DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Ajayi's contract is written that we have 1st rights for next yr, meaning we can decide to match any offer.

Have a theory maybe Sanders' shoulder was acting up again. Dunno any other reason anyone in their right mind would have not played him more if they wanted to win.

55 minutes ago, trini said:

@joemas6 No doubt in my mind that Howard is a keeper.What happens if Ajayi is back better than ever...we signed him dirt cheap. Does this make Howard even more expendable.?  It is pretty clear that Sanders is the future. So do we stick with our RB by committees or we try to sign Howard cheap and he walks for a better deal? We just don’t value RB’s.

In my view Howard is the RB we keep.They were both available and we chose Howard over Ajayi for a reason.IMO Ajayi is a "fill in insurance policy" this year only. But he can possibly do well enough to land a BU gig somewhere(maybe back in Miami)

1 hour ago, trini said:

@joemas6 No doubt in my mind that Howard is a keeper.What happens if Ajayi is back better than ever...we signed him dirt cheap. Does this make Howard even more expendable.?  It is pretty clear that Sanders is the future. So do we stick with our RB by committees or we try to sign Howard cheap and he walks for a better deal? We just don’t value RB’s.

Another possibility is that we take a round 1 draft RB.I dont see it,cause we never do it(round 1) which makes someone expendable.I'm ok with Howard/Sanders. I'm sure we take a later round RB,but really I'd like to see 2 WR's, a CB,possibly a S or lineman or LB within the first 4 round picks,then do what you want.So far we have a nice amount of picks if they stand

9 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Ajayi's contract is written that we have 1st rights for next yr, meaning we can decide to match any offer.

Have a theory maybe Sanders' shoulder was acting up again. Dunno any other reason anyone in their right mind would have not played him more if they wanted to win.

Makes sense cause he was playing well and we stopped using him. No facts,just seems to me every year we are one of the highest with injured players

20 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cook I’ve felt like we just needed to put it all together and get a few guys healthy. I’m not really scared of any team out there. No one if we get healthy we can’t beat in the playoffs. Defense is getting it together now. Just needed guys to get healthy and gel. It’s happening. Offense we need the same. We went 95 yards down the field on the Pats and scored a TD. We can do it. It can be done.

I like the optimism.  I'm just not sure this year.  If they suffer more than one more loss, it's over. AND they MUST beat Dallas or it won't matter.  Dallas DOMINATED the Eagles a few weeks ago.  It was ugly. The OLine was manhandled and that SHOULD BE the strength of this team. The DLine had little impact in that game.  There is no wild card getting in from the East.  I think a HEALTHY Eagles team could compete in the playoffs. I just don't think this team has the resolve to get in.  Win or lose this Sunday, they have to reel off 5 wins in a row.  It is conceivable with the schedule, but we have not seen this team put two good games together in a row let alone 5 or 6.  Time will tell, right?  The team has been down right MEPHITIC at times.

A FB! Look around the the league, FB's are making a comeback. Believe it would cut down on injuries to our RB's as well as help the running game, give Wentz a little extra time etc.

7 hours ago, senhorcook said:

I like the optimism.  I'm just not sure this year.  If they suffer more than one more loss, it's over. AND they MUST beat Dallas or it won't matter.  Dallas DOMINATED the Eagles a few weeks ago.  It was ugly. The OLine was manhandled and that SHOULD BE the strength of this team. The DLine had little impact in that game.  There is no wild card getting in from the East.  I think a HEALTHY Eagles team could compete in the playoffs. I just don't think this team has the resolve to get in.  Win or lose this Sunday, they have to reel off 5 wins in a row.  It is conceivable with the schedule, but we have not seen this team put two good games together in a row let alone 5 or 6.  Time will tell, right?  The team has been down right MEPHITIC at times.

Agreed... they’re stinking it up. As a 40 yr plus Eagle fan I felt after that 2017 Championship, We had the QB, HC and FO that would keep us as a contender every year for the next decade. The Gold Standard. This team doesn’t have that feel for me. We’re gonna be facing some bad NFC East teams that doesn’t mean we’re gonna sweep them. I am with you on that. It’s just much to put a mediocre team in the playoffs.

Look, it’s not how our team played week one that matters. It’s how we look at the end...if we can get in. And I believe we can still reach that level. That team that went to Lambeau and won. We are that...and more. If we can get Alshon back healthy playing at a high level. Get Howard back playing at a high level. Bradham back playing at a high level. I’m not scared to square off with anybody.

Just get healthy and put it all together. I’m not saying we should be the favorites in every matchup.....but not that big of underdogs either. I’m not scared of the cowboys. Not scared of the Pack. 49ers aren’t some unstoppable juggernaut.

Boston Scott at least owned up and admitted his mistakes. Agholor could use a dose of that. Admit you screwed up, fix it and move on. That’s all I ask. I think we saw Sanders do similar. He made some early mistakes, owned and fixed it.

Cook and others. Let’s all look at this play and explain to me how it was such a tough catch. It was only made tougher because Agholor sucks at tracking the ball. Great ball by Wentz under extreme pressure. Nellie runs for like 15 yards under it to catch it. Easily plenty of time to make any slight adjustments. Kist obviously agrees with me. And it still hits him in both hands and the face mask.

With Agholor coming across like he was I wouldn’t even have tried to catch it in the manner he did. All he had to do was face up towards the QB and go up and get it. Instead he comes across a bit to far then twists back to catch it over his shoulder. This is all the things wrong with Nelson in a single play.

Wouldn't miss this College Football 150 series, surely will be replayed. Tonight's episode is College vs Pro. The AFL experimented a lot, really turning on the passing game, college was practically all run. It was the pro game experimenting and trying new things. Then BYU picked up on it and the college game started trying new things. Finally after yrs of the pros not trying college stuff, the NFL's adapting them.

5 hours ago, trini said:

Agreed... they’re stinking it up. As a 40 yr plus Eagle fan I felt after that 2017 Championship, We had the QB, HC and FO that would keep us as a contender every year for the next decade. The Gold Standard. This team doesn’t have that feel for me. We’re gonna be facing some bad NFC East teams that doesn’t mean we’re gonna sweep them. I am with you on that. It’s just much to put a mediocre team in the playoffs.

I miss Frank Reich

8 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

A FB! Look around the the league, FB's are making a comeback. Believe it would cut down on injuries to our RB's as well as help the running game, give Wentz a little extra time etc.

Define Fullback please.Most RB's are pretty big,not like the old days

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Nelson Agholor PFF ranking

2019: 124th out of 124
2018: 74th out of 108
2017: 35th out of 107
2016: 103rd out of 104
2015: 101st out of 101

I have no words for this

Boston Scott at least owned up and admitted his mistakes. Agholor could use a dose of that. Admit you screwed up, fix it and move on. That’s all I ask. I think we saw Sanders do similar. He made some early mistakes, owned and fixed it.

No matter even if he admitted it.As your stats show he's back to the BS WR we started with.He fixed it in 2017,that was the end of that

Look, it’s not how our team played week one that matters. It’s how we look at the end...if we can get in. And I believe we can still reach that level. That team that went to Lambeau and won. We are that...and more. If we can get Alshon back healthy playing at a high level. Get Howard back playing at a high level. Bradham back playing at a high level. I’m not scared to square off with anybody.

Just get healthy and put it all together. I’m not saying we should be the favorites in every matchup.....but not that big of underdogs either. I’m not scared of the cowboys. Not scared of the Pack. 49ers aren’t some unstoppable juggernaut.

Right now noone is scared of us either

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Right now noone is scared of us either

We start slow....When we start fast we are not able maintain a lead.  When the other team makes adjustments our coaches don’t seem to be able to adjust on the fly. Defense looked great the last game, will they look like that against the Cow#itches. The Gals have had our # since they brought Amari Cooper on board. Dak has continued to improve while our 145 million dollar QB has been turned into an ordinary looking QB .

It used to mean something around here to beat the Cow#itches  I don’t feel like that matters any more , probably because we no longer seem to be able to field a team that can beat them. Some of that is on Howie as we don’t seem to be able to Draft WR’s or RB. Wentz has truly lost some of the Dynamic elements in his game. seems those elements have been coached out of him because of the heavy bubble rap around him.

When I watch Mahomes, Murray, Watson, LaMarr , They play Dynamic football...like Carson Wentz used to. Wentz was downright Scary in 2017. I see their coaches building their system around their QB. Seems like Doug wants Doug’s system around Carson and not a scheme to make Carson the player I thought was one of the very best most Dynamic young talents in the NFL...three years with Doug ? Hell Dak Prescott is looking like a betterQB than Wentz ... How did this happen.?

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ham, I love your optimism. The way I see it is the Eagles lose one or two more and miss the play-offs. They dug themselves a big hole  and I do not see them getting out of it. Defense is playing well. Just too many holes on the offense and Wentz has not yet shown he can carry the team on his shoulders. I hope I am wrong.....

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I have no words for this

I have two words - "He Sucks!"