that speed kills

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Take a rest on Lane.

That was a lifetime ago.

I said extend him. But the suspension is part of the agreement. That’s just business. Don’t want any half a77 contracts. It’s a huge contract. Complicated. It better be thorough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I said extend him. But the suspension is part of the agreement. That’s just business. Don’t want any half a77 contracts. It’s a huge contract. Complicated. It better be thorough.

I suspect it will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know? Drafted Agholor round one 2015. Gave up a ton of picks and players to get Wentz in 2016. Followed that up with Seumalo, Smallwood and Vatai. 2017 we went defense. 2018 Goedert in round 2. 2019 Dillard in 1. Sanders and JJ in 2. That’s a ton of draft capital on offense. Can’t totally neglect the defense. Especially with Jones being a bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s all I’m saying. But the main point was more Im not extending Jenkins.

I'd extend Jenkins but it would have to be at the right price

IMO he's not a liability...…..yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

I'd extend Jenkins but it would have to be at the right price

IMO he's not a liability...…..yet

But he has been IMO. Makes plays too...don’t get me wrong. But he has made mistakes that vets shouldn’t this season. Mostly while actually playing S. He has seemed to be a liability outside of  being in the box. The sad part was mental mistakes. I’m not as forgiving on those. He’s made our corners look bad this season(when I believe it was actually his fault). So by my judge he works hard. Strong character. Good vet leadership. But physically lost a step. Mentally made some mistakes. Limited in the backend secondary role anymore. Then it comes down to he’s paid well. We have him under contract another season. So I’m extremely hesitant to give him a raise. Especially paying that for the future of when he’s 33...34. Just where I have to draw the line between passion and love for a player and.....business. Business smarts tells me...Can’t do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going into the 2019 draft I wanted Hollywood Brown(speed WR) then one of the S(Juan Thornhill I was high on but there were options). Still seems like 2020 draft what we still need to do. Can only dream of adding a LB also...but now it starts getting deep.
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Play Calling wasn’t that bad we had plays there to be made our guys just didn’t make them... Can’t tell how many times Wentz or the WRs just didn’t make a play even few runs guys just didn’t hit the right hole and instead of gaining 4-5 yards gained one or lost yards.

I don’t agree....The play calling sucked ... 40 yards of offense in three quarters ending in a QB who all game was inaccurate missing throws, throwing high....not throwing to the open players.  Yet Doug or Groh or whichever idiot is running this offense passed ...passed and passed some more to lose this game. After  the first two drives...3 plus 7=10 points...where was the play calling. This Offense didn’t make a play after the first two drives.

If the plays you call aren’t working after the 2nd quarter, didn’t work in the third quarter weather it the QB, WR, lack of a running game. What should a head coach do.? This offense hasn’t been ugly just this week.... This Offense has been ugly, unimaginative, and unproductive since Reich went to Indy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:
So Rosie is reportedly working on extending three players. Ertz, Johnson and Jenkins. Ertz...absolutely. Get that deal done. Lane...sure... with stipulations tied in that forfeit if he gets suspended for PEDs a third time. Jenkins...I say no. He’s lost a step. Very good player and leader. But you’d be paying him for yesterday’s play more than tomorrow’s. Already under contract for next season. I’d be more apt to extend McLeod.

 

 
 
 

 

 

 
 

 

The problem with Jenkins he has tooo many roles to fill. We use him several ways and multiple positions. Jenkins deserve the money, he has been a loyal player for us. I wouldn’t extend  McCleod thought he lost a step before the injury . I don’t think Lane would be that dumb to have PED issues again. Think he learned his lesson. I think we extend Ertz so we can trade him Peedy and his coaches can’t seem to know how to use two talented TE on the field at the same time. Maybe he should call Harbaugh in Baltimore on TE use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Ever think maybe Jenkins has too much on his plate having to cover the poor play of others?

I agree 100% that though Jenkins is great at many positions he is being over used and covers up many issues on this D...still not getting paid for it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 10:10 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

So many chances to put this game away.We can't get TWO yards in 3 plays to kick a FG before the 1/2? For 9 mil AG needs to catch that ball.He is worth 1/2 mil.Stopped the running game-WHY? Team totally fell apart when Lane went out.I need 14 fingers to point them all LOL

I can't understand why when WR's were having probs getting separation that Sanders wasn't used more as a target. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, stine said:

Seahawks are playing as good as any team in the NFL right now

Last week I made Seattle my personal pick (not want) to win SB LIV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Last week I made Seattle my personal pick (not want) to win SB LIV

9ers may have something to say about that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

9ers may have something to say about that

That's my (again…not want) NFC Championship match-up lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I said extend him. But the suspension is part of the agreement. That’s just business. Don’t want any half a77 contracts. It’s a huge contract. Complicated. It better be thorough.

He lost his guarantees with the 2nd suspension ... kinda obvious it will be in his next contract right?    That's like telling Howie to bring a coat if he visits Alaska in December. 

   IDK at this point... like I said it always comes down to players... we can question who they bring in ... not sure at this point thought why we would question contracts or cap stuff with this team?     

You could make the point that its bad cap giving certain players certain contracts .... I'll just flip it to its poor player selection in the first place.   

For me... I would like to see Howard extended on a reasonable deal.   Would be nice to not have to go a 6th year in a row where the leading rusher doesn't return.  Those guys make a nice combo too.  Nothing major, but the stability would be nice IMO ... especially for the QB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, trini said:

The problem with Jenkins he has tooo many roles to fill. We use him several ways and multiple positions. Jenkins deserve the money, he has been a loyal player for us. I wouldn’t extend  McCleod thought he lost a step before the injury . I don’t think Lane would be that dumb to have PED issues again. Think he learned his lesson. I think we extend Ertz so we can trade him Peedy and his coaches can’t seem to know how to use two talented TE on the field at the same time. Maybe he should call Harbaugh in Baltimore on TE use.

Jenkins... guaranteed $$ and extend to save cap space... not sure about any raise though, and IMO he has 2 years left tops after this.

McCloud... he dropped an INT that cost us 3 points ...but he has played well this year,  but he probably wants to test the market.  I'm not overpayig, but I would prefer he comes back.

Ertz... yeah they may trade him .... but I don't agree with not being able to use 2 TEs?????  why would you say that?   Look at the WRs that they are playing with.... doesnt make it easy on them... and then look at the last couple of games ... both have been producing haven't they?   That is with Wentz not being at his best either.  You throw in a WR group that can actually make some plays with a healthy RB committee... those 2 TEs would work well in there... especially with the QB stepping up his game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Jenkins... guaranteed $$ and extend to save cap space... not sure about any raise though, and IMO he has 2 years left tops after this.

McCloud... he dropped an INT that cost us 3 points ...but he has played well this year,  but he probably wants to test the market.  I'm not overpayig, but I would prefer he comes back.

Ertz... yeah they may trade him .... but I don't agree with not being able to use 2 TEs?????  why would you say that?   Look at the WRs that they are playing with.... doesnt make it easy on them... and then look at the last couple of games ... both have been producing haven't they?   That is with Wentz not being at his best either.  You throw in a WR group that can actually make some plays with a healthy RB committee... those 2 TEs would work well in there... especially with the QB stepping up his game.  

They should not even consider trading Ertz. Having two stud TE's is something any team covets. Look at what NE did with that combo. We just need a coach to utilize them properly. Get a solid #1 WR and then we have something to work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Jenkins... guaranteed $$ and extend to save cap space... not sure about any raise though, and IMO he has 2 years left tops after this.

McCloud... he dropped an INT that cost us 3 points ...but he has played well this year,  but he probably wants to test the market.  I'm not overpayig, but I would prefer he comes back.

Ertz... yeah they may trade him .... but I don't agree with not being able to use 2 TEs?????  why would you say that?   Look at the WRs that they are playing with.... doesnt make it easy on them... and then look at the last couple of games ... both have been producing haven't they?   That is with Wentz not being at his best either.  You throw in a WR group that can actually make some plays with a healthy RB committee... those 2 TEs would work well in there... especially with the QB stepping up his game.  

Just not sure how much Jenkins has left he has been a good and loyal soldier and may prove to be more effective in a diminished role. He has earned an increase in my mind.  I had issues with MCCleod before his injury, Quite frankly he looks better, more effective post injury I think someone else pays him more to leave we ignored the opportunity to get Minka Fitzpatrick in the fold. 

Joe I live in Maryland in the middle of LaMarr mania watching the effectiveness of the Ravens 3 TE sets,  I believe  Goddert and Ertz are better talents than Andrews and the other two high draft picks at TE for the Ravens. Goddert has been underused since we drafted him. I think we’re trying to get younger and go through the draft. Ertz should be our Jason Witten for the Eagles but the nature of this league the time may come where both Eartz and even a player like Fletcher Cox could be moved for picks 

Goddert and Ertz should be scaring Defenses to death.this Coaching just doesn’t seem to know how to make them dangerous no imagination or creativity in how they’re being used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@joemas6 No doubt in my mind that Howard is a keeper.What happens if Ajayi is back better than ever...we signed him dirt cheap. Does this make Howard even more expendable.?  It is pretty clear that Sanders is the future. So do we stick with our RB by committees or we try to sign Howard cheap and he walks for a better deal? We just don’t value RB’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

He lost his guarantees with the 2nd suspension ... kinda obvious it will be in his next contract right?    That's like telling Howie to bring a coat if he visits Alaska in December. 

   IDK at this point... like I said it always comes down to players... we can question who they bring in ... not sure at this point thought why we would question contracts or cap stuff with this team?     

You could make the point that its bad cap giving certain players certain contracts .... I'll just flip it to its poor player selection in the first place.   

For me... I would like to see Howard extended on a reasonable deal.   Would be nice to not have to go a 6th year in a row where the leading rusher doesn't return.  Those guys make a nice combo too.  Nothing major, but the stability would be nice IMO ... especially for the QB.  

Yeah hope Howard sticks.With Sanders and a healthy Clement we would be fine.Everyone bashing Scott. Like the kid,he plays hard,but I think he is trying TOO hard and thats where the mistakes come from.If he settles in and keeps growing he could be a decent little RB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Jenkins... guaranteed $$ and extend to save cap space... not sure about any raise though, and IMO he has 2 years left tops after this.

McCloud... he dropped an INT that cost us 3 points ...but he has played well this year,  but he probably wants to test the market.  I'm not overpayig, but I would prefer he comes back.

Ertz... yeah they may trade him .... but I don't agree with not being able to use 2 TEs?????  why would you say that?   Look at the WRs that they are playing with.... doesnt make it easy on them... and then look at the last couple of games ... both have been producing haven't they?   That is with Wentz not being at his best either.  You throw in a WR group that can actually make some plays with a healthy RB committee... those 2 TEs would work well in there... especially with the QB stepping up his game.  

LOL if we traded Ertz,I can see panic in the streets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now