DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

My original point was only this.Like prize fighters,you can hate your opponent with a passion,but if you fail to respect him,he may kick your arse. Then the twisting of my words began lol.Ped still can't make in game adustments.We won the SB on a call made by the QB,not Ped.I think Ped is an ok coach,but nothing I see makes me think he's something special

Point taken. We just played flat earlier this year and there should have been no reason to do so. Everyone knew how big a game that was.....

2 minutes ago, stine said:

Point taken. We just played flat earlier this year and there should have been no reason to do so. Everyone knew how big a game that was.....

Yeah,if you've seen my posts,I am harping on the "play 60".We had a 10 point lead on the Pats at HOME,then did ZIP for 3/4's.17 UNANSWERED points.The D played so hard,but they can't be on the field for 45 minutes a game

9 minutes ago, stine said:

I guess our mettle will be tested Sunday.Can we bounce back and PLAY,or will it be more of the same? I never know which team is showing up(neither do they apparently) 

5 hours ago, stine said:

I understand your point, just do not agree with it. You say he motivates better, yet he gets killed in the play-offs when it most counts and their team is favored. Yes, Dallas has beaten us three straight times. You should never have to motivate your team for any divisional game. Just listen to Ex-Eagles and you know this. They still hate the Cowboys and Giants after retiring....

It appears we both could be right.My examples were when Zeke went out,Pollard came in and  stat needle barely moved. Noone ever heard of Gallup until they played us and he kicked our a**.In contrast Jjaw scares noone.True what you say about post season,but a small reminder is he GETS there,and so I will hate the belles like we all do,but I still respect what Garrett does when his top players go down.All I was saying lol.And so with that, done with this and looking ahead to sunday

18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah,if you've seen my posts,I am harping on the "play 60".We had a 10 point lead on the Pats at HOME,then did ZIP for 3/4's.17 UNANSWERED points.The D played so hard,but they can't be on the field for 45 minutes a game

Got out to a 10-0 lead.Belicheat made the adjustments and ped had no answer for them.Then they paid us back with the Pat special lol.At any rate,that is history and now IMO the Hawks is a MUST WIN.That is going to be a tall order

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

TOP - Eagles 31:35, Patriots 28:25.

44 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ped still can't make in game adustments.We won the SB on a call made by the QB,not Ped.I think Ped is an ok coach,but nothing I see makes me think he's something special

????? Philly special didn’t win the game it happened before halftime....Doug did draw up a great play that got Ertz a TD and for us to take the lead though....

Doug is a good coach but think he is facing a similar issue to AR before he left with the asst. coaches mainly on O just lacking....Groh needs to be replaced(would love to demote him back to WR coach but that doesn’t seem like an option) 

44 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

It appears we both could be right.My examples were when Zeke went out,Pollard came in and  stat needle barely moved. Noone ever heard of Gallup until they played us and he kicked our a**.In contrast Jjaw scares noone.True what you say about post season,but a small reminder is he GETS there,and so I will hate the belles like we all do,but I still respect what Garrett does when his top players go down.All I was saying lol.And so with that, done with this and looking ahead to sunday

JJaw needs more plays. He cannot prove anything from the bench. To give him a shot, you have to put him on the field.... Ags has shown nothing except short screens, so give him less time...

52 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Got out to a 10-0 lead.Belicheat made the adjustments and ped had no answer for them.Then they paid us back with the Pat special lol.At any rate,that is history and now IMO the Hawks is a MUST WIN.That is going to be a tall order

I don’t see how you can put all that on the coach? Top two WR were out. Number 1,3 and 4 RBs were out. Then our best Oline got hurt early. HOF Oline Hurt late. Playcalls were pretty good. Scott missed the reads and didn’t hit the holes. He also made bad decisions on fielding punts. He apologized. But that put us in terrible field position to start....and then behind the chains on second and third downs. Then you have no WR...they weren’t getting very open and dropped passes. It all seemed to weigh on Wentz. He held on too long and had several inaccurate passes. Defense had plenty of good moments but missed some key opportunities to get off the field to turn the field position battle. Easily feel like the coaches did enough for us to win that game vs the defending SB champs.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t see how you can put all that on the coach? Top two WR were out. Number 1,3 and 4 RBs were out. Then our best Oline got hurt early. HOF Oline Hurt late. Playcalls were pretty good. Scott missed the reads and didn’t hit the holes. He also made bad decisions on fielding punts. He apologized. But that put us in terrible field position to start....and then behind the chains on second and third downs. Then you have no WR...they weren’t getting very open and dropped passes. It all seemed to weigh on Wentz. He held on too long and had several inaccurate passes. Defense had plenty of good moments but missed some key opportunities to get off the field to turn the field position battle. Easily feel like the coaches did enough for us to win that game vs the defending SB champs.

Doug definitely called enough good plays that the players just didn’t execute on.... I know many want to highlight the AG drop but even before that play happened....Wentz missed 3 open WRs with extremely poor passes...Also highlight the 2nd & 15 play where Wentz opted for Jmatt when he had a wide open Ertz that would have easily gained 10 plus yards and made it 3rd and manageable instead threw the right window to Jmatt didn’t make the play and we were stuck in 3rd & 15....

On 11/19/2019 at 8:28 AM, trini said:

Just not sure how much Jenkins has left he has been a good and loyal soldier and may prove to be more effective in a diminished role. He has earned an increase in my mind.  I had issues with MCCleod before his injury, Quite frankly he looks better, more effective post injury I think someone else pays him more to leave we ignored the opportunity to get Minka Fitzpatrick in the fold. 

Joe I live in Maryland in the middle of LaMarr mania watching the effectiveness of the Ravens 3 TE sets,  I believe  Goddert and Ertz are better talents than Andrews and the other two high draft picks at TE for the Ravens. Goddert has been underused since we drafted him. I think we’re trying to get younger and go through the draft. Ertz should be our Jason Witten for the Eagles but the nature of this league the time may come where both Eartz and even a player like Fletcher Cox could be moved for picks 

Goddert and Ertz should be scaring Defenses to death.this Coaching just doesn’t seem to know how to make them dangerous no imagination or creativity in how they’re being used.

How are you scaring defenses to death when there is nothing on the outside to help?   Ertz just got 90 yards with Gilmore covering him... the same guy who eliminated Alshon in the 2nd half of the SB?    When they play the Eagles they can focus on the TEs... when you play Baltimore... the focus is on the QB and the run game .... much easier.  I just flat out disagree with this by looking at the last few games.  Look st the production?  One guy racking up cathes and yards... the other guy has scored a TD like every game lately.   Playing next to Mack Hollins... come on now.  Relax with that .. undr utilized stuff.  They play ... the defense covers the best players ... its what happens.    There is only one ball to go around.  

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Ertz just got 90 yards with Gilmore covering him.

Ertz did well vs NE but Gilmore didn’t shadow him when he did cover Ertz though was only targeted 4 times and Ertz only caught 1 pass for 4 yards......All that being said I do understand where your coming from the post 

10 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

This Eagles team needs a completely revamped passing attack right now the goal should be to get JJaw reps especially over Hollins.

There are a couple of big fast kids on PS are we gonna give one of them a chance . Greg Ward has been on there for 3 yrs. Guess they’re still not ready.

26 minutes ago, trini said:

There are a couple of big fast kids on PS are we gonna give one of them a chance . Greg Ward has been on there for 3 yrs. Guess they’re still not ready.

We likely call one up to be the 5th option not really given them a chance unless there is a string of injuries... At this point not sure why we are given Hollins reps need to see what we have in the other guys. 

Ertz can become the 2nd fastest TE to reach 500 receptions needs 8 catches....Only TE ahead of him is Kellen Winslow Sr. Did it in 101 games. Ertz will be at 102 games if he gets 8 catches vs Seattle...

2nd places right now is Jimmy Graham did it in 106 games. 

Injury situation isn’t looking as promising as I hoped. Lane has been ruled out. Howard not sounding too great(at least Ajayi should be in line to contribute). Alshon is not sounding completely healed even if he does try to go. And Nellie unfortunately it sounds like will try and play. Bradham back being the lone bright spot. 

12 hours ago, downundermike said:

TOP - Eagles 31:35, Patriots 28:25.

LOL TOP doesn't mean squat if points aren't on the board to show for it. 

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Injury situation isn’t looking as promising as I hoped. Lane has been ruled out. Howard not sounding too great(at least Ajayi should be in line to contribute). Alshon is not sounding completely healed even if he does try to go. And Nellie unfortunately it sounds like will try and play. Bradham back being the lone bright spot. 

Ajayi should help with Howard so not overly concerned at RB...WR With how our guys have played not sure how it hurts us to give other guys a serious look instead of playing hurt WRs 

19 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Ertz did well vs NE but Gilmore didn’t shadow him when he did cover Ertz though was only targeted 4 times and Ertz only caught 1 pass for 4 yards......All that being said I do understand where your coming from the post 

Right... wasn't concerned about the production as much of the fact that he had the attention and the game plan to draw Gilmore... and White from Buffalo too.     

Saying we don't utilize the TEs is kinda ridiculous,  especially lately...look at the targets and the combined production.     They could have better stats per catch or target... with some help on the outside for sure though. 

The key to this weekend is Dallas losing.  Really it's all that matters.  From there. .4 games we should easily win... and the head to head game with Dallas that should decide the division.  

I'm already anticipating the negative vibes and " it's over" feelings from the media and fan base.  Similar to the last 2 years... might be just the thing the team needs. Just get written off, and go play.  The defense seems to be getting healthy, which is the good sign as the weather gets more difficult to score.  The coach deciding to run the ball once we get the combo of Howard, Sanders and Ajayi... combined with the defense and the QB managing the game... should be enough to win the easy games.... still comes down to Dallas either way week 16. 

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Ajayi should help with Howard so not overly concerned at RB...WR With how our guys have played not sure how it hurts us to give other guys a serious look instead of playing hurt WRs 

I was hoping with the bye week and another week off Alshon would be healed up. Doesn’t sound like that’s the case though unfortunately. It does sound like he will suit up and play however. Agholor I wish was too hurt to play. Sounds like he’s going to play though. So I’m with you on giving other guys a chance other than Agholor. Just noting that everything I’m hearing is he will play injured. I want him a healthy scratch from what he’s given us, frankly.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

The key to this weekend is Dallas losing.  Really it's all that matters.  From there. .4 games we should easily win... and the head to head game with Dallas that should decide the division.  

I'm already anticipating the negative vibes and " it's over" feelings from the media and fan base.  Similar to the last 2 years... might be just the thing the team needs. Just get written off, and go play.  The defense seems to be getting healthy, which is the good sign as the weather gets more difficult to score.  The coach deciding to run the ball once we get the combo of Howard, Sanders and Ajayi... combined with the defense and the QB managing the game... should be enough to win the easy games.... still comes down to Dallas either way week 16. 

Do we win the tiebreaker against dallas if it goes down like that? Sanu is out for NE and they are talking about Brady being very injured but still suiting up. cowboys might actually pull off the victory. Hope not. I pretty much was waiting until after we play dallas to get real thinking about tiebreakers.