DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was hoping with the bye week and another week off Alshon would be healed up. Doesn’t sound like that’s the case though unfortunately. It does sound like he will suit up and play however. Agholor I wish was too hurt to play. Sounds like he’s going to play though. So I’m with you on giving other guys a chance other than Agholor. Just noting that everything I’m hearing is he will play injured. I want him a healthy scratch from what he’s given us, frankly.

Promoted Greg Ward again from PS seems like the time to give him a legit shot at this point....What is this his 3rd year with us... 

I would be fine seeing JJaw/Jmatt/Ward as the starting trio at this point.... What the worse that happens they produce the same level as what we already been getting...

Would love to get Alshon back 100% healthy but doesn’t seem like he is close yet

I want JJaw playing Alshon role it’s the position we have had him at the most and Alshon is likely a no go so seems like the best scenario.

Ward/Jmatt I could see flip flop both can get work in the slot and the other outside WR role.

Sadly even if AG doesn’t play or leaves early they likely turn to Hollins before giving Ward a serious look 

I just hope the Eagles have fun! No matter what or how the game progresses - just have fun!! I believe that they can actually try harder by just letting loose and being more aggressive. Be a bit reckless if necessary.  If they are behind in the 4th qtr or whenever it makes sense to - just do it.

The Eagles have nothing to lose. Everyone expects them to slowly be crushed. Please be a bit crazy even if it doesn't work out perfectly, so what.

I guess I'm suggesting - DON'T TRY to be perfect, just try to scare the Seahawks and I'll be happy.

Who’s in favor of Dillard starting at RT? It’s tough decisions any choice you make. You could leave Dillard at LT and move Peters to RT. But he is injured and really can’t give a full practice learning the knew position. V has practiced and played at RT. Many think with a full week of practice at the position he could be serviceable. I actually was thinking that Seumalo is the best backup RT. Put V in at LG. That leaves Dillard on the bench in case of Peters not being able to go all game. But that way I’m not messing with the Rook’s development. He’s our LT.  That’s shaking up the continuity of the Oline more. But Seumalo hasn’t been great this year. And maybe he’s better at RT than LG. And maybe V is better at G than him. And maybe V is a better G than T. Tons of ways to look at it. I just hadn’t really heard anybody mentioning this final scenario which I think I’m preferential to.

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ward up from the PS

LOL I was waiting for this since mid-week and when it hadn't yet happened as of last night I didn't think it would. Still he'll probably be a last resort. 

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Do we win the tiebreaker against dallas if it goes down like that? Sanu is out for NE and they are talking about Brady being very injured but still suiting up. cowboys might actually pull off the victory. Hope not. I pretty much was waiting until after we play dallas to get real thinking about tiebreakers.

Yes...if we lose to Seattle...they lose to New England or Buffalo.  They stay one game ahead...if we beat them to tie... and both teams win the rest of their games... they would beat the Rams which are not a common opponent.  So we get the 3rd tiebreaker.   Of course... if both teams lose an additional game... and ours is a division game..then they get it.

8 hours ago, EaglesFanNoDak said:

I just hope the Eagles have fun! No matter what or how the game progresses - just have fun!! I believe that they can actually try harder by just letting loose and being more aggressive. Be a bit reckless if necessary.  If they are behind in the 4th qtr or whenever it makes sense to - just do it.

The Eagles have nothing to lose. Everyone expects them to slowly be crushed. Please be a bit crazy even if it doesn't work out perfectly, so what.

I guess I'm suggesting - DON'T TRY to be perfect, just try to scare the Seahawks and I'll be happy.

Before they have fun,perhaps they need to get serious.I will let them have fun when we have a 35 point lead with 3 mins left in the 4th.The offensive lack of production there is nothing funny about.I saw nothing fun about going up 10-0,then not scoring another point for 45 minutes and gassing our defense.I doubt they were having fun either.Before you can become aggressive,you have to become confident and I don't see Wentz's confidence except for the 2 TE's.See no confidence in the WR's.SO no fun until they get things on the same page,actually EARN their paychecks and DO THEIR JOBS

3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

LOL I was waiting for this since mid-week and when it hadn't yet happened as of last night I didn't think it would. Still he'll probably be a last resort. 

With basically zero production there is no harm in trying him because there is nothing less than zero production.JMatt should be up to speed now and maybe we pound Ajayi some snaps so we can use play action instead of being a vanilla offense

I was gonna go to the nest,but my daughter is coming in with a new puppy for me,so I will just have to rely on your guys play by play

10 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

He’s on the PS which means he can practice with the team. No need to officially say anything until the last minute.

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Before they have fun,perhaps they need to get serious.I will let them have fun when we have a 35 point lead with 3 mins left in the 4th.The offensive lack of production there is nothing funny about.I saw nothing fun about going up 10-0,then not scoring another point for 45 minutes and gassing our defense.I doubt they were having fun either.Before you can become aggressive,you have to become confident and I don't see Wentz's confidence except for the 2 TE's.See no confidence in the WR's.SO no fun until they get things on the same page,actually EARN their paychecks and DO THEIR JOBS

I have to agree with NoDak on this. Playing uptight and not to lose is never much of a winning formula. Playing confident and loose always generates better results. Have fun. Celebrate. 

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Who’s in favor of Dillard starting at RT? It’s tough decisions any choice you make. You could leave Dillard at LT and move Peters to RT. But he is injured and really can’t give a full practice learning the knew position. V has practiced and played at RT. Many think with a full week of practice at the position he could be serviceable. I actually was thinking that Seumalo is the best backup RT. Put V in at LG. That leaves Dillard on the bench in case of Peters not being able to go all game. But that way I’m not messing with the Rook’s development. He’s our LT.  That’s shaking up the continuity of the Oline more. But Seumalo hasn’t been great this year. And maybe he’s better at RT than LG. And maybe V is better at G than him. And maybe V is a better G than T. Tons of ways to look at it. I just hadn’t really heard anybody mentioning this final scenario which I think I’m preferential to.

Issue with moving Semaulo is then we basically have two new starters in different spots...Though I agree that Semaulo might be the best backup RT....Not sure how I feel about Dillard at RT though yes think he can play RT just fine but with JP health how long until he is out plays???? Then Dillard goes to LT and we place V at RT...

Id probably have went V at RT can give him some help let Dillard stay LT 

39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I have to agree with NoDak on this. Playing uptight and not to lose is never much of a winning formula. Playing confident and loose always generates better results. Have fun. Celebrate. 

Playing loose and getting your arse kicked is better?

ALshon is suiting up

Facts are right now there is little confidence in this offense.Having fun is NOT a dang option right now.They need to put their heads to the grindstone and WORK and EXECUTE.After being humiliated for 45 minutes last week,this offense better get a grasp,and NO FUN until that happens.DO your jobs!!!! IMO this is must win if we want to stick around in post season,then of course week 16 is THE game of the year for us

Alshon out

46 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Our WRs today have a combined 14 catches 174 yards 0 tds..... 

HAHAHAHA-OMG NOT funny.That is PATHETIC